Code of Conduct

Default Don't buy Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition!

Hey guys:

I got a swap sample pack in the mail yesterday from my buddy/ fellow basenoter Kerosene.
    It included 4 samples: Bulgari Black, Diesel Zero Plus Masculine, Burberry The Beat and also an added bonus. I got this little baggie with a vial inside that said Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition. I did a quick little swap haul vid on Youtube about my samples, thinking little about the matter. However, comments starting rolling in. People wanted to know what
    GIT limited smelled like compared to the original. Well, I ended up doing a comparison vid later in the evening as well. My findings were quite interesting. The Limited Edition smelled familar. I was pretty sure that it was Brut. I know that Kerosene has a strange sense of humor and also keeps a full bottle of Brut in his collection. So it all makes sense to me now. Still waiting for Kerosene to fess up and tell me if this is actually the case.
    Anyway, if it is, then I'm at least glad that my brain was able to sort this out and not go insane and declare this the greatest flanker ever made.

Default Re: Don't buy Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition!

I love GIT Limited Edition!!! It's so good, anyone can make it!
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I love GIT Limited Edition!!! It's so good, anyone can make it!
    Do me a favor. Don't "make" me any samples of Secretions Magnifique. Also, please cancel my
    order for the oriental woody sampler pack.

Was it urine or Brut?

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Do me a favor. Don't "make" me any samples of Secretions Magnifique. Also, please cancel my
    order for the oriental woody sampler pack.
    No more?

Point Blank

This might be the creepiest thread I ever read.

I don't get it.

Me neither.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

OMG! This is so funny!

Aren't the mysteries what make life fun?
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

LMAO!!!

"Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

This is hilarious!!!
    Gary

sounds like it was "Brut-al!"
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

This is awesome. Kerosene, you are hilarious. And Brad, sounds like you are being a good sport. Great thread guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    I don't get it.
    So ,like, this basenoter named Kerosene sends me a vial of Brut, but calls it Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition, expecting everyone to think it's an extremely rare....... Oh...... never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    This is awesome. Kerosene, you are hilarious. And Brad, sounds like you are being a good sport. Great thread guys.
    I'm just glad he didn't use Preferred Stock. I had so much laying around, I pitched some of it. I haven't had Brut in quite awhile, so at least I have one more for the 'drobe.

...it wasnt only Brut....

LOL, you should have given him JR's mom instead. :O

I see a lot of people looking at this thread and saying how they don't "get it". I even got a private message asking for an explanation. I guess if this thread doesn't make sense, you should get on youtube to watch my videos. My site is www.youtube.com/user/bpwool. I did a swap haul video regarding some samples, including a vial of "Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition". I read the comments and was asked to review or compare it with the original GIT. I then did another video about Limited Edition where I came to the conclusion that Kerosene pulled a practical joke on me and the viewers by using Brut as the actual fragrance. Anybody that has watched Kerosene's fragrance channel knows that he is a cedar note short of a woody chypre, or however basenoters call someone looney tunes these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I would have but I used her all up.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

*sprays Kerosene with a mix of AdG and Secretions Magnifiques*

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    *sprays Kerosene with a mix of AdG and Secretions Magnifiques*
    I call that fragrance, "Lonely walks on the beach with a very bored Kerosene"

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I call that fragrance, "Lonely walks on the beach with a very bored Kerosene"
    LWOTBWAVBK

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    They say having your mom immortilized in a fragrance is the sincerest form of flattery.

Too funny :-)

Point Blank

I don't know the background information to this so I'm probably missing the joke.

All I got to say is that if I received and dabbed myself with an unknown substance from an internet contact and only getting cryptic replies with regard to its actual content, I'd be creeped out. I'd probably send the sample to a lab for identification of any potential unsanitary or pathogenic content.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Do me a favor. Don't "make" me any samples of Secretions Magnifique.
    lol, speechless...this is either the post of the month, or the most disgusting post ever.

I'm going with post of the month!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I don't know the background information to this so I'm probably missing the joke.

All I got to say is that if I received and dabbed myself with an unknown substance from an internet contact and only getting cryptic replies with regard to its actual content, I'd be creeped out. I'd probably send the sample to a lab for identification of any potential unsanitary or pathogenic content.
    Im for the most part harmless. And have tons of people that can verify that. I'd never do anything malicious.

Point Blank

There are a lot of fucked up people out there. That's where I'm coming from. I've no opinion about you as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    sounds like it was "Brut-al!"
    That's a good one. LMAO

Brad,
    You are right he has Brut but don't see the GIT Limited Edition, so I believe you guessed it right on. That is just hilarious. I hope you did not pay for your sample of GIT Limited Edition. LOL
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    There are a lot of fucked up people out there. That's where I'm coming from. I've no opinion about you as a person.
    Kerosene is just trying to pull a friend's leg. There is nothing wrong with that. Apparently, Brad knows Kerosene well enough to know he is a practical Joker. A joke between friends is just that. There is something wrong with that. What is wrong is when you cannot laugh at yourself. That is what Brad is doing, sharing a laugh with us.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

It's been quite awhile since I've actually smelled Brut, but I get a definite Brut vibe here. Maybe Kerosene added a bit of something else like Curve or even his dreaded Aqua H2O. In any case, he may take his formulation to the grave. I will add that I feel honored to be one of a select few basenoters deemed worthy of a vial sample. The fact that I was able to discuss this on Youtube is a double bonus. No more empty hits on Youtube when you type "Green Irish Tweed Limited Edition".

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Kerosene is just trying to pull a friend's leg. There is nothing wrong with that. Apparently, Brad knows Kerosene well enough to know he is a practical Joker. A joke between friends is just that. There is something wrong with that. What is wrong is when you cannot laugh at yourself. That is what Brad is doing, sharing a laugh with us.
    I don't get the logical jump from my comment to yours. I said nothing about practical jokes being wrong. And my point had nothing to do with taking yourself seriously or not.