Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried/purchased any of the new Amouage Library Collection - Opus 1,2 &3

I am a massive Amouage fan loving Dia, Jubilation, Reflection and Lyric so am very eager to try these three though they do seem hugely expensive even by Amouage standards. Anyone tried them yet? are they that special/remarkable that they deserve to be set apart from the rest of their fragrances. Look forward to some feedback from the Amouage fans amongst you.

Default Re: Anyone tried/purchased any of the new Amouage Library Collection - Opus 1,2 &3

I love Opus, especially Opus 1. That's why I bought this one. To me, it is the best in my Amouage collection ( Lyric, Gold, Dia, Jubilation, Silver, Reflection ).
    I think anyone who can't stand the strength of Amouage scents, will be able to fall into Opus I. Opus I is not an "in-your-face" scent like Epic or Gold or Jubilation. It is soft, smooth, deep, and wonderful. It smells like something's always there, something standard, something never change. It lingers for so long, and has many faces. When I tested it for the first time, I got surprise. How could a scent can smell that great? It opened with enjoyable and smooth floral notes for about 20 minutes. Floral notes started calming down, then dry rose note played its role, so deep and dark and seductive... The rose still showed the charm while woody notes, including strong dry and sharp guaiacwood + warm and smoky cardamom, appeared to stay forever... Very diffirent, very beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone tried/purchased any of the new Amouage Library Collection - Opus 1,2 &3

They are different, but very good. I own Lyric, Epic, Ubar & Jubilation for women, so I'm a fan. I'm a newbie to scent description, so I will give you my overall impression - the Opus collection is, as whole, more personal than than Amouage's other scents. I found II to be significantly more masculine, but definitely wearable by either sex. Opus I is the most subtle.