Code of Conduct

Default Hermes Eau Des Merveilles

I just bought this the other week and am loving it, been wearing it lots!! I do wonder about the notes being sort of upside down in it though, I wondered if theres anything similar with the notes the other way round, so that the woody notes that are at the opening of the hermes are at the base?

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be really pleased to hear them.
    Thank you in advance! x

Default Re: Hermes Eau Des Merveilles

I'm not sure about the note structure, but I recently fell in love with Eau des Merveilles, and I think that was in part due to its similarity to an old favorite, Christain Dior's Dune. If you're not familiar with it, you might want to give it a try and see if that's what your going for. I'd recommend you try Dune anyway - it's simply stunning, a masterpiece, and I think anyone who likes Eau des Merveilles just might feel the same way.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 28th July 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Thank you Evangeline.

I love love love Eau Des Merveilles - its so fresh and woody yet beachy and summery. I can see me wearing this lots and lots, as I have been already. I haven't loved anything like this since I found my beloved Coco Mademoiselle. I will certainly try Dune next time I'm out. I will report back what I think.

Good! I'll look forward to it! I really hope you like it - my enthusiasm for Dune knows no boundary, and I love to read others' impressions of it...it's just so strange and glorious.

eta - I was given an almost full bottle of Eau des Merveilles recently (hi cello!) and I'm down to less than half in just about 3 weeks. I reach for it a lot!

I'm like that with Coco Mademoiselle, its my absolute favourite. Eau des merveilles is fast becoming a close second to it, I've used up quite a bit of my little 30ml bottle already Its such a strange and interesting fragrance though.

Can't wait to try Dune, I think I have tried it before a long time ago, so must try again to refresh my memory. I do like Miss Dior Cherie, however I discovered that good old Next do a rather good dupe of it which I now wear and actually prefer!!

This is one that I like to wear.....A Fantastic Fragrance!!!
    Gary