Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone feel a difference between new Davidoff Cool Water and the old ones?

Hi,

I have always been a big fan of Davidoff Cool Water since I smelled it when I was a teenager. In fact, Cool Water has been the ONLY fragrance I've been wearing for a good 13 years. However, I feel that the smell of this perfume has changed since a couple of years ago. I still have some bottles of the fragrance from 2001 and it smells much different to one I bought this year (used to smell much more 'classic' imo).

Maybe I'm delusional, but this has been my favourite fragrance and I'm so used to its smell that I can't even stand any other eau de toilette on my skin for a minute.

Has anyone noticed the same?

Cheers,
    Dan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Does anyone feel a difference between new Davidoff Cool Water and the old ones?

I'm glad it's not just me. I remember it used to be much sharper, crisper, brighter. I don't think its nearly as good as it used to be either.

Default Re: Does anyone feel a difference between new Davidoff Cool Water and the old ones?

I could be wrong but I think I clearly smell lavender in the opening of the new CW, and the violet note is not as pronounced anymore, but I am comparing based on my memory which have may faded somewhat over the years But yeah, the new stuff smells different, in fact when I grabbed a sample of the new CW from Sephora and later tried it at home I was almost sure they have given me a wrong frag...

Unfortunately I find it hard to get used to the new smell. True that it still has a lot of similarities to the original Cool Water from a decade ago, but to me, is not the same. I wonder what Davidoff's explanation is regarding modifying this cologne. I've rarely seen companies changing their classic fragrances.
    I don't think its nearly as good as it used to be either.
    Exactly what I feel. It smells too bland and uninspired. I wish I stocked up some bottles a 3 years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyjr View Post
    I wish I stocked up some bottles a 3 years ago.
    I've often thought the same thing.

Cool water....more like pool water.....the kind a kid peed in.....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Yeah, it feels different than it used to. Harsher than of old, for sure, but still pretty good. Shame, though.

The plasticky peppermint dominates the new formulation and all the other notes have been attenuated. Its just a decent frag with extremely mediocre ingredients now..
    -

[deleted post]
    Last edited by danyjr; 20th September 2010 at 10:43 AM.