Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel + Deodorant + EDC = most compliments EVER

*This may sound like the American Psycho skin care routine but I assure you it DID happen:

I just received my Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel plus Deodorant stick in the mail today, so I decided to try something different for a change. First, I took a bubblebath and let my body soak underwater for half an hour to soften and prepare the skin. Then, I showered with the Hair and Body Wash Gel using a loofah to gently exfoliate and scent the skin. Next, I massaged the scented gel into my hair using a specially designed scalp massager to gently stimulate the scalp and add a sheen to the hair follicles. After a vigorous towel dry, I generously applied the scented deodorant to my armpits. Finally, I rubbed an unscented moisturizer all over my body and applied exactly 8 spritzes of the Kouros Cologne Sport EDC: 2 to my inner elbows, 2 behind the knees, 1 to the chest, 1 to my shirt, 1 to the back of my neck, and 1 mist in the air which I walked directly through. I got dressed and I drove to the mall.

Upon arriving at the mall, I approached every attractive female I encountered and asked each one if they knew what time it was. Overall, I approached a total of 52 women. With pen and pad in hand, I marked the number of people I met and the number of times I received any recognition on my fragrance. Exactly 33 out of the 52 women I approached gave me some sort of compliment on my scent! Compliments ranged from "oh my God, you smell so good" to "what cologne is that you're wearing? I'm buying it for my boyfriend right now". A group of three young teenage girls even followed me around giggling with excitement after they each commented on how amazing I smelled.

This is not meant to endorse any specific cologne; it is merely to show that through a detailed scent layering routine, you can astonish people with your SOTD using the utmost attention to detail. Cologne is just one piece of the puzzle. If you have the time and want to truly make an impression, I highly recommend the above routine. It's not something I am able to perform often, but it makes me wonder how much potential we as Basenoters are leaving untapped by only focusing on cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel + Deodorant + EDC = most compliments

Wow! That's quite a routine. Aren't you the guy who just has the barber shave your neck every week?

I tried Kouros Cologne Sport only on paper at Sephora, as I had just applied a different fragrance. Now my interest has been sparked to try it on my skin. Back to Sephora tomorrow...
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel + Deodorant + EDC = most compliments

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    *This may sound like the American Psycho skin care routine but I assure you it DID happen:

Upon arriving at the mall, I approached every attractive female I encountered and asked each one if they knew what time it was. Overall, I approached a total of 52 women. With pen and pad in hand, I marked the number of people I met and the number of times I received any recognition on my fragrance. Exactly 33 out of the 52 women I approached gave me some sort of compliment on my scent! Compliments ranged from "oh my God, you smell so good" to "what cologne is that you're wearing? I'm buying it for my boyfriend right now". A group of three young teenage girls even followed me around giggling with excitement after they each commented on how amazing I smelled.
    To truly measure how effective your skin routine was, tell us, out of the 33 women that complimented your scent, how many gave you their phone number?
    Last edited by bbBD; 3rd August 2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: typo

Wow, that's crazy. I like Kouros Cologne Sport, but I don't think it works on me at all. I once tried what you did with the Kouros Cologne Sport shower gel, deo stick, and EdC and it was a disaster. I felt really self conscious and got a few negative comments/nonverbal gestures. One time I did the layering thing before going to the doctor and the nurses seemed to hate it.

I also did the same with M7 and its body products a few years ago and had the same bad outcome. It made me so mad, but I just had to accept that the layering didn't suit me. So with M7, I started using EITHER the shower gel OR the aftershave OR the deo Or the EDT and soon after, the negative reactions disappeared and I got compliments.

It doesn't always work with the layering, though I'm glad it worked for you. Kouros Cologne Sport is a scent that I love in theory, but there's something dirty about it that I makes me feel too weird wearing it. I wish I could encounter someone out of the blue wearing Kouros Cologne Sport without me knowing beforehand what they were wearing to see what my reaction would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm - I never got that reaction from Kouros Cologne Sport. Guess I'll have to try spray some in my hair.

That's one hell of testing technique you have there, you have my respect.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 3rd August 2008 at 11:43 AM.

I wish I could find the M7 shower gel here in the UK. I love combining the deo stick and EDT but the shower gel added to these would be ultimate imo

Next on the to-try list: Kouros Cologne Sport.

Awesome story, seems like the body wash gel and deodorant do matter......
    This is getting more expensive every day....

Post Thanks / Like

What about your business card and the morning excersize, did you do that before or after applying Kouros?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a nice layering procedure..... but to approach 52 women in one day? Didn't you feel drained after all this exercise?

Post Thanks / Like

Next time, do the same spraying technique with Pi and watch them approach you instead lol

Mike, are you pilling up information for statistics or just for the pleasure of coming back to us with info ?
    Last edited by Night; 3rd August 2008 at 04:35 PM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Is Paul Allen still on the Fischer case?

lolz... mike why don't you try this with your favorite perfume house.....(creed) and see what happens (GIT, SMW,MI,BDP...etc)..... Now I must try this Kuros thing again..... last time I tried it at perfumania it stank like incense and weird temple smells... but that was the original one..... or maybe they had a bad tester... anyway I'll try it at sephora soon....
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Post Thanks / Like

I shall conduct the same test next week with the Body Wash/deodorant from Green Irish Tweed and the original Kouros.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    I shall conduct the same test next week with the Body Wash/deodorant from Green Irish Tweed and the original Kouros.
    Yes... I really want to know what happens... and also when you do this try to write the amount of phone numbers you also got.....;-)
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel + Deodorant + EDC = most compliments EVER

patrick bateman is such a dork..haha, i love that movie

on the topic of Kouros cologne sport...i just bought the shower gel, used it one time and decided to immediately purchase the fragrance...it is strange, it has a clean/dirty smell...like sex right after a shower..its musky yet clean...it has that "potty" smell like kouros original, but toned down considerably...its awesome!!! i will see if I have any reactions from my girlfriend who has regularly complimented me on the following frags: MKK by lutens, SMN Musk, Kiehls musk...i think there is a theme here
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kouros Cologne Sport Hair and Body Wash Gel + Deodorant + EDC = most compliments EVER

What a coincidence! I just received my sample of Kouros Sport in the mail yesterday! lol
    I like it. I wore it to work today but no comments yet/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, guys - just for popping up an old samplermike thread. I do miss our greatest Creed fanboy ever. Here's to ya, Mike, wherever you are!

It rubs the lotion on the skin.........
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I am wondering why there are so many banned guys in this topic...
    What on earth did they do wrong on this forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    I am wondering why there are so many banned guys in this topic...
    What on earth did they do wrong on this forum?
    We're generally not supposed to discuss, question, or dwell on moderation decisions. However, there are a lot of new guys wondering about things, so I'll make a couple of brief statements to end the curiosity. This is all I have to say on the subject.

There are actually very few bannings here. It's quite rare. However, the people involved were often highly visible members, in part because such individuals can be very colorful, argumentative, hot-headed, stubborn, or simply very opinionated and unwilling to bite their tongues. These folks may be given options to stay - and they may choose not to accept those conditions. We should not assume that the banned individuals are "forced" out, because that may not actually be the case. They may simply not agree to the terms that the rest of us accept.

There have also been some bannings of shills, impersonators, and "sneak-backs" of people banned by moderators - generally these folks have only a few posts.

You are welcome at any time to discuss these things by PM with the moderators. Although they will respect the privacy of moderation decisions, they can very diplomatically deal with people's concerns.

Most importantly, it is useful to go back and read the rules. Beyond that, my unwritten rule is to treat every noob as you would a mod. Some new folks will be mods, and some older ones actually were mods.

The reason BN is such a great place is good moderation. Respect is the rule of the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow, this is such a good post I'm going to look for an occasion to bump it every day this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    We're generally not supposed to discuss, question, or dwell on moderation decisions. However, there are a lot of new guys wondering about things, so I'll make a couple of brief statements to end the curiosity. This is all I have to say on the subject.

There are actually very few bannings here. It's quite rare. However, the people involved were often highly visible members, in part because such individuals can be very colorful, argumentative, hot-headed, stubborn, or simply very opinionated and unwilling to bite their tongues. These folks may be given options to stay - and they may choose not to accept those conditions. We should not assume that the banned individuals are "forced" out, because that may not actually be the case. They may simply not agree to the terms that the rest of us accept.

There have also been some bannings of shills, impersonators, and "sneak-backs" of people banned by moderators - generally these folks have only a few posts.

You are welcome at any time to discuss these things by PM with the moderators. Although they will respect the privacy of moderation decisions, they can very diplomatically deal with people's concerns.

Most importantly, it is useful to go back and read the rules. Beyond that, my unwritten rule is to treat every noob as you would a mod. Some new folks will be mods, and some older ones actually were mods.

The reason BN is such a great place is good moderation. Respect is the rule of the road.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.