Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Serge Luten's L'Eau

So I'm going to go against the grain a bit here... I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE. I really do prefer heavier scents but have always craved a fresher scent that wasn't cheap aquatic. To me this is everything I wanted Gendarme and Puro Lino to be as a clean scent - but much better. Its also everything I wanted Silver Musk and Acca Kappa's Musk to be in a clean musk - lighter on the musk than those but still better.

This is going to sound a little strange but this is what L'Eau reminds me of: When pass by someone leaving a pool at the gym... he/she still has damp hair, has been sanitized by swimming in chlorine then showered with a great smelling shampoo.

my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Popgeer; 28th July 2010 at 06:44 PM.

Default Re: Serge Luten's L'Eau

Yep , I was very very pleasantly surprised by L'eau too , I know it gets very little love but think its a great light summer smelly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popgeer View Post
    So I'm going to go against the grain a bit here... I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE. I really do prefer heavier scents but have always craved a fresher scent that wasn't cheap aquatic. To me this is everything I wanted Gendarme and Puro Lino to be as a clean scent - but much better. Its also everything I wanted Silver Musk and Acca Kappa's Musk to be in a clean musk - lighter on the musk than those but still better.

This is going to sound a little strange but this is want it reminds me of: When pass by someone leaving a pool at the gym... he/she still has damp hair, has been sanitized by swimming in chlorine then showered with a great smelling shampoo.

my 2 cents...
    Me too! It is so much better than so many other wanna be fresh scents that are on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

This is going to sound a little strange but this is what L'Eau reminds me of: When pass by someone leaving a pool at the gym... he/she still has damp hair, has been sanitized by swimming in chlorine then showered with a great smelling shampoo.
    How would you compare it to L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme.....?.....I've always found that one to smell of gourmet pool chlorine.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    How would you compare it to L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme.....?.....I've always found that one to smell of gourmet pool chlorine.
    The one the Lutens reminds me of strongly is Nautica White Sail. To me, both have a laundered cotton shirt accord, coupled with citrus. In fact, I bought a mini of White Sail after I first tested the Lutens and felt it confirmed my scent memories (would love someone else to test these side by side).

Got a sample of this with my recent Beautyhabit order. Not a bad scent but projection and longevity are a major problem on me. Nice enough but not worth Luten's price, IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally uninspired and boring IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    The one the Lutens reminds me of strongly is Nautica White Sail. To me, both have a laundered cotton shirt accord, coupled with citrus. In fact, I bought a mini of White Sail after I first tested the Lutens and felt it confirmed my scent memories (would love someone else to test these side by side).
    Since White Sail was the fragrance that started this fragrance journey down this rabbit hole in which we live, I now want to try the Lutens even more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    No chlorine note... was just trying to describe how the scent smells to me. Just gives off that scent of freshly sanitized skin... with a layer of really nice soap on it.

I am very fond of it. Raves from the women in my office. Several have asked "Where can I get it?" Have to say that surprises me, since it goes on pretty subtle and light. I love the fresh ironed linen note, which includes a tiny bit of smokiness, like scorched fabric. It's a cool trick. Really, I wasn't expecting much after it was trashed by basenoters. . . but gee, I like it. To anyone reading this who's at least halfway curious: yes, gve it a try. I think its stature will grow over time.

I have I don't know how many samples at home, but have never felt the urge to give it a full wearing (after sniffing it and having a dislike for fresh scents)... maybe next time we hit the 35 degree treshold...

Post Thanks / Like

Reminded me of White Musk from The Body Shop. Certainly pleasant, but very close to this $20 frag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Reminded me of White Musk from The Body Shop. Certainly pleasant, but very close to this $20 frag.
    Funny you say that... actually when I went to try L'Eau I went to The Body Shop to try the new White Musk Sport so actually had test sprays of White Musk and White Musk Sport on when I tried L'Eau. I don't think they are at all close.... but that could just be my nose. White Musk Sport was a total scrubber for me... just bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great - wonderful stuff . . . makes me every time.

Off-Scenter

...This is going to sound a little strange but this is what L'Eau reminds me of: When pass by someone leaving a pool at the gym... he/she still has damp hair, has been sanitized by swimming in chlorine then showered with a great smelling shampoo. ...
    While I'm not impressed at all by L'Eau, I think Popgeer's description is extremely accurate. If this sounds good to you, you should certainly try L'Eau.

Tried this today... and I get the pool/chlorine/fresh scent (Pantene V shampoo to me) but it just disappeared on me in less than 20 minutes. Even whom I was with couldn't detect it.

I almost bought a bottle blind. I would have made CNN ranting about this one if I had gone through with it.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. It's much better than some have given it credit for. It manages to not smell noxious, while being completely unnatural. For that I give it a big thumbs up.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sample of this somewhere, which I have avoided sniffing on the unspoken principle that Lutens should not be doing fresh scents.

I will probably just get over myself and have a go soon.