Code of Conduct

Default Animale Animale Mid dry down smell alike?

Hello,
    I love Animale Animale's mid dry down, but I do not like the bottom notes as much. It is Chocolate, Moss. for mid notes. Is there anything with this as bottom notes? I did search the directory nothing showed up. Any suggestions? Thanks guys for your time!

Default Re: Animale Animale Mid dry down smell alike?

To save you guys some time, I have body kouros, amen, and such. I am really looking for something with that mossy chocolate smell.

Very Irresistible is a coffee/mocha with green woods. Give that a try. I've heard plenty of good things about L'instant de Guerlain. I would check out there EDT & EDP formulation. One of them may have what you seek.

It's kind of hard to understand whether or not you actually own AA, or you are just reading the notes. I own the fragrance and I get a chocolate and vanilla opening with a raspberry truffle accord, into more of a chocolate and mossy middle and base. But with AA I notice this to be basically 3 or 4 key notes -- chocolate, vanilla, moss, raspberry truffle accord, maybe some citrus as well. I don't know of any fragrances that have done what AA has, its rather brilliant. Sort of a gourmand/chypre, I suppose the moss note is what you dislike and what may seem old fashioned to you. I have not tried A*Men or BK, though I'd like to, I can get a general idea as to what they smell like. Both to be very gourmand, while AA is about 75% gourmand.

The base in AA is basically just a more linear version of middle. It's not going to smell as gourmand, but it does remain somewhat chocolaty. Perhaps you should try Lacoste Elegance, though I have not tried it, it's said to have a good chocolate note.