Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Group is closed -- 3 discontinued perfume decants to pass around

Glad you enjoyed trying the fragrances, coopmom, and thanks for your impressions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am back after my vacation and I am sorry once again that I held the fragrances for almost entire allotted time. I mailed them on Sept 1, with only 2 days before the final three week call. I hope my BN friends will forgive me for what was so far my slowest sniffing-and-then-mailing job. Obviously, I needed a lot of time and energy to wrap up work and prepare for leaving on a two week driving/hiking trip.

I have not written anything about Odalisque yet, but I remember it fondly. I think my experience will be different from all yours, because I did not experience anything strong and disturbing, nor did I feel anything "larger than life". When I smelled the final notes in the drydown and thought about what was my experience like, the first thought that bubbled to my mind was, "it was way too comforting, I hope I was not in a harem in my previous life." Yes, this perfume to me was sweet, lovely, and mostly comforting. It's a quintessential "holiday perfume", I'd wear it to a New Years Eve party, I'd wear a drop of it to an evening performance in an opera or theater, and it fits me like a second skin. Now, as a part of my vacation, I did a skin consultation with Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (post will come later, let me know if you're interested) and now I know that my skin is musky and it also brings out green notes, so obviously, the smell of musk was comforting as my own smell, and greenness of my skin makes everything fresher. As a result, I enjoyed Odalisque as a very comforting, easy to wear perfume.

The one I'd seek on ebay is vintage Arpege. 30 Roses, when you have a minute for it would you mind sending me a picture of what the bottle looks like + what's written on it? Or we can go the other way, I can send you links of the bottles I see on ebay.

Thanks again for a wonderful experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Warum, in light of your thoughtful reviews and excellent packaging job (took me 15 minutes to get through all the layers ), all is forgiven. The fragrances arrived to me with nary a leak.

Ha ha ha
    I hope I was not in a harem in my previous life
    - would that be a bad thing?

I hope you returned renewed and refreshed from your vacation and ready to take on the world again.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad thing, I do not think.

It is nice to read your impressions now that we know for certain that our skins are so different -- I do not do most musks, remember? Of course, tell us more about the consultation with DSH. By all means, please?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warum, my bottle is 28 gr. and the bottle and packaging looks like this one (but I only have the bottom of the box): eBay item 390208692420

The gold label says:

ARPEGE
    EXTRAIT OF LANVIN
    PARIS FRANCE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, ladies! Good or not, but it so much won't fit an image of me today that it's funny!

30 Roses, thanks! I'll be on a lookout. Thanks for introducing me to that one.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warum, just to let you know, your private message mailbox is full and can't receive any more messages.

Post Thanks / Like

My dear friends,i am the next person to receive these wonderful scents...my dear friend coopmom has mailed these to me ...can't wait to try
    Last edited by sophi; 20th September 2010 at 06:24 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

30 Roses, cleaned it out yesterday. Thanks!

Sophi, looking forward to your impressions!

Post Thanks / Like

Sophi pm'd me this morning, trying to trace the package I sent her on 9/14. I also went to the usps website to use the tracking feature, and there is no information other than the day I shipped. I'm concerned that this is lost in the United States Postal Service system somewhere.... I can track another package sent on the same day, and others sent later. My apologies to all -- not sure what I could have done differently, but still....

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let's see...two and a half weeks in transit...is it possible it's being help up in Greek Customs? Earlier this year I sent a package to B.C. (Canada) and it took 2 weeks to arrive, so maybe this isn't so unusual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    Sophi pm'd me this morning, trying to trace the package I sent her on 9/14. I also went to the usps website to use the tracking feature, and there is no information other than the day I shipped. I'm concerned that this is lost in the United States Postal Service psystem somewhere.... I can track another package sent on the same day, and others sent later. My apologies to all -- not sure what I could have done differently, but still....
    My dear friends ,
    Coopmom posted me the package and pm'ed the number and link to trace it..the time passed ,i didn't receive it and i followed the link of ussp to trace it!It came out nothing!I asked my local post office for it and they know nothing!The thing is that the tracking number appears info for only the day it was posted and then...lost trace!How can this happen?Hope we find information soon!I start worrying!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Let's see...two and a half weeks in transit...is it possible it's being help up in Greek Customs? Earlier this year I sent a package to B.C. (Canada) and it took 2 weeks to arrive, so maybe this isn't so unusual?
    My dear 30 Roses!
    We have swapped with coopmom before and we are having a new swap in progress!The first swap package came within 10 days to Greece and second in progress is on the way .me and coopmom trace it in the same link in uccps and found all the info about it!Why there isn't any info about the other one?Something's wrong!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The so called tracking numbers are really only delivery confirmation numbers-- that is, they may only be scanned when delivered.

I have purchased items that were shipped to me with d.c. numbers, whose numbers never appeared in on the USPS.com website until the day they were delivered. So, I think we should wait a while and not panic.

On the other hand, small packages can get stuck in sorting machines. I once received a package from within the USA, which was delivered 22 months after it was mailed. Evidently the sorting machine finally coughed it up.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Okay, sophi sent me the DC number and this is what comes up when I enter it into the usps website:

I copied and pasted the DC number into the tacking page of USPS.com and this is what comes up:

Label/Receipt Number: [number omitted by 30 Roses for privacy]
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Parcels

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on September 13, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Perhaps when you entered the dc number, you inadvertently included a period at the end of the number? That would be like adding another character or letter to the actual dc number, and might have kept the tracking site from working right.

Anyway, it seems it is still in the system, so let's all relax and wait for it to show up!

Post Thanks / Like

It will eventually arrive.

Last year I sent a package to Lady_in_Black in Italy in July and she received it in late December. It was like Christmas gift for her. One package to her -- back in 2007 -- got lost.

Also in a previous Forward the Package with Coty La Rose Jacqueminot, it was lost for 5 months enroute from Canada to Europe.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, 30 Roses, that's the same info Sophi and I get. I printed the shipping label on the 13th and mailed on the 14th. I still have my copy of the shipping/customs form. Usually I can see the progress through the system ( for example, the package I shipped to Sophi on Monday left Chicago on friday). But with this one, nada. Anyway, I hope our story works out like yours and Twolf's did.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an off the wall comment from a man's point of view with the holiday season coming. I recently bought Creed's Imperial Millesime after trying Silver Mountain Water, Penhaligon's, and many others. It is a favorite of my wife and she comments about it every time I wear it unlike the others. While I realize my experience is non-existent compared to most of you, I am learning. Also, I am a wet shaver and love the T&H Grafton aftershave.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that, river1; my husband wears Original Santal and I don't think he has tried Imerial Millesime yet, but I'll suggest it.

On topic, the decants package seems to still not have found its way to Sophi (who is recovering from some broken bones sustained in a fall). I appreciate everyone's patience while we wait a bit longer; I may resend after the New Year if the package has still not arrived, but in that case I will change the order of shipping with Greece last to receive (in case the authorities in Greece are responsible for holding the package.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update 30roses, I know that many people will no longer ship to Italy so it makes sense that Greece may also have their problems caused by the economic meltdown, there. Best, Doug

Post Thanks / Like

I am rather disappointed with development or better said failure of this event. Sophi pls empty your mailbox, I want to send a PM to you.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It isn't failure yet, Alicka...just delay. I'm waiting a bit as I hope not to have to sacrifice 15 more ml of discontinued perfumes by resending, but I will eventually if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    It isn't failure yet, Alicka...just delay. I'm waiting a bit as I hope not to have to sacrifice 15 more ml of discontinued perfumes by resending, but I will eventually if necessary.
    30 Roses, you have a wonderful attitude and patience to match; it is a wonderful character trait. I am sure the package will be found soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes 30 Roses, I am rather skeptical taking into account the Greek economic/ political situation (maybe corrupt customs staff) and my experiences with waiting for shipment - after certain time it's almost sure it will not pop up...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On reconsideration, I've decided to send individual sample packages simultaneously to each of the remaining people on the list. That way no one will have to worry about shipping their package to another country afterward. The samples will be small glass vials rather than the larger sprays that were in the original package.

I'll make them up very soon and send them out, by Monday at least.

Sophi, I'll send you more samples as well. If the original package ever reaches you, please just send it back to me the least expensive way.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Okay, I spent a few hours decanting and packing up twenty 1 ml samples (glass vials with dabbers) for the five members who have not yet received these fragrances. There was room, so I tucked in a 4th LE/discontinued one: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007. These are yours to keep.

The three members who live in Europe will find their package declared as a stuffed animal toy (I have a bunch of little plush toys that my daughter outgrew; they serve to cushion and camouflage the perfumes.) Hopefully you will all get your packages.

All will be mailed Monday. Please post when they arrive.

Edit: They have been mailed.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 22nd November 2010 at 06:31 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump!

River1 has let me know they got their package.

Edit: And now Alicka has gotten hers too. So far, so good.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 2nd December 2010 at 02:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received the package! I didn't realize they had been found. Yay! I'll start testing them.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the updates...wow, how generous you are 30 Roses! I'll be happy to mail the remainder of the sample back to you.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

30R is a BN hero, should become a legend, or so I have heard. For organizing this and other samplings. For being real.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

(thanks, dear!)

Mountainear, thank you, but those samples are yours to keep, or if you do not care for them, to pass along so that others can smell them! I'm glad they got to you okay, and am hoping that kewart's and sophie's will reach them safely before too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    30R is a BN hero, should become a legend, or so I have heard. For organizing this and other samplings. For being real.
    -- Yes, I second that.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sophi-- I got your message but cannot reply because your box is full and your visitor messages are disabled.

Don't forward your samples to Alicka61-- she has her own set. I sent some to kewart and the others as well.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump to report that kewart finally got her package. That means means everyone in the group has now received them.

Post Thanks / Like

You really are too kind 30 Roses!
    So generous of you to save the situation in your own generous way.
    I will enjoy testing the scents and promise to report back on this thread at a later date.
    Merry Xmas!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.