Code of Conduct

Default Final thoughts on Creed Original Vetiver

Hey Guys:

Just wrapped up my video on this frag. The vetiver here is very fresh compared to other vetiver like scents like Grey Vetiver or Paul Smith Story. It's a more green soapy vibe.
    I can see a comparison to Mugler, but it certainly isn't that similar. I get more of a Gendarme soapiness myself, especially Gendarme Green. Another Prell shampoo-type scent. It amazes me that people would pay hundreds to smell like shampoo, but I'm glad that I had a chance to sample it, and once again be a part of the Creed experience.

Default Re: Final thoughts on Creed Original Vetiver

I Think it`s a great casual spring/summer scent.

I detect no vetiver in OV at all. To me its an ultra-green fragrance with white musk at the base. The musk gets a bit harsh late in drydown. Overall a nice summer scent.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I detect no vetiver in OV at all. To me its an ultra-green fragrance with white musk at the base. The musk gets a bit harsh late in drydown. Overall a nice summer scent.
    there is certainly very little or no vetiver root oil (sub-nodal parts). there could be a small amount of vetiver blade/leaf oil (aerial parts), but the main star here is a synthetic green/leafy note shared in Mugler cologne. It's not a single synthetic but rather a combo of several. That said, it's a type of synthetic I like, and the citrus, floral, spice, and wood notes all flank this note very nicely thru it's development. One of my spring favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    there is certainly very little or no vetiver root oil (sub-nodal parts). there could be a small amount of vetiver blade/leaf oil (aerial parts), but the main star here is a synthetic green/leafy note shared in Mugler cologne. It's not a single synthetic but rather a combo of several. That said, it's a type of synthetic I like, and the citrus, floral, spice, and wood notes all flank this note very nicely thru it's development. One of my spring favorites.
    Dullah, you are, by far, my favorite reviewer on this website.

not as big of a fan of OV as you are, i find it flat and linear which makes it a tad cloying...

but your breakdown of frags is very informative. thanks and keep it up!

Top notch leafy green vetiver-leaf vetiver...its just instantly refreshing and likeable. The pepper notes in the heart notes combine with the green-vetiver note to conjure a crisp feel.
    -

There is no greener fragrance than Original Vetiver.

I love this scent, even though it's not what I think of as a vetiver fragrance. The vetiver is sort of in the background, but the overall scent is superb, and that's what really matters.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    ...The vetiver is sort of in the background, but the overall scent is superb, and that's what really matters.
    Actually, that's why i like OV so much.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I prefer the 48 myself, the new one is ok but sadly my fav is no longer replicated.

I like this but have problems with it lasting on my skin.....I prefer GIT and Green Valley over OV!!
    Gary