Code of Conduct

Default Clear Caps versus Gold Caps from L'Artisan Parfumeur

I was planning on purchasing a fragrance from L'Artisan Parfumeur and I noticed a difference their caps color. One website had gold colored caps and another had clear caps. I'm wondering if the clear cap is an old design? Perhaps the clear cap is for testers? If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Photographs of the caps below:

Gold cap:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...a_for_Two.html

Clear cap:

http://www.beautyhabit.com/product6083.html

Thanks everyone!

Default Re: Clear Caps versus Gold Caps from L'Artisan Parfumeur

I think the clear caps are the new design (but not for bottles with extra decorative elements, like Nuit de Tubereuse and Al Oudh, and maybe not for the larger-size bottles).* I think it's likely you'd get a clear cap if you order T42 from luckyscent. (Of course you get a better deal atm from beautyhabit because of the 25% off special they're running.)

*I say this because none of my older bottles have the clear caps, and two of my newer ones (one bought online, one in-store) do.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I just ordered a L'Artisan bottle from Beauty Habit last week and it also had a clear cap. Thanks Oprah!

Also, I was talking to a gentleman in Paris and he mentioned that the bottles at the L'Artisan boutique had gold caps. Very peculiar.

Thank you for your reply.

My most recent 50 ml have the clear cap. L'Artisan is pretty random about such things, though. Eau de Navegateur, for example, still seems to be in the old bottles they used years ago. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I didn't notice their caps are clear now! Interesting. I think this is the *third* cap revision for L'Artisan. Thankfully the bottle design has not changed as I quite like it. Can anyone remember if there is an older design than the cap pictured here?

(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Actually, the bottle design has changed: the earlier bottles, like the one in your picture, have 8 sides, the newer ones 7.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

The only one I have with a clear cap is Patchouli Patch (50 ml). Havana Vanille (50 ml) has a gold cap. I figured the clear caps were transitional or something.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

I haven't been able to figure it out either. My Ananas Fizz came with a clear cap but my others have gold. It's actually kind of annoying...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

My Dzing! has a gold cap. IMO, the gold cap looks better. Pigasus, go for the gold!