Code of Conduct

Default Fans of MPG's Eau Pour le Jeune Homme - a question

This eau "for the young man" was my first Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier scent and is still my favorite. I went through a couple of bottles in the first iteration of their packaging, and am about to spring for another, this time in the newer bottle now circulating.

There's been a lot of discussion on the MPG reformulations and how some scents were eviscerated while others came out with just minor surgical scars. Where does Eau Pour le Jeune Homme stand? Still good as ever? Good but with its appendix missing? Lobotomized?

Many thanks in advance for your opinions,
    J.

Default Re: Fans of MPG's Eau Pour le Jeune Homme - a question

The reformulation is good, perhaps missing a little of of the coriander, a little Sandalwood, and losing a noticable amount of "maitre musk", when compared to the 90ml formula. It also uses a very slightly lower quality neroli, but it's still ridiculously good. The Brazilian Orange topnote is electric in my new 100ml bottles.

Wore this today as my SOTD. I have the reformulation but can't compare it to the original as I've never tried it. I like it a lot but constantly compare it to AdP Colonia Assoluta and can't decide which one I like more.

Basenotes Institution

From what I remember, this one survived the reformulations quite well.

Nonetheless, I think I saw someone selling a vintage bottle of EPLJH on the BN For Sale thread recently. Might want to check that out.

Thanks, guys! Got my bottle recently and am still exploring it for similarities/differences between the old and new. So far so good though - a preliminary mini-wear showed the brilliant orange note still in effect.