Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Osmoz, Les Coulisses Du Parfum Olfactory Kits?

Hi everyone! Brand new to the board.

I was wondering if anyone had personally experienced and experimented with the Olfactory Kits (Vol. I-V) that are available for purchase from osmoz.com? I'm looking to broaden my expansion of recognizing and picking out particular notes for various fragrances and thought that perhaps this might be a beneficial way to achieve that.

Thoughts? Reviews? Are there any other kits out there that may prove to be superior to these?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Osmoz, Les Coulisses Du Parfum Olfactory Kits?

I have to admit that I have I-III, but haven't even opened them yet. Like most long-time BNers, I'm so backlogged on samples, investigations, reviews, and other olfactory projects, that I end up just sniffing things as needed. I'm actually looking forward to sniffing those kits soon - maybe I'll move them to the top of my list and do them before the end of the summer. I want to give them a full weekend just for initial opening ceremony. I know it sounds weird, but I need lots of uninterrupted brain time for sniffing things seriously, and I want to review those kits seriously.

Consider also some kits from the Perfumer's Apprentice, as well as getting a custom list of components from both there and from Eden Botanicals. I found those to be very useful in an earlier project.

I certainly think those osmoz kits are worthwhile - I wouldn't have forked out for them if they weren't. I just can't report on them quite yet....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Osmoz, Les Coulisses Du Parfum Olfactory Kits?

I appreciate your honesty and your guidance to check out other sites and what they have available.

When you get to it, let me know how those Osmoz kits worked out for ya!