Code of Conduct

Default 15th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PERFUME RECOMMENDATIONS

I'm asking for suggestions for something special for my wife. Price isn't particularly a problem. Lets say up to $500.00 for a single bottle. Can be 12ml of attar or 50ml of EDP or whatever.

What she likes to wear is:

Homage by Amouage
    Tribute by Amouage
    Persephone by Sali Oguri
    Cuir de Lancome
    Shem el Nessim by Grossmith
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Borneo by Serge Lutens
    Tilda Swinton by ETAT
    Last edited by thebeck; 28th July 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: 15th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PERFUME RECOMMENDATIONS

How about Cuir de Russie, Parfum (not from the Exclusifs, which would be EdT) from the Chanel Boutique?

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    How about Cuir de Russie, Parfum (not from the Exclusifs, which would be EdT) from the Chanel Boutique?
    I didn't mention that one. She owns and enjoys a bottle of Cuir de Russie also. Thanks for a good recommendation.

Just a comment. It sounds like your wife prefers rich, complex fragrances. I will give this some thought, but I know there are others here who are much more familiar with this type of fragrance!

And congratulations to the two of you!

fluers de the rose bulgarie by creed, arabian wood by tom ford are some good ones, jas imp eug by creed.

Basenotes Institution

Black Orchid parfum by Tom Ford?

Funny - my 15th wedding anniversary was just a few days ago, and I bought my wife a good fragrance. Here's how I did it: we were on vacation for a few days about two months ago, and one morning I said, "Let's go into Neiman Marcus and look around." We went to the fragrance counter and sniffed a bunch of stuff. Later, back at home, I bought the one she liked the best, and gave it to her on our beach vacation anniversary trip last week. She has good taste: acqua di parma blu mediterraneo mirto di panarea. I like it too.

Congratulations on your 15th Wedding Anniversary

Well, i had mine six months ago!!!!
    I think she will enjoy anything you will gift her!I did ( i was gifted a bottle of my signature perfume)
    Don't forget a bouquet of fresh flowers ,please!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Maybe you ask the ladies here about the Carons, but you might consider calling Paris (Caron, Boutique Montaigne - telephone no. see Caron website) for En Avion Parfum or something similar to have it shipped to your place? It works perfectly fine and comes with nice samples. I figure you want something special.

EDIT: I forgot you have the urn fragrances in New York as well. Works even easier for you then

$500 is a lot for a single bottle, you can definitely just get her one for $100-$200 and buy something else for her with the rest of the money. I'm not familiar with any perfumes that cost up to that, but if you're really looking to get her something that fancy, look into getting her some quality Oud from an Eastern perfume maker, they're also big on musk and ambre so you might find quality ones, though that's probably going to be a blind buy if you live in the west. A good alternative to that is Montale obviously, high quality stuff with a very strong eastern touch. Honestly it's still best to get her something she always wanted or hinted that she clearly wants, ask her for friends/family for example. Just make sure it's something she really wanted not something she was unsure about. This will not only make her happy for the gift but also happy because you remembered.

Congratulations by the way and sorry I couldn't be more specific.
    Last edited by Ekove; 29th July 2010 at 07:06 AM.

Labdanum 18 by Lebao
    Coromandel by Chanel
    Bond no. 9 Signature Perfume by Bond. No 9
    Jubilation XXV by Amouage
    Black Aoud by Montale

Rookies! I just had my 19th. Next year will require some CASH. Big rock will be required for #20!

Has anyone mentioned Infidels by Agonist? (Luckyscent and Aedes sell it.) Not sure if she'd like the bottle as it seems rather cumbersome. I'm new to the world of niche perfume, but I did sample this and it is truly beautiful and luxurious. Dark and earthy, jammy (but not sweet) with some spice. It is sooooo smooth and gorgeous. It does an amazing job of being both a warm and cool. It is perfectly balanced. It is very expensive (it comes in an art glass bottle), but the juice inside reflects the price. If I had the $$, this scent would be mine.

Get her a Clive Christian travel size set just because it has perhaps the most expensive frags in the world. 15 years is a couple lifetimes in the celebrity world. She's earned it.

+1 Coromandel - sounds like a good call. I think Chanel also have Bois des Iles in a Parfum as well as the Cuir de Russie.

Shalimar Parfum?

If you have change after your main item the Hermessences 4 x 15ml sets are fun - Osmanthus Yunnan, Rose Ikebana, Vanille Galante, Ambre Narguille are all worth a look . . .