Code of Conduct

Default Christian Dior private line - ones

I recently got myself a bottle of Armani Prive Amber/Orient and it reminded me that I still haven't seen let alone tried any of the Dior private line.

Judging by my top ten in my signature what are the 3 to check out? Cant imagine getting samples of these anywhere so I'm trying to just narrow it down a bit.

Thanks guys

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason my iPhone posted the thread before I even finished typing he title....
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q

Default Re: Christian Dior private line - ones

Mitzah - spicey with a warm amber base (because you like Chergui and Tobacco Vanille)
    Bois d'Argent - metallic - crisp - understated (because you like MR and M01 and Aventus)
    Patchouli Imperialle - try it - a very sophisticated patchouli

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Mitzah - spicey with a warm amber base (because you like Chergui and Tobacco Vanille)
    Bois d'Argent - metallic - crisp - understated (because you like MR and M01 and Aventus)
    Patchouli Imperialle - try it - a very sophisticated patchouli
    In addition to those I am rather fond of Ambre Nuit. It similar to Mitzah but very dissimilar. There is a more seductive quality to the Ambre Nuit in my opinion. I got my samples from the Perfume Court, I have never looked what the international shipping would be from them.

Since you like TV and MR.. I am going to guess you dont mind dark, evil, intense and sweet..

Leather Oud and Eau Noire are worth checking out
    Mitzah is really nice also

The is a new oud coming which I hear is good - Oud Isbahan.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

Have all 14 in my collection. My favorites are:

Granville
    Leather Oud

Leather Oud, Ambre Nuit, Oud Ispahan, Patchouli Imperial.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Banned

Leather Oud
    Ambre Nuit

Leather Oud is really good.

I own and totally dig eight of your "top 5" list which is actually a top 11, lolz. From the Privee line I own:

Leather Oud
    Eau Noire
    Bois d'Argent

also maybe:

Ambre Nuit
    Patchouli
    Vetiver
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Ambre Nuit
    Leather Oud
    Bois d'Argent
    to the ones I have smelled...

Are they available in the Uk anywhere to try? Harrods or Harvey Nichols is imagine?
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Are they available in the Uk anywhere to try? Harrods or Harvey Nichols is imagine?
    Selfridges in London have them but you would have to call to enquire as they do not sell them on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Selfridges in London have them but you would have to call to enquire as they do not sell them on their website.
    Any Selfridge in particular? I am in London at the moment and will pop into one today
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Any Selfridge in particular? I am in London at the moment and will pop into one today
    I would try the one in Oxford Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Same with the Chanel exclusives. You can call and they will tell you the price, but you can't mail order (at least for Chanel you couldn't). I last tried it back in the autumn of 2011.

Ambre Nuit is amazing. Leather oud just wasn't my cup of tea and couldn't handle how animalistioc it was.

A little off topic, if anyone has samples of any of the Dior private line they'd like to swap I'd be happy to trade with you as I'd like to sample all if not most of the line. Give me a PM if you do

Ambre Nuit is amazing. Leather oud was quite obscure but interesting.
    Last edited by canuck21; 14th December 2013 at 05:07 AM.

The only ones I liked are Leather Oud, Vetiver and Granville.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Leather Oud, Ambre Nuit, Patchouli Imperial.
    I briefly sampled these 3 last week. It was my first experience of the line, and I was impressed.

I think everyone's covered the highlights. My absolute favorite is Leather Oud, followed by Bois d'Argent, Ambre Nuit and Mitzah. Granville is also very nice and interesting. Patchouli Imperiale and Vetiver felt to me a bit like also-rans, albeit with very high quality ingredients and nice blending.

Oud Ispahan is probably the only one that really disappointed me. It's not a bad scent by any means, but I found the rose to be too sweet and overwhelming, and the oud to be too nonexistent. To me it seemed very similar to the more refined and elegant Lumiere Noir Pour Homme.

Well I bleedin well love Oud Ispahan, wearing it right now for the first time and it's become this smokey, incense, rose, tobacco, oud blend which is completely intoxicating. Highly recommend it.

Oud Ispahan sure is a surprising hit to many.

Love it myself
    Last edited by canuck21; 14th December 2013 at 05:08 AM.

Leather Oud is tremendous
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

There are some real gems in that line. I own Leather Oud and Eau Noire and am extremely happy with both. I like Vétiver and Patchouli Impérial enough to consider getting FBs of both eventually. The rest of the line, however, has left few lasting impressions on me...

I really HATED the Vétiver in the Privee line, It just didn't work at all on me and it was one of the few frangrances I've had to actively wash off.

Leather Oud, Ambre Nuit and Granville are the crowd pleasers, I'm surprised how popular Leather Oud is as its quite an odd combination of overly sweet and animalic. Oud Ispahan is a big grower if you give it time and it has relentless lasting power and is incredibly consistant over an 8-10 hour period.

I'm still yet to try Patch Imperiale, Eau Noire or Bois d'Argent.

Can't think of any Leather OR Oud fragrances I loved so "Leather Oud" is going to be risky business but i'm going to give it a try. Hopefully I can find a Dior boutique that has them.

Just wanted to get the one from this line that I love then get one from Chanel's exclusif line and hopefully give it a rest for a while lol hopefully being the operative word
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Can't think of any Leather OR Oud fragrances I loved so "Leather Oud" is going to be risky business but i'm going to give it a try. Hopefully I can find a Dior boutique that has them.

Just wanted to get the one from this line that I love then get one from Chanel's exclusif line and hopefully give it a rest for a while lol hopefully being the operative word
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

I would think that at least one of the Dior boutiques in London carries the line, if the dept stores do not.

I tend to prefer the darker ones in the line, but I see you prefer fresher perfumes. So, as others have pointed out, perhaps Granville and Vetiver. Mitzah might work, since you like Chergui and Tobacco vanille. I love Eau Noire, but it has lots of immortelle (burnt sugar) and is sweet, so I doubt it will appeal to you.

cacio

I wouldn't recommend blind buying Leather Oud, it's intense stuff and poison in the wrong hands.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Ambre Nuit
    Leather Oud
    Bois d'Argent
    to the ones I have smelled...
    These 3!!! maybe + Vetiver

Eau Noire and Ambre Nuit are my favorite. My wife thinks AN smells like a well put together man - it's much more mainstream smelling than some of the others. Eau Noire is a load of warm immortelle and is incredible in cooler temps.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Can someone compare their favorites to other known fragrances on the market ? Ie. " If you like this then you will like xxx". I felt very rushed when I went to try these out at the Dior Boutique. The security guard was watching me like a hawk and the SA's weren't the friendliest. I could stand there for at least 15 minutes in deep thought smelling these potions but the circumstances didn't let me.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Anyone else have this problem ?
    Not in so many words but I do think there has been a cock-up within Dior as to positioning of this line. They seem to have tried to follow the Hermessences approach but unlike Hermes my guess is that they haven't done much in the way of training for the SA's so you have a whole lot of bottles sitting in a store where the staff are only interested in sellng garments and hand-bags. The Cartier Les Heures line is even more ridiculous - impossible to find and when you do be prepared for blank stares. With Hermes, at least, you have a far better chance of hitting staff who not only know that Santal Massoia is the latest, or Vetiver Tonka is popular with men, but can also talk about the scents themselves. One or two have even heard of Jean Claude Ellena!

The situation you describe is inevitable when staff do not understand that a perfume line may appeal to a different customer base than their usual one - if all they see is an impulse buy accessory then it displays a lack of business and marketing perception further up the corporate ladder IMO. The only way round this is to try to find someone in the store to engage in conversation - patience is a virtue and if you get lucky it can make for a much more satisfying experience. It also helps if you buy something, of course - it's a shop selling stuff just like any other shop

That said, I found a guy at the Dior flagship here who was genuinely interested and asked if I had tried Grey Vetiver or any others to compare with the Dior one etc.

Dior: Granville is a staple for me, also like Vetiver & Leather Oud.