Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Ho Hang by Balenciaga.

Ho Hang. This is one Oriental/Woody fragrance that seems to garner little comment here on the men's board. Not being one to judge a book by it's cover I tried this Balenciaga some time ago, about when it was being discontinued actually. I purchased a few bottles and now glad I did. I quite like it, despite the unusual name, and thought to seek other's opinions.

Default Re: Ho Hang by Balenciaga.

Ho Hang is an old favorite of mine, but one I rarely wear any more. I like its very old school charms.

I've never understood why so many people have labelled this as an oriental. While there may be some vanilla or amber in the base, I can't detect it at all. To me, this smells clearly like an aromatic fougere.

Too bad they discontinued Ho Hang. This was an excellent scent.

AromiErotici

Yea.....I agree about the "classification". It's listed notes SHOULD have Ho Hang transitioning into an oriental, but it comes off as a fougere on my skin as well. The lavender is front and center for most of the ride with cedar and rosewood riding shotgun.

If I could only detect the labdanum in this, I would wear it more often than I do. It still is solid, classic masculine.

I like this, too. I find it to be on the light side, rather restrained and civilized, a gentleman's fragrance. I detect more Oriental elements in it than either Shamu or Aromi, but these are very lightly used, and I agree with them that it wears more like a fougere, or perhaps a borderline Oriental.

I have a very large splash bottle of it, either 400ml or 600ml, which I bought at a steal several years ago.

Ho Hang and Ho Hang Club are both great scents which always seem to garner many compliments when I use them, but I still prefer
    Portos.

Here's another vote for the "aromatic fougere rather than oriental" aspect. I like Ho Hang, it ho-hangs out with its buddies Worth pour Homme and Jil Sander Man Pure (original formulation).
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Ho Hang really makes me think of the '60s. Really something old-school about this one.

The original Chaz by Revlon strikes me as being what many thought Ho Hang would be. That is, it's got a fougere aspect to it, with clear lavender up top, but the drydown has a woody oriental quality that is predominant.