Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Boston 2010 Basenotes World Wide Meet-Up

This perfumista should be wearing a t-shirt that says: "I survived basenotes Boston 2010"! Seriously...heading out to the Boston wonderland weekend, A La Nuit gently graced my pulsepoints. This morning I'm f'ing doused in Habanita! Which goes to prove, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! The city of Boston itself is rich in history, brimming with breathtaking architecture, gourmet restaurants, cultural diversity, and the best of the best luxury boutiques! Nothing, however, compares to the loving kindness freely flowing through the basenotes friends (and their extended family/friends) I was so fortunate to meet. Our time together was short but precious. Life lessons were shared, in between the spritzing & sniffing. Come to find out I DO LIKE NOTES OF ROSE! Neil Morris' new Rose Tattoo was an instant favorite. (not to mention Burnt Amber, October, & Summer of Love! I actually bought them all!!!) Having the chance to meet Neil & David was one of the many gifts I received! Ida, Gabrielle and Mark ~ whose souls are now permanently etched inside my own ~ Joy, Lisa, Lesley, Catherine & Catherine, Adam, Jarvis, "Mo", all treasures beyond compare! Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge of perfumes, and of life!
    Nobody can put THAT in a bottle! I'll probably be on this "basenotes weekend high" for a few more days...but for now I'll finish drinking my gigantic "Southie" cup of coffee and fiddle with my camera/computer to try and get photo's online...xoxo

Default Re: Boston 2010 Basenotes World Wide Meet-Up

Glad to read that you had such fun, but I'm jealous that I wasn't there.

I'm also glad it was a succes
    and I'm also jaloux as hell ...

Blog Entries

Sounds like a blast. I can't wait for the pictures and lots of perfume descriptions!
    Currently wearing: Truth or Dare by Madonna

Let's just say that it was truly wonderful !

Many thanks to SMM and Neiman Marcus's Ann Fanning for making it so pleasurable ;-)

[Sak's gave us 15% off on the Guerlains- and still had bee bottles of Attrape Coeur and Philtre D'Amour in stock...!]

There was a lovely cross-pollination of young and less-young, newbies and older members.

I was thrilled to be able to steal precious time with each of the folks; Junie and I hit The Colonial together-
    And whatever wasn't in stock, or wasn't practical, I decanted for our girl.
    It was my pleasure;-)
    [BTW- Miz Joy- I have a bunch o' green jus for you I need to send out !!! I missed you on Sunday !]

I'll bet lots of folks are tired today...

Yeah, double-thanks to SMM again for taking the time to put this all together; everyone really had a great time. It was really nice to see the variety of people who attended as well. I'm giving my nose another day to fully recover, then it's time to start wearing the new acquisitions and working through all the free samples!

Basenotes Institution

I've been waiting for a post from the weekend all morning - thanks sweetie.
    Currently wearing: Bois des Îles by Chanel

Talking Re: Boston 2010 Basenotes World Wide Meet-Up

(re-post from the original thread - just wanted to be sure to thank everyone really thoroughly!)

To all who went, I just wanted to say thank you again for such an amazing time this weekend! I’m a local, but never knew how many great fragrance adventures were to be found in Boston! And as newbie, I couldn’t have wished for more wonderful company from the basenoters (& other friends) along the way – everyone I met was just so incredibly kind and fun and generous and witty and knowledgeable (am I gushing yet?). My nose has still not recovered from all the perfumed delights -- visiting the various stores with their huge selections was overwhelming (in a really good way), and special thanks to the folks at Neiman Marcus who treated us so generously (& Saks!). It was also a huge honor to meet Neil Morris, who is just amazingly talented, and he and David Garten were so warm and welcoming and provided a fantastically fragrant and fun Sunday afternoon! And, of course, enormous thanks to Somerville Metro Man for so thoughtfully putting all this together – what a great weekend! Yay! Can’t wait to do it again

Blog Entries

Wow, this sounds fantastic! Maybe there should be an annual event? A new tradition? (maybe it's already an old tradition, but as a new member I know little). I'd love to be able to participate. Tried to do it this time, but couldn't.

I need to make a public and formal apology for my brutal verbal assault upon the many French fragrances and fragrance house names. Poor Brielle's ears were continually defiled by my twangy, flat Midwestern American manner of speech. At one point, while sniffing some Patou's, her spinal column bristled & I'm pretty sure a blood vessel in her gorgeous European head almost burst! I am heartily sorry for the pain and suffering inflicted upon my fellow basenoters. But still, I LOVE the smell of DJEDI!!! May the force be with you! (xoxo)

Basenotes Institution

What a fab time Thanks for the updates !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I need to make a public and formal apology for my brutal verbal assault upon the many French fragrances and fragrance house names. Poor Brielle's ears were continually defiled by my twangy, flat Midwestern American manner of speech. At one point, while sniffing some Patou's, her spinal column bristled & I'm pretty sure a blood vessel in her gorgeous European head almost burst! I am heartily sorry for the pain and suffering inflicted upon my fellow basenoters. But still, I LOVE the smell of DJEDI!!! May the force be with you! (xoxo)
    Your French sounded positively and beautifully mellifluous to my Bostonian ears!

xox
    phthalo

Basenotes Plus

You folks have perfectly captured the equal parts exhilaration and exhaustion of a frag meetup! There really is nothing like it.

Thanks to all for your updates, look forward to more!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: SummerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Oh, I wish I could have joined in! I'm glad it was a smashing success!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

As I said on another thread, David & I had such a great time seeing all of you! I wish Quarry could have made it - would have loved meeting her. Thank you all for coming by! You all smell MARVELOUS!!

Love, Neil

I am so excited to read about your perfume adventures in Boston.
    It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Please keep posting your impressions, I want to feel like I was there!
    Evenstar

Goodness!!!! I spent this whole day in bed, I needed to recuperate from one of the best weekends in my life.
    I cannot begin to tell everyone how wonderful it was to spend time with and share such glorious experiences with all who were here this weekend. I believe we all took away memories that we shall hold dearly for the rest of our days, that is how much fun we had.
    What made this whole thing even more special for me was the pleasure of entertaining, Lisa (Pomander), Joy (Quarry), Mark (SMM) and June (Ubu) at my new house on Friday evening; which was a mini-house warming get-together with friends and family. ***Mama wanted me to give you all her love, she hopes to see everyone again in the future.
    Now just to clarify, Ubu did not desecrate the french language as much as she implies...but I will forever think of my Djedi as Jedi from now on. Yes June, may the force be with us You know I love you
    I wish I could truly convey the heartfelt joy with which I am fondly remembering everything and everyone, including local members who I met and hope to see on a regular basis, because they are such a pleasure to chat with. It was just "that" wonderful of a time.
    A HUGE thanks to Mark for all his hard work in bringing all the pieces together. Darling, you really outdid yourself. Big hugs and kisses.
    Neil, well he is and has always been such a darling to me and like my special "daddy", you know I love you (who's your little girl) and he is truly the maitre parfumeur of this new millenia. You really all need to experience his creations to understand why this is so true.
    And of course, David. David opened up his glorious home to us on a Sunday morning and welcomed us with open arms, pastries and of course a table set with Neil's glorious masterpieces, talk about a "meal fit for a king". I just adore you David xxxxooo
    Everyone at Neimans, most who I have known since I was very young, was wonderful. They truly treated us as if we were royalty, which we are, and had a spread fit for royalty; cheeses, crudites, shrimp and of course champagne; Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte to be exact, a lovely choice. Ann Fanning was wonderful, as she has always been. Debra (who I have known for most of my life) and Adele on Creed were just too accommodating for words, let it suffice to say "let the decants roll...", truly generous (thanks for the Sublime Vanille). Eddie with Chantecaille was a delight and so pleased to answer questions and have feedback on the three new scents. Andrea, who represented both Nicole Miller and David Yurman was such a delight to chat with and quite down-to-earth without any airs; a wonderful quality to find in a person at a high-end store.
    Fiona at Chanel was heaven on earth, she was not only a wealth of Chanel information, but also one of the sweetest, kindest and lovely people anyone could hope to meet. She even did my make-up, which was a treat since it has been ages since any has touched my face; house restoration does not really merit it. Any and all who visit Boston need to make a pilgrimage to Chanel and chat with Fiona, it will be well worth it.

Most of all though, a huge thanks for all my fellow BNers who helped give me a weekend that will stay in my heart forever. Each one of you left such a magical imprint on me that my heart will feel heavy until we all meet-up again, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later. Even though I know it will be harder to see those from out of the area- Mo, June, Catherine and of course Joy, I will make the effort to try and come visit your neck of the woods also, it was that special of an experience.
    Well, at this point I am rambling on and becoming a bit weepy, so I will say a huge thanks again to everyone who made this weekend so wonderful.
    "May the force be with you"
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you all had a great time! I hope someone will tell us more about Colonial Drug-- what brands/perfumes they carry, are there testers etc? We are hoping to take our daughter to Boston soon (my husband started his 2 weeks of vacation today) and daughter seems to want to wander around Cambridge, exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Sounds like you all had a great time! I hope someone will tell us more about Colonial Drug-- what brands/perfumes they carry, are there testers etc? We are hoping to take our daughter to Boston soon (my husband started his 2 weeks of vacation today) and daughter seems to want to wander around Cambridge, exploring.
    Oh, do let me know when you will be in the area. I would love to meet up with you and of course DD.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

You are very kind, Brielle! We are still floating ideas for day trips for this vacation but I will definitely let you know, if we do decide to drive up to Boston!

Oh, I so wish that I could have been there! The weekend sounds like such a whirlwind of pleasure. Perhaps next year?

sounds wonderful! sorry to have missed it, but eagerly awaiting photos!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

had to go searching for rose tattoo...here's a great description:

http://www.cafleurebon.com/new-fragr...ttoo-giveaway/
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

That's MY article, silly !
    You don't recognize your own ????
    [Just kiddin' ;-0 ]

If you come to Boston, we'll ALL meet up !

Poor Therese
    I hope your tummy is better ...
    I would have LOVED to have you; you have a bed here, any day.

wah! Sorry, chaya...I think your description is fabulous, and enjoyed reading it...now I am lusting to sample this frag...rose is one of my soft spots. Thanks for sharing this in such an engaging way

My pleasure, RT ! ;-)
    I'm only teasing- I hope, gently !

I really thought it was time to bring Neil to the foreground again, you know ?
    Our economy has been rough on everyone :-(

But foremost, it's about raising awareness of 'hidden gems' out there.
    And ALL the more delightful, when we know there is a face- and personal integrity- attached to the jus-
    Not just a huge corporation.

[My hippie-dippie crinoline is showing , huh?
    Where's my mood ring ? ;-0 ]

You are speaking to one who shops at the local bookstore rather than amazon, even if it does mean a few extra dollars, and actually BECAUSE it means a few extra dollars to the family run business that makes the town unique.
    Thanks for peaking my interest now...I imagine that Rose Tattoo would go nicely with my maxi dress

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Ooooo...sounds like it was a wonderful gathering! Ubi I cannot wait to see some PICS!
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

Blog Entries

Like Brielle I also have needed some down time to gather myself before writing about the weekend.
    That will come later today or tomorrow.
    Pictures are easy and here is one from Sunday with Neil Morris.
    In the foreground you will notice the number of sample sprayers, Neil brought out all of his vault fragrances plus six new ones!

I'll be back with a full write-up in a bit.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

SMM--I love the way the photo echoes your profile picture!
    You all look and smell terrific!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/