Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default 1 Million! To buy or not to buy...

I finally sampled this fragrance and i really liked it. I found it to be similar to John Varvatos, which i love but find hard to wear, however i found it much more casual, playful, and well, better for me.

My issue is spending $50 on a 1.7oz from Fragrancenet. I know that sounds stupid since that IS pretty cheap, but i'm trying to not spend over $30 on fragrances per month (limiting me to TJ Maxx sadly). Also, i'm very big into buying retail as its guaranteed to be real.

Considering it's the last bottle I actually want, i'm thinking it's probably worth just sucking it up and getting it. I AM against online buying as retail is guaranteed to be real and new, but in my experience (once lol) Amazon.com is legit and so is Frangrance.net (i'd be buying from Fragrance.net via Amazon) so i'm assuming i wont have a problem in terms of fakes.

Also, do Amazon gift cards apply to merchants such as Fragrance.net as long as the item is purchased through Amazon?

Default Re: 1 Million! To buy or not to buy...

Let me assure you, no matter what you are telling yourself, it won't be the last bottle you want. ;-) That's not how you end up on this forum LOL.

Just wanted to add that despite there being a thread about this scent finally being introduced in the US earlier this month, I happened upon it in a shopping mall perfume clearance outlet this past weekend (I was across the border). Sorry, I didn't see the price tag....but if you prefer to not to buy online, it might be worth checking your local mall.

Blog Entries

Haha, very true statement. I said Rochas Man was my last bottle and here i am again...

But i've checked everywhere for it, and nothing except those sketchy perfume booths in malls. One of them had the 3.4oz for $100...ill pass on that. When it comes out in the US its going to end up being $60 (based on the Euro -> USD conversion) for a 1.7oz, so i'm thinking i might as well just buy it online.

Although it is undoubtedly a nice frag, be aware that it will be introduced in the U.S. market around September (only in Sephora, I believe). With this said, it will undoubtedly be the new Le Male in terms of ubiquity, as most males in Europe already reek of too many sprays of this. Just a warning....

Not.

Blog Entries

I ended up buying it...now to wait for it to ship!

I hope fragrance.net throws in a few samples too, thatd be nice

hmmmm .... looks like I'm a little too late. I was going to suggest a retitle to: To Try Before We Buy - or NOT

Blog Entries

I already sampled it on a card and liked it. I tend to like flashy, even obnoxious fragrances so i'm assuming it'll be even better worn as a SOTD

BUY. This is a good scent. While ubiquitous, it works well and will keep you smelling nice. Sometimes you don't want to stand out. Sometimes you just want to smell good. This fits the bill.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Blog Entries

Got it in the mail today and LOVE it

Now that i can give a more educated opinion, i do NOT see how this is unisex or even extremely sweet. The opening is sweet no doubt, but i've been getting a very prominent leather note, more so than John Varvatos even. I noticed it in the opening (in fact it actually kinda repulsed me for a second till i realized what it was) and its been growing stronger, while the sweetness subsides. Unisex? possibly...but feminine? hell no!