Code of Conduct

Default Any fake L'Instant de Guerlains?

I did an order through Amazon for $53 even for 4.2oz LIDG with 3.4oz shower gel, and a pouch.

When I was on the checkout page or something I saw only 2 left thing.

Shipping and sold by Amazon supposedly, not third party. So, hopefully legit.

However.. I have not found (on an official/retail website) a gift set (such as the type on Amazon) for 4.2oz bottle with 3.4 shower gel (and pouch)...

Thoughts?

Edit: If anyone has any info on fake LIDG's, please do tell and I can try to compare what I may end up getting to info from online.

Dependent

Default Re: Any fake L'Instant de Guerlains?

Personally I've not heard of fake LIDGs. Maybe it was a good buy?
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Hopefully it's legit, it's a good price.

It is real. I have seen many LIDG gift sets like that at perfume shops I have been to in Dallas.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Haven't seen this one be faked yet thankfully.

I purchased the same set from 99perfumes.com for around the same price and was wondering the same thing!? but now that you have mentioned it is on Amazon, I am guessing that it may have been a set that may be making the rounds on the discounters til they are gone. I've never done an order from this website which had me even a little more worried, but with a 20% discount I couldn't pass it up!

I will keep my fingers crossed for the both of us!

The chances of LIDG being faked are very remote.

The chances of a LIDG gift set being faked are absolute zero.

Update: Package came in today. Oily stuff on the fragrance bottle, and the shower gel I got is a 2.5 not a 3.4. Also, I put in the code or w/e on the bottom of the bottle in http://checkcosmetic.net/ and it came out as a February 2008 manufactured date... past expiration..

Any idea of temperature range of New Jersey Amazon warehouse where this was kept? I don't really want to go through with a refund, as I want the fragrance and it's already here. Heh

The color of the juice is a light color, it doesn't seem dark/red as if oxidized. It was inside of a bag, wrapped in some kind of paper, and inside of a box. So light was maybe not a problem, thing I'm concerned about is the temperature, and it's age. But the 2nd spray I did on myself it does have that citrusy opening smell that I've read/heard about. So perhaps the juice is still good, even though it's maybe from 2008? Would spraying on a piece of paper towel and coming back to it hours later be a good way to test longevity, due to olfactory fatigue?
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 4th July 2012 at 01:22 AM.

The fact that it comes as a gift set is comforting to me. On the other hand just because Amazon sells it themselves doesn't mean it is 100% authentic. I see that comment a lot on this site but YES Amazon is loaded with counterfeit fragrances like several other online vendors.

Two things you should take to heart:

1. I have never seen even a photo of a counterfeit Guerlain fragrance. ever. (Mr. G will back me up here)
    2. Fragraces last waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy longer than 3 years if stored properly. Don't worry about that.

The best advice I can give is:

Trust your nose.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Also, on the box (gift set box or something) it has 8P02 (or 8PO2) on it, but on the bottom of the edt it has 8P01 (or 8PO1).. what gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Also, on the box (gift set box or something) it has 8P02 (or 8PO2) on it, but on the bottom of the edt it has 8P01 (or 8PO1).. what gives.
    Just quit it, it's real! You got a good deal! Why complain?
    My Top Ten:

Well it is concerning, the supposed manu. date, oily residue on bottle, differing codes, the plastic also looks like a lot of minor scratches on it. Dunno what the deal is. Hopefully it is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    1. I have never seen even a photo of a counterfeit Guerlain fragrance. ever. (Mr. G will back me up here)

Trust your nose.

Go to www.drugstore.com and do a search for Heritage by Guerlain. I believe you own a bottle of this as I do. My box doesn't look like this at all. I saw one like it up close in an indian discount store last weekend. Don't be so trusting I guess I see too many of these in NYC. Capital of counterfeit junk.

"Trust your nose" is the only way to go.

Well it is concerning, the supposed manu. date, oily residue on bottle, differing codes, the plastic also looks like a lot of minor scratches on it. Dunno what the deal is. Hopefully it is legit.
    Box sets aren't usually factory sealed. It's possible that any number of things have happened to that bottle - it sounds like it's been handled, and could even possibly be damaged from light exposure, traded from another box, etc. One thing that it is not is counterfeit - I can guarantee you that.

The manufacturer's codes are usually different on the box set and the bottles even in brand new box sets from high-end retailers. I assume this is because the box sets are assembled some time after the bottles are manufactured. Check out one the next time you're at Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Go to www.drugstore.com and do a search for Heritage by Guerlain. I believe you own a bottle of this as I do. My box doesn't look like this at all. I saw one like it up close in an indian discount store last weekend. Don't be so trusting I guess I see too many of these in NYC. Capital of counterfeit junk.

"Trust your nose" is the only way to go.
    Grab that shit up! it's vintage!

Guerlain changed all their boxes in 2008 to the ones with the long tassel logo - they used to all be like this, with the odd boxy logo. Before that was the black and white zig-zag pattern, and before that the blue paper boxes.

Seriously, though, I have n e v e r seen a fake Guerlain - even in New York when we were there in March - and I've seen a LOT of fakes. I have, however, seen very old bottles of extrait refilled with god knows what - maybe a mixture of the extrait and EDC, or even Emeraude in one case. If it's in a spray bottle, you're good.

I was surprised to see so many fake bottles of By Man and Encre Noire while I was in NYC, though. Wasn't aware these were highly desirable fragrances.
    My Top Ten:

Thanks for replying alien, helps me feel more at ease. The scent is quite good though, I was expecting something different perhaps. .

I've not seen these faked.. You got a great deal on a very nice scent. Check out the Extreme version too!

Thanks for replying alien, helps me feel more at ease. The scent is quite good though, I was expecting something different perhaps. .
    Do you get hamster bedding?
    My Top Ten:

Actually, I went and smelled the paper towel piece I sprayed and then I sprayed myself again and it did kind of seem like hamster bedding, haha. And a sweet citrusy smell (for the fresh spray). Earlier I sprayed myself and went outside and did some jogging/walking. Don't blame me on this next part, but it might kind of smell like D&G's The One (for men) to me (after the citrus part). I'm still a noobie/novice, and my nose isn't as developed as a lot of people yet, heh.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 4th July 2012 at 04:39 AM.

Stop freaking out. It's not a fake. Nobody fakes Guerlains (yet). You probably got a great deal BECAUSE the packaging is flawed; think about it.

That said...LIDG should NOT smell anything like hamster bedding. Usually you have to pay much more or much less to get hamster bedding. (joking)