Code of Conduct

Default Creed longevity...

Hey Folks,

I currently have 6 creeds, and I'm going to rate the longevity on my skin for each one.

1. Virgin Island Water 6-8 hours
    2. Millesime Imperial 2 hours (this stuff use to last a lot longer, the most recent one I bought from the Creed boutique faded extremely fast. It's a shame because I love this stuff)
    3. Himalaya 6-8 hours ( I great great sillage with this one as well)
    4. Original Santal 12-15 hours (a sillage beast)
    5. Green Irish Tweed 4-6 hours ( I never use to care for it, now I think it's one of the best colognes out there)
    6. Erolfa 5-7 hours

I'm getting Silver Mountain Water in the mail tomorrow, I tried a sample this week and it lasted over 8 hours on my skin. It smells like MI, so I will be replacing SMW for the unique yet dissappointing MI. How do yoou folks do with these Creeds I mentioned?

Nick

Default Re: Creed longevity...

Wore SMW for the first time yesterday, and got 9-10 hours out of it.

I just picked up Original Santal and one little spritz on the back of my hand I could smell it all day long more the frag I happened to be wearing. It does have great sillage and longevity. I wouldn't know about any other Creeds though.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

If I lay GIT on pretty heavy, I can come close to 8 hours
    MI, maybe 4-6
    SMW, similar to MI. Maybe a bit longer.
    Haven't really worn the others, but am intrigued by VIW suddenly (and your 6-8 note is encouraging).

StylinLA,

Yeh VIW lasts real well on my skin. It doesn't project like crazy, but it's noticeable from a couple feet away. These days I get the worst longevity out of MI. I don't know if I had a bad batch or an old bottle. Has that happened to anyone before?

Below are Creed fragrance longevity based on the number of times I've worn them (Vintage T - 4x, Windsor - 4x, GIT - 5x, Aventus -5x, MI - 18x, Green Valley - 11x, Selection V - 19x, BdP - 2x, SMW - 3x, Erolfa - 6x). I've owned samples of GIT, Aventus and MI before I bought the bottles and found out that spray applications last longer as you just dab with the samples. MI sample lasted for only 3-4 hours, GIT 6 hours, and Aventus 6 hours. I will have to find out if the same will apply to a future bottle purchase of BdP.
    I only received compliments while wearing Aventus (everytime I wear it), MI (6x), SMW (2x) and VT (2x) although I love all of my Creed fragrances.

Vintage Tabarome (leather atomizer) 13-15 hours; 2 sprays per wear (one in the chest, one in the wrist which is then dabbed with
    other wrist)

Windsor (leather atomizer) 8-10 hours; 3 sprays (one on the chest, one on each wrist which is then dabbed behind the ears)

Green Irish Tweed (bottle) 8 hours; 3 sprays (one on the chest, one on each wrist which is then dabbed behind the ears)

Aventus (bottle) 8 hours; 3 sprays (one on the chest, one on each wrist which is then dabbed behind the ears)

Millesime Imperial (bottle) 7-8 hours; 5 sprays (one on the abdomen, 2 on the chest, 1 on each wrist then dabbed behind the ears)

Green Valley (bottle) 7-8 hours; 5 sprays (one on the abdomen, 2 on the chest, 1 on each wrist then dabbed behind each ear)

Selection Verte (leather atomizer) 5-8 hours - the warmer the weather, the longer it lasts; 6 sprays (2 abdomen, 2 chest, 1 on each
    wrist then dabbed behind the ears)

Bois du Portugal (sample) 5-6 hours; applied on each wrist, chest, abdomen and behind the ears

Silver Mountain Water (sample) 4-5 hours; applied on each wrist, chest, abdomen and behind the ears

Erolfa (sample) 3-4 hours; applied on each wrist, chest, abdomen, and behind the ears

Millesime Imperial is by the worst for longevity with a max of about 3 on average varying from people to people. Green Irish Tweed is slightly better. Erolfa is about average but, MI gets the bad rap because it smells awesome yet has horrid longevity so plenty of people complain.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

BdP gives me 16+ hours and still smells strong.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Notes on my Creed experience:

Acier Aluminum: 16+ hours on skin
    Aventus: 4-6 hours on skin, 8-10 on clothes. 15 minutes of intense pineapple.
    Bois du Portugal: 4-6 hours on skin with the last 2 being very close in, 8-24 on clothes. 10 hours on my gradeschool kid's skin.
    MI: 8 hours on my wife but the last 5 are weak. 2-3 hours on my skin. Anosmia?
    Green Irish Tweed: 4 hours of GIT, 12 hours of ambergris.

I cannot even remotely choose a favorite but I find myself dividing my Creed time largely between Acier Aluminum and Bois du Portugal. The GIT/Aventus and lastly MI largely because proper occasion for it is limited.

for me most colognes burn out, so i just stick to creed since i like how they smell but bdp stays on for hours, same as vintage tabarome.

DeepSilence

GIT and SMW, both of them about 4-5 hours in my skin. SMW was a bit longer.