Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Creed Woods & Spice - let's speculate...

The blog, Now Smell This, posted a bit of information about this today.

As mr.cologneguy mentioned above, the proper name is Spice & Wood. The list of notes are discussed as:

...top notes of Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and Court Pendu Plat apple with a heart of Angelic root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and Italian birch. It dries down into Egyptian iris and cedar, oak moss and musk...

$550 for 250 ml

Launching in November.

Link here.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

As mr.cologneguy mentioned above, the proper name is Spice & Wood. The list of notes are discussed as:

...top notes of Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and Court Pendu Plat apple with a heart of Angelic root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and Italian birch. It dries down into Egyptian iris and cedar, oak moss and musk...

$550 for 250 ml

Launching in November.

Link here.
    I have to say, this sounds like its going to be very good.
    My fingers are crossed.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned

beautiful...

A very fancy bottle I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

$550 for 250 ml

Launching in November.

Link here.
    Does that site review Creed frags? I mean why post a 'preview' when there is no interest in reviewing them. The last Creed review they had was when Scenteur7/Marlen was writing for them (I believe it was Original Santal).

If anything, these 'Creed previews/news' gives NST's hardened anti-Creed following a chance to air their same old 'Creed aint my thing' views in the comments over and over and over (dont believe me, check out any of the previous Creed "news" there). I don't care if you give thumbs down or up, show some balls, try the fragrances and put thought to (virtual) paper. Else stop mentioning Creed to score some hits.

Its like 2002 all over again..
    -

The Creed rep I spoke to said it smelled like a toned down OS without the sweetness.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    The Creed rep I spoke to said it smelled like a toned down OS without the sweetness.
    I hope it is not going to be another variation on the OS/Joop themed fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Does that site review Creed frags? I mean why post a 'preview' when there is no interest in reviewing them. The last Creed review they had was when Scenteur7/Marlen was writing for them (I believe it was Original Santal).

If anything, these 'Creed previews/news' gives NST's hardened anti-Creed following a chance to air their same old 'Creed aint my thing' views in the comments over and over and over (dont believe me, check out any of the previous Creed "news" there). I don't care if you give thumbs down or up, show some balls, try the fragrances and put thought to (virtual) paper. Else stop mentioning Creed to score some hits.

Its like 2002 all over again..
    While I agree with your basic sentiment, it's a phenomenon that happens on BN all the time as well. All major brands and large releases are subjected to the pre-release talk. It's mostly harmless, as negative speculation can and will quickly turn to adoration if the juice is good (and/or if a big name reviewer or two really takes to it). Honestly, though, I think your incessant and almost knee-jerk defense of all things Creed is as, if not more, harmful than some lighthearted speculation.

If someone dislikes Creed or thinks Aventus smells cheap or generic or what have you, just let it go. I mean, it's fine to try and encourage someone to sniff more closely and find and admire the qualities that you see in a scent, but constantly defending the brands every move and confronting those who disagree is only going to push people away from Creed. More flies with honey, and all that.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    If it comes across as a clove/cedar edc....I'll be very dissapointed. But that is essentially what my money is now on....is a sort of light edt, bordering on edc clove/cedar scent with a taste of Bois D'Orage.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

How many are going to pay that price? I've spent tons of money over the years, but not that much on just one frag.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Honestly, though, I think your incessant and almost knee-jerk defense of all things Creed is as, if not more, harmful than some lighthearted speculation.

If someone dislikes Creed or thinks Aventus smells cheap or generic or what have you, just let it go. I mean, it's fine to try and encourage someone to sniff more closely and find and admire the qualities that you see in a scent, but constantly defending the brands every move and confronting those who disagree is only going to push people away from Creed. More flies with honey, and all that.
    You are wrong on that. I discuss and comment on any fragrance I like. I could say the same thing about your incessant adoration of every thing Amouage...what, Lyric Man it is? Or is it Homage? Or Reflection? I can't recall, I go numb reading mountains of paragraphs you write about Amouage.

I don't want to take this further, and I am sure you understand.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    You are wrong on that. I discuss and comment on any fragrance I like. I could say the same thing about your incessant adoration of every thing Amouage...what, Lyric Man it is? Or is it Homage? Or Reflection? I can't recall, I go numb reading mountains of paragraphs you write about Amouage.

I don't want to take this further, and I am sure you understand.

You just proved Sculpture's point you know? :/ Anyways, I do enjoy reading Sculpture's posts about Amouage, because he brings a different dimension to the fragrances and opens my eyes (or nose) to smell another facet of Reflection, or Dia, or XXV, or what have you. Sometimes, its just better to agree to disagree, even if it means others taking potshots at you. Life is too short to get embroiled in disagreeing over a disagreement.

Anyways back to the topic, I would love to sample this, but sadly here in Singapore, the distributor is not bringing in Spice and Wood, and the cost of the sample from TPC is a tad prohibitive for me. Guess I'll pass on this one

The bottle looks nice, all i have heard it is a lighter bois du portugal, it is more transparent but it smells spicy woodsy and there is no citrus in the smell.

Banned

in the picture, you can see the affixed sprayer on top, with the glass cap fitting over it.

as opposed to the same bottle Sublime Vanille with the removable poofer.

Any more speculation out there?

I for one hope it's not too powdery, but with desert pepper, cedar, dry birch, and iris....? Could be. And perhaps it will be as subtle as Sublime Vanille ? Hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    For $500+, the likely price point, it had better be damn strong stuff.
    Yup.

Also, I wonder if the Royal Exclusives will ever leak out to discounters, or be tightly controlled to the luxury retail B&M's, and the NY boutique...
    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Question:
    Has sublime vanille begun to appear at online discounters yet? And if so, what is the cost?

Looks good, I definitely want to try this I have been hearing good things.

Basenotes Institution

I want to try this too ! I love the notes listed. The bottle is gorgeous ( with an atomiser, no less ) I don't care if this is for men ,it just sounds lovely. I love my woods and spice notes.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'm excited. Mr Creed will be at the Niemans here in Houston when he comes to the US. It says November here but the guys there told me October. I believe this store was top Creed "pusher" . I might have to go. I gave them my info for an invite. I just want a whiff. This may be up my alley.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 21st September 2010 at 04:25 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

After wearing a BdP layering today, I couldn't help but think of the word choices made for this fragrance:
    Quote Originally Posted by CREED
    Pungent Cedar
    finest aged woods and spices
    Obviously I think the "aged spices" means the clove wil no doubt be alot more Iso-eugenol than regular eugenol (which will please Vetiver48/BdG/RSL fans), but I am left wondering what the cedar will be....

Now, of course, I would prefer a huge dose of the Cedar/tonka from the base of windsor, but does anyone else think these "pungent/aged" linguistics indicate the use of the exact same powerful Cedar note from BdP ?

I am so geeked for this scent I cant get it off my mind!
    I have yet to find the perfect winter scent!

My guess at this point is a slighty greener but ultimately more masculine (and stronger) take on something like Costes EdT. They share rose, incense, woods, pepper and spices in structure.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    My guess at this point is a slighty greener but ultimately more masculine (and stronger) take on something like Costes EdT. They share rose, incense, woods, pepper and spices in structure.
    I very much like Costes edt (red flacon), but the fact that Creed's initial note lists included Rose, but their most recent list didn't, makes me think the Rose is a minor player, but all the spicy notes of Costes would be very welcome!