Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir.......OR.......Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli ?

Patchouli Elixir EDP
    Cedarwood, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood,vanilla, tonka, balsam and musk

Eau de Patchouli EDT
    Sandalwood, cedar, tonka, vanilla, labdanum, musk

I am undecided about which one to pull the trigger on. I have sample worn the Elixir and like it very much......however....the Eau de Patchouli has Labdanum which is one of my favorite notes....but I've never tried this one.

Who can give me some feedback before Beautyhabit's coupon sale ends?

Default Re: Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir.......OR.......Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli ?

Hi Aromi,

I was in a similar quandry a while back. I wrote a rather detailed blog piece on the Patchouli trio. As much as I loved and wanted to own the fantastic Elixir flacon, my vote finally went to the EDT.

Here is the link:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/s...q=reminiscence

D.

Default Re: Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir.......OR.......Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli ?

I have their original Patchouli EdT and it's probably my favorite patch fragrance I own. I tested the Elixir and thought it was too similar to the original to justify the higher price tag.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Hi Aromi,

I was in a similar quandry a while back. I wrote a rather detailed blog piece on the Patchouli trio. As much as I loved and wanted to own the fantastic Elixir flacon, my vote finally went to the EDT.

Here is the link:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/s...q=reminiscence

D.
    Thank you Dimi. Very good piece on the trio !!! I haven't tried Patchouli Homme, but I was actually referring to "Eau de Patchouli" which seems to be yet another release apart from these 3.
    http://www.beautyhabit.com/media/18582-300.jpg

This is the one I'm very interested in hearing about since I can find no reviews on it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I have their original Patchouli EdT and it's probably my favorite patch fragrance I own. I tested the Elixir and thought it was too similar to the original to justify the higher price tag.
    Snap! This is precisely what I wrote in my article. I couldnt justify the spend on the Elixir.

Aromi, theyve gone nuts with Patchouli over at Reminiscence, clearly. I havent spritzed that one.

Basenotes Institution

I actually thought the Elixir was better than the Eau de Patchouli. But then again, I like my patchouli very dirty.

AromiErotici

Kevin and Dimi.........Thanks for the input. I love patchouli and labdanum and wish someone could give some feedback on this fragrance. I don't want to "blind" a bottle and find it's anemic.

I'm trying to add to my fall/winter drobe with patch dominant scents. I just picked up Mazzolari and am looking to get a partial of Micallef...( very underrated). My goal is 3 top shelf patch scents and I really like Reminiscence Elixir.....but the Eau de has Labdanum !!!!! I'd get Coromandel if the damn bottles weren't so huge.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I'm trying to add to my fall/winter drobe with patch dominant scents. I just picked up Mazzolari and am looking to get a partial of Micallef...( very underrated). My goal is 3 top shelf patch scents and I really like Reminiscence Elixir.....but the Eau de has Labdanum !!!!! I'd get Coromandel if the damn bottles weren't so huge.
    I share your sentiments on the ridiculously large Chanel Exclusifs bottles. Have you ever tried Re by Laura Tonatto? I highly recommend it, a great patch, that unfortunately seems to be discontinued. The Perfumed Court still sells small decants.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I share your sentiments on the ridiculously large Chanel Exclusifs bottles. Have you ever tried Re by Laura Tonatto? I highly recommend it, a great patch, that unfortunately seems to be discontinued. The Perfumed Court still sells small decants.
    Kevin......I have looked ( unsuccessfully) for a bottle of Re for quite some time. lol. It seems I can periodically find most of the Tonatto line on the bay for good prices except for this one. I have never found a listing for it......but I still search.....

I like Coromandel a little better than Borneo, but it's either a mini or an enormous bottle. Kilian or L'Artisan don't move me that much, but the Reminiscence Elixir augments their patch with other culprits that I happen to like. Annunziata is good, but I have Molinard for a straight patch shot when I need it.

I may just get the Elixir since I know I like that rendition....

never got a chance ot sample this line...

however, since you bring up Coromandel... did you get a chance to sample Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli..? it's my favorite scent for a long time now...

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    never got a chance ot sample this line...

however, since you bring up Coromandel... did you get a chance to sample Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli..? it's my favorite scent for a long time now...
    Hi jen.....I have not had the pleasure of trying HdP, but I have read the reviews and it sounds very interesting. This is one house I plan on sampling once the fall/winter weather arrives. It's hard to keep up with patch scents because there are so many variations on that note. I like patch that is borderline sweet and spicy as opposed to earthy, dirty and pugnacious.

I tried Patchouli Elixir a year or so ago and didn't find it as rich and heady as I was expecting (even by EDP standards). I find most patchouli scents start out very bold but fail keep up the momentum during the drydown. With Patchouli Elixir, I didn't find it particularly long-lasting on my skin. Although an admirable release, an elixir it most definitely isn't...

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I tried Patchouli Elixir a year or so ago and didn't find it as rich and heady as I was expecting (even by EDP standards). I find most patchouli scents start out very bold but fail keep up the momentum during the drydown. With Patchouli Elixir, I didn't find it particularly long-lasting on my skin. Although an admirable release, an elixir it most definitely isn't...
    Treb.....I have that problem with every fragrance....niche or designer....EDP or EDT...nothing lasts on my skin like it does to others. My skin is on the dry side and absorbs everything rather quickly. I spray heavy because of this and most celebrated longevity monsters have only a moderate scent-life on me.

Even the Mazzolari Patch lasts only a 2-3 hours on me with heavy sprays....though the drydown is a skin scent that lasts about 6 hours. I get projection for about 20 minutes with most frags and then it's close to the skin.

The Elixir I find pleasant and more wearable than their other renditions. It's not great....but very good on me. I'm still searching for the perfect patch. lol.

The Elixir I find pleasant and more wearable than their other renditions. It's not great....but very good on me. I'm still searching for the perfect patch. lol.
    That's the most important thing! :-)

Hi jen.....I have not had the pleasure of trying HdP, but I have read the reviews and it sounds very interesting. This is one house I plan on sampling once the fall/winter weather arrives. It's hard to keep up with patch scents because there are so many variations on that note. I like patch that is borderline sweet and spicy as opposed to earthy, dirty and pugnacious.
    IMHO I found Noir Patchouli to be an almost exact replica of Aromatic Elixir EdP. AE is one of my all time, holy grail patch scents. Have you tried it? The first 20 minutes can be brutal if over applied, but its patch note lasts and lasts.

AromiErotici

Well......I pulled the trigger on the Eau de Patchouli rendition that has labdanum. I'll post in this thread when I get to wear it.

I just bought a bottle of the Elixir. I like it quite a bit and find that it lasts 8-9 hours on my skin. Gets me through the work day, anyway. But I do agree with trebor in general. I also find that most patchouli fragrances start out strong but grow weak and don't last that long. Reminiscence Patchouli Homme, which I also own, is like that. I like the way it smells but am disappointed in its performance.

I wanted to test the Eau de Patchouli but the shop didn't have a tester and wouldn't open a new box just to let me try it. But I am pretty happy with the Elixir so far.

I'll be very interested to see what you think, Aromi. I also like labdanum.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I just bought a bottle of the Elixir. I like it quite a bit and find that it lasts 8-9 hours on my skin. Gets me through the work day, anyway. But I do agree with trebor in general. I also find that most patchouli fragrances start out strong but grow weak and don't last that long. Reminiscence Patchouli Homme, which I also own, is like that. I like the way it smells but am disappointed in its performance.

I wanted to test the Eau de Patchouli but the shop didn't have a tester and wouldn't open a new box just to let me try it. But I am pretty happy with the Elixir so far.

I'll be very interested to see what you think, Aromi. I also like labdanum.
    noggs......the Elixir is terrific....and since I know I like it, I just had to try the Eau de version. I have sampled the other patch scents in their line and they are good also.

I'm hoping that the Eau de Patchouli will be similar to Elixir in the drydown. I'll keep you posted..........

AromiErotici

I just received the Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli. It is EVERYTHING I hoped it would be. Deep, cool patch with labdanum and the perfect amount of sweetened spices. I hate to admit it, but it's better than my Mazzolari Patchouli.

Basenotes Institution

Cool Aromi - glad it worked out for you.

Is it 'powdery'?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Cool Aromi - glad it worked out for you.

Is it 'powdery'?
    Thanks Mike. I don't find it powdery at all. It's not far removed from the Elixir with its spicy vanilla drydown. Eau de utilizes a really terrific labdanum in its place.....and I like it better.

Sounds good!

How about strength and longevity compared with Elixir?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Sounds good!

How about strength and longevity compared with Elixir?
    I didn't have any more Elixir left to do a side by side, so I did one with Mazzolari and Eau de Patchouli. The Reminiscence is a little smoother right out of the gate and not as earthy. They both have slightly different but terrific drydowns and both are about the same in projection and longevity.

Hello, Basenoters...I'm new here and have followed the Elixir de Patchouli thread with great interest. My question: where can I find/buy/sniff this perfume? I have Google-searched all references to the perfume but cannot find a supplier. (I'm in Canada.) Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The perfumed Court has samples of the fragrances you are interested in:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...PATCHOULI.aspx

First in Fragrance (Germany) carries the line...
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Wink Re: Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir.......OR.......Reminiscence Eau de Patchouli ?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The perfumed Court has samples of the fragrances you are interested in:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...PATCHOULI.aspx
    Thank you, Hednic. I will contact them and order a sample. My nose is tingling in anticipation!

Fhaoilgeal - Thank you. I'll see if the Elixir Patchouli is as wonderful as I anticipate it to be. I'm about to order a sample from a North American perfume supplier. I look forward to sampling the Elixir. Will it be perfume heaven? I hope so!

Snufflehound,
    I haven't tried Elixir, but I have their Noir de Reminiscence and it's an excellent perfume, patchouli and incense, very smooth. I hope you find your perfume heaven! :-) F.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag