Code of Conduct

Default L'artisan Fleur D'oranger 2005 value?

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, but I have been a lurking for quite a while, trying to gain the knowledge and the confidence to share anything. I have learned a lot, but am constantly amazed (and often overwhelmed!) by the wealth of information on this website. I never realized that there were so many people who shared such a love of fragrance!

I am still quite a newbie, mainly because I live in an area that does not have many stores that carry niche fragrances, so I am unable to conveniently find many interesting fragrances to sample. However, the other day I lucked out upon finding two brand new bottles of L'Artisan Fleur D'Oranger 2005. I thought that this particular fragrance had sold out long ago, but maybe I am mistaken? I knew that the 2007 was still around, but I was so surprised to find the 2005! Does anyone know what the current market value for this fragrance would be? Would it still be valued at original retail, or under or above that amount? I was hoping to possibly sell one of the bottles to help defray the cost of the other (which I am hoping to keep..unless my husband sees the credit card bill first!) I was wondering what your thoughts might be to it's value. Also, do you think it would be better to sell the new full bottle intact or in decants (if ebay or other websites allow that...I'm not really sure)?

Thanks in advance for any tips! I'm so sorry if this is something that I should not be posting in this particular location, I just wasn't sure which forum (if any) I should use. Thanks again for all of the knowledge and information you share every day!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: L'artisan Fleur D'oranger 2005 value?

Based on auctions I've seen for the 2007, I think it will sell near, at or even slightly above original value. The 2005 cost $250 but the 2007 cost $295, so you might make closer to the $295.

EBay it! Use a reserve price to protect your investment.