Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Silver Mountain Water - Longevity/Sillage

How is sillage and staying-power on Silver Mountain Water? Is it as bad as Millesime Imperial, or is it as good as Tabarome Millesime? Many of the Creed scents are gone after 1-2 hours on my skin..

Default Re: Creed Silver Mountain Water - Longevity/Sillage

For me sillage and longevity are good with all Creed fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Silver Mountain Water - Longevity/Sillage

I have good luck with many Creeds except for Erolfa and Himalaya. Silver Mountain Water has tons of sillage and 10 hour longevity. In fact, I have to be careful not to spray too much or it will be overpowering. MI does not nearly have the overpowering strength, but it also smells awesome for a long time with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it kind of light Oslo, about the same longevity as MI. No way as long as Tabarome.

Haven't worn it much this year since it's been very temperate here this summer (25C). I like it better in hot weather.

But it did surprise me last time I wore it. Lasted a bit longer than I thought. It does wear pretty light to me. Like MI, I find it to be a nice enough scent to put up with the relatively short longevity. But be aware, Los Angeles is quite dry, and I've got scent sucking skin for the most part.

I smell it on my clothes next day, but my nose gets fatigued pretty quickly on the day I'm wearing it.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

People will give you different answers based on the different batches of SMW that they use. I have SMW from three different batches - one (a few years old) smells like the nectar of the gods, and has a moderate staying power and projection, another (slightly more recent) smells similar but with a sharp and somewhat unpleasant note which disappears with time, the staying power is far more than the first batch and then there's the most recent juice - the weakest and with less than half the longevity of the vintage juice mentioned above.

Same applies to MI and GIT, you will find that different batches are wildly different when it comes to both scent and longevity. This irritates the cr@p out of me, I'd pay more than the full retail price for the "golden" batch GIT/MI/SMW, but I wouldn't take the millesimes from crappy batches for free. It's all a lottery unless you get to test the juice from the very bottle you are buying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    People will give you different answers based on the different batches of SMW that they use. I have SMW from three different batches - one (a few years old) smells like the nectar of the gods, and has a moderate staying power and projection, another (slightly more recent) smells similar but with a sharp and somewhat unpleasant note which disappears with time, the staying power is far more than the first batch and then there's the most recent juice - the weakest and with less than half the longevity of the vintage juice mentioned above.

Same applies to MI and GIT, you will find that different batches are wildly different when it comes to both scent and longevity. This irritates the cr@p out of me, I'd pay more than the full retail price for the "golden" batch GIT/MI/SMW, but I wouldn't take the millesimes from crappy batches for free. It's all a lottery unless you get to test the juice from the very bottle you are buying.
    Yes it`s very irritating. I think the only Creed Fragrances i will buy again after finishing my bottles, are Tabarome Millesime and Green Irish Tweed. Thats because I know they lasts very well on my skin. I own and love Himalaya and O-V also, but i think it`s to much money to spend on a fragrance that only last for a couple of hours.. I like S-M-W, but i don`t think I will take the risk because of Creed`s longevity "problems". Erolfa last quite well on me, but it is the old "vintage" bottle. Someone says that the new bottle doesn`t last.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 25th July 2010 at 08:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver Mountain Water about 4 hours on me before it starts to fade, but it smells nice whilst it lasts. Millésime Impérial fades quickly on me after about 3 hours.

Just tested this today and longevity on me is like 3 hours. Its totally faint.

I really don't get the value in buying most Creeds. They are simply overhyped
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, it's nuclear stuff. I mean REALLY long lasting and almost scary sillage. I'm not joking, my buddy sprayed a few sprays of my bottle and a couple of hours later in NYC, it smelled like he had bathed in the stuff, you could smell it easily 15 ft behind him.

Edit: I really think people are burning their noses out. Really this stuff ALL lasts. Millesime Imperial lasts and projects for an easy 8 hours. So does OV.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 26th July 2010 at 01:29 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Really strong for a Creed milesime. Lasted about 6-7 hours easily. Not sure about sillage but I'm guessing it's potent.

I've always had great longevity and excellent sillage; comparable to GIT.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    IMHO, it's nuclear stuff. I mean REALLY long lasting and almost scary sillage. I'm not joking, my buddy sprayed a few sprays of my bottle and a couple of hours later in NYC, it smelled like he had bathed in the stuff, you could smell it easily 15 ft behind him.

Edit: I really think people are burning their noses out. Really this stuff ALL lasts. Millesime Imperial lasts and projects for an easy 8 hours. So does OV.
    You lucky guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting reading the wide range of experiences with it. Four hours easily, but most of that is the buttery Ambergris base.

On my skin also, it faded quickly to the base of ambergris and musk but I was able to smell it on myself and my clothes. The main attraction for me were the top notes and they faded so quickly that I finally gave up on SMW--my only favorite Creed. It does have a moderate sillage but I don't usually care about that.

SMW on my skin gets a decent 3 hours and then it's fading fast. Projection is moderate only for the first hour. Too bad because it's a really nice scent.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I will wear this today and check it out further

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    This really annoys me. When you are paying full retail it's simply unacceptable that it's such a lottery as to how good your bottle will actually be.

Post Thanks / Like

With GIT and Aventus, I can just faintly smell it after a couple hours, but my wife can still easily smell it when I get home from work 8 hours later. I really think it's just nose fatigue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    This really annoys me. When you are paying full retail it's simply unacceptable that it's such a lottery as to how good your bottle will actually be.
    Yeah, it's a crap shoot. This is the one thing that prevents me from buying a bottle Neroli Sauvage. I have a TPC sample right now that is a magical woody-floral with plenty of longevity and decent sillage (for this type of scent). But then I sprayed my wrist with it at Nieman's a few weeks ago and it was just a weak, transparent floral, with no zesty woods at all.

And, maybe I'm too nice, but I'd sort of feel bad asking them to open a new bottle of it for me to smell for a few hours before I bought it. If their tester is screwy, I'm betting the rest of their bottles are, too.

PS, I find SMW to have admirable sillage and longevity, but I have only smelt it from one source, ever. I can't comment on batch differences.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to make sure that the sillage/longevity is out of this world.. Buy Amouage!
    Today I bought G-I-T shower-gel. I hope it will increace the scent.

Ok, I wore one spray of SMW to the gym. Right away I noticed that it didn't have the richness and depth as my previous bottle but it was still quite good. One spray was enough for me to me noticeably fresh for myself. If you want to have some serious projection, 2 sprays. 3 sprays would be overdoing it in confined quarters and borderline mad. 4 sprays would definately be maddening. For work or gym, 1-2 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    If you want to make sure that the sillage/longevity is out of this world.. Buy Amouage!
    I second this. Amouage has killer sillage and longevity. Montales are good too. The Black Aoud that I ordered from France with the extra oil in it, is hands down so nuclear that 1 spray almost sends me into a coma. I'm afraid to wear it to any kind of function.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I second this. Amouage has killer sillage and longevity. Montales are good too. The Black Aoud that I ordered from France with the extra oil in it, is hands down so nuclear that 1 spray almost sends me into a coma. I'm afraid to wear it to any kind of function.
    He he.. I have the same experience with Epic. I can never use it other places than under my shirt, and max 2 sprays. If I go crazy and use it over the shirt, i must spray (1-spray) in the air, and just walk through the cloud. This masterpiece is the strongest stuff i own no doubt. Fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

You just bring the bottle with you, or you buy a 15 ml atomizer and fill it up daily. SMW, MI, Erolfa and many others tend to seek out your pores and disappear inside within an hour and a half. Fragrance design and performance isn't the hallmark of Creeds, although BdP and VT do it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    You just bring the bottle with you, or you buy a 15 ml atomizer and fill it up daily. SMW, MI, Erolfa and many others tend to seek out your pores and disappear inside within an hour and a half. Fragrance design and performance isn't the hallmark of Creeds, although BdP and VT do it well.
    Actualy Erolfa has good staying-power on my skin..

i can give some good first-hand perspective here.

I got my first bottle of...

Millesime Imperial in 1997
    Silver Mountain Water in 1999
    Green Irish Tweed in 2000

over the past two months I've gotten new bottles of all three from the Creed Boutique. They all have "09" date stamps on them. Just got my SMW today.

In all three cases, they smell as good or better than the older bottles:

SMW = same as old bottle
    MI = better than old bottle
    GIT = MUCH better than old bottle

I think it's due to the fact that GIT and MI don't age well (top notes eventually die off), but I think SMW does (top notes don't die off). But I also just think their latest batches have been mixed very very well. Especially the GIT, which smells like an altogether better frag than the old bottle I had.

However, all three don't have the longevity that the older bottles do. I can't judge sillage, so I can't help you there.

It's a trade off. I'd rather have better smelling juice than longevity. Though I can see how it might perturb people who are used to department store designer scents that have the longevity and sillage of nuclear waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Ok, I wore one spray of SMW to the gym. Right away I noticed that it didn't have the richness and depth as my previous bottle but it was still quite good. One spray was enough for me to me noticeably fresh for myself. If you want to have some serious projection, 2 sprays. 3 sprays would be overdoing it in confined quarters and borderline mad. 4 sprays would definately be maddening. For work or gym, 1-2 sprays.
    please please please please dont wear cologne to the gym

please

as a fellow gym goer I assure you everyone around you is completely overpowered by whatever scent it is. when your core temp rises the scent magnifies intensely and annoys everybody around you.

you dont go to the gym to smell good, man! It's ok to stink a little bit there lol

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me sillage and longevity are good with all Creed fragrances.
    +1. Very good longevity for SMW 8-14 hours. Good Sillage for 4 hours or so then closer to skin.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post

I can agree with that.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but this fragrance projects like a BEAST on my skin for the first hour or two. It's almost to the point where I can choke someone out with only a few dabs from a sample vial. I need to be more careful in the future. I distinctly remember a girl in my literature class moving seats the next time the lecture met and I can only imagine it was because of this.