Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Creed Aventus: My final opinion enclosed

I finally received a sample. I started this new thread for those who want to seriously talk about it without pretentious connotations. I do get the immediate blast of pineapple but, its not Dole's. It is not the syrupy sweet pineapple aroma of Doles fruit, it is a high quality pineapple that smells as if it where collected straight from the condensation reaction of sunshine grown pineapples. Not too wet, not too sweet. Much better quality than the pineapple in Bond's Riverside Drive. The pineapple quickly fades into the heart of what seems to be something familiar. It reminds me of a well made Chanel fragrance, perhaps a better version of Allure Sport crossed with Carolina Herrera....something metallic about it. After thinking about it, I know an easy way to describe this fragrance; if you remove the neroli from Creed's Neroli Sauvage and replace it with pineapple and keep the woody base of NS, this is what Aventus smells like....Neroli Sauvage with Neroli removed, pineapple added, and the woody base.

It does smell like a high quality department store fragrance but one that only Creed can make. I'd definately wear this. The question is the price tag. Is a fragrance of this nature worth the hefty price tag?? I will have to ponder on this a bit. I am digging it.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 31st July 2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I finally received a sample. I started this new thread for those who want to seriously talk about it without pretentious connotations. I do get the immediate blast of pineapple but, its not Dole's. It is not the syrupy sweet pineapple aroma of Doles fruit, it is a high quality pineapple that smells as if it where collected straight from the condensation reaction of sunshine grown pineapples. Not too wet, not too sweet. Much better quality than the pineapple in Bond's Riverside Drive. The pineapple quickly fades into the heart of what seems to be something familiar. It reminds me of a well made Chanel fragrance, perhaps a better version of Allure Sport crossed with Carolina Herrera....something metallic about it. After thinking about it, I know an easy way to describe this fragrance; if you remove the neroli from Creed's Neroli Sauvage and replace it with pineapple and keep the woody base of NS, this is what Aventus smells like....Neroli Sauvage with Neroli removed, pineapple added, and the woody base.

It does smell like a high quality department store fragrance but one that only Creed can make. I'd definately wear this. The question is the price tag. Is a fragrance of this nature worth the hefty price tag?? I will have to ponder on this a bit. I am digging it.
    Neroli Sauvage is one of my biggest faves, and a huge compliment-getter, too. I'm OK with the longevity issues when the top is so outrageously good. And - I almost sprang for Neil Morris' pineapple-style scent, Hula, and have regretted not doing so. This may actually work for me. Thanks for the nice description.

This is just such a pleasant fragrance, I am feeling compelled to consider it. Its so fresh and of the "feel good" type.

Now I'm getting something akin to central park by bond in the dry down. This just reminds me of several things throughout it's phases. However, I've yet to comment on longevity and sillage. While its not the best at either, it appears to be decent. Its hard to tell by just putting a drop on my hand but I imagine if it were sprayed 2-3 times, it should be no problem to last a while.

I said it in my (very early) review - this is by far the best pineapple note I have experienced in a fragrance, and I have tried them all. Those who find it fake, crap, metallic, etc..well too bad for you, but this is the current best-in-class. Just like how Creed created the best plum note currently on the market in Acqua Fiorentina, they do the same with pineapple here.

As for the rest of the fragrance, I find no similarities to Neroli Sauvage's heart or basenotes at all. The ambergris-dominant millesime base is quite prominent in NS, while only shades of it exist in Aventus. The heartnotes are totally different..without the floral neroli and a bit of petitgrain, there is little left in the heart notes of NS...but Aventus has dry smoky birch and a bit of softness in the form of rose.
    -

I thought this was nice, the pineapple does smell good, but nothing I would pay the price for, and I especially don't like that it's above their normal prices, makes me wonder if all releases after this will be at this price point. I will probably get a bottle of this if I come across it cheap though. I wonder why it doesn't come in a flacon like all their other fragrances do???

I'll say straight up that I'm not someone who really wants to walk down the street smelling of pineapple. I didn't want to do it when it was L'Artisan's Ananas Fizz that could be the issue (didn't like the stuff and still don't), but when Scentologist, DoubleZed, and RP are turning over the stuff with some appreciation (and I got several very complimentary remarks on Neroli Sauvage before trading my bottle for MPG's Baime which I like much much better), I know I'll make a point of trying out Aventus.

Because I like pineapple for eating and not necessarily for smelling of I might not like the product though. I'm glad for a new thread and new chance at a look at it though, because I don't want my probable dislike dismissed at haterism. For the chance to think anew on the stuff, I'm thankful for my Basenotes fellow nose appreciators.

Edit: Oh and I didn't intend to leave Philmcphe off my respected list.
    Last edited by DustB; 31st July 2010 at 08:08 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I'll say straight up that I'm not someone who really wants to walk down the street smelling of pineapple. I didn't want to do it when it was L'Artisan's Ananas Fizz that could be the issue (didn't like the stuff and still don't), but when Scentologist, DoubleZed, and RP are turning over the stuff with some appreciation (and I got several very complimentary remarks on Neroli Sauvage before trading my bottle for MPG's Baime which I like much much better), I know I'll make a point of trying out Aventus.

Because I like pineapple for eating and not necessarily for smelling of I might not like the product though. I'm glad for a new thread and new chance at a look at it though, because I don't want my probable dislike dismissed at haterism. For the chance to think anew on the stuff, I'm thankful for my Basenotes fellow nose appreciators.

I'm on your respected list? I'm flattered :-D

I finally received a sample. I started this new thread for those who want to seriously talk about it without pretentious connotations. I do get the immediate blast of pineapple but, its not Dole's. The pineapple quickly fades into the heart of what seems to be something familiar.

Those were my thoughts exactly. After the topnotes fade -This is familiar. What immediately came to mind, although different was Lancome 'Hypnose' and Acqua De Parma Intensa.

Ok Gents, this is the next morning. Last night I applied another dab onto my hand. This time, I got more of the apple in the top note than the pineapple. I can agree with ZZ in his assessments. Perhaps what I found similar to Neroli Sauvage was the woods and ambergris in the dry down but that is where the association stops. I swear, each time I put this on, I detect different nuances. As Neal says, there is some quite familiar about this. If I stick my nose to my hand, I can get faint but, decent whiffs this morning. Still something familiar. Channels Allure Cologne Sport (which is akin to NS) dry down my come close. Who knows. It will take a better nose to figure this one out and relay whats happening here. Its like a frickin chameleon! lol

I have yet to decide about its worth. I think $280 for the 4 oz is pushing it. As ZZ noted, its the best pineapple I've experienced in a fragrance which fades quickly to leave you with a fresh, familiar smell. Longevity is average. Its not a powerhouse but not fickle either. To me, it is more wearable than VIW because I can't do coconut in a fragrance and in this, I can agree with DUSTB about not wanting to smell like a fruit. The difference is, the pineapple is in the front which quickly fades. In VIW, it fades to leave the coconut. Aventus is another good smelling, whispy, familiar fragrance that one could use to get a fresh fix on. Me? I'm left wanting to throw on my Epic, Anteus, or some Equipage today but perhaps I'll go for broke, flop my balls out, and dump half of that Aventus bial down my chest lol. We shall see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I said it in my (very early) review - this is by far the best pineapple note I have experienced in a fragrance, and I have tried them all. . .

As for the rest of the fragrance, I find no similarities to Neroli Sauvage's heart or basenotes at all. The ambergris-dominant millesime base is quite prominent in NS, while only shades of it exist in Aventus. The heartnotes are totally different..without the floral neroli and a bit of petitgrain, there is little left in the heart notes of NS...but Aventus has dry smoky birch and a bit of softness in the form of rose.
    The smoky birch is what I found to be the most dominant note. The pineapply phase is lovely and fleeting - really, not a bad thing. I echo the opinions of many BNers - not too keen on broadcasting pineapple sillage - but a quick blast for personal enjoyment sets the stage well for all that follows. I can see elements of Neroli Sauvage in there too. That's not a bad thing either, since Neroli Sauvage is one my all-time favorites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    I wonder why it doesn't come in a flacon like all their other fragrances do???

AND it's just $370 for 8.4 oz. - which works out cheaper than many designers on the split. Available online at www creedboutique.com right now. If I *really* dug this, that's how I'd probably do it.

The flacon looks pretty yummy, doesn't it? I can almost hear the reviewer's words - "chill and deploy quickly"!

Default Re: Creed Aventus: My judgement enclosed

Well, I did apply the sample generously and went to the gym to test it under body heat conditions. My final opinion is that while its not offensive, its also not very satisfying. While I admit to the quality ingredients, as per Creed, for my personal taste, I don't like pineapple in a fragrance and will have to submit to being more like DustB in that regard. In addition, I found that what little wafts I was getting under incredible heat conditions, I found it to be annoying and glad it didn't project more than it did. On the surface, it is a fresh, pleasant summer cologne. In my opinion, it get annoying, doesn't project, and is not worth the price. While I personally don't find it FBW, I do appreciate it but will pass the torch to those that it can satisfy. I'm not trying to bash it, its just not for me. I truly hope others can enjoy it.

Final thought: Hey, I gave it a go and tried. It has that Romance Silver dry down and by comparison, I'd rather wear silver. Yes, my comparisons have been all over the place but again, the familiarity of Aventus strikes up a lot of nostalgia.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 31st July 2010 at 08:03 PM.

Just tried this at NM and they gave me 2 samples to take home. I get a much smokier scent and whatever pineapple that was there did not come through for me. In fact this is a smoky clean soap type scent for me. They really are pushing it and I really enjoy it. I can see this being an everyday work scent.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 14th September 2010 at 03:15 AM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Is it only aviable in USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Is it only aviable in USA?
    No. It's not like Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I said it in my (very early) review - this is by far the best pineapple note I have experienced in a fragrance, and I have tried them all. Those who find it fake, crap, metallic, etc..well too bad for you, but this is the current best-in-class. Just like how Creed created the best plum note currently on the market in Acqua Fiorentina, they do the same with pineapple here.

i wish i could smell the rose and the vanilla. i just smell patchouli , birch and oakmoss.

I actually was not incredibly fond of this upon first wearing, but after coming to the end of 2ml sample I've actually decided this is one of my favorite Creed's believe it or not. I wear a lot of fragrances just for myself and end up getting told I smell like an old man a lot of the time as a result (I'm only 21), but I feel like this one is a beautiful fragrance that many around me can enjoy as well. The pineapple smells very dark and brooding on my skin, very masculine in every way, yet smelling gorgeous the whole time. Masculine and even somewhat authoritative while staying far from "old man smell" (as my friends and family would say) on the right person is how I feel about.

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    I actually was not incredibly fond of this upon first wearing, but after coming to the end of 2ml sample I've actually decided this is one of my favorite Creed's believe it or not. I wear a lot of fragrances just for myself and end up getting told I smell like an old man a lot of the time as a result (I'm only 21), but I feel like this one is a beautiful fragrance that many around me can enjoy as well. The pineapple smells very dark and brooding on my skin, very masculine in every way, yet smelling gorgeous the whole time. Masculine and even somewhat authoritative while staying far from "old man smell" (as my friends and family would say) on the right person is how I feel about.
    Just saw your signature -

Does Aventus come in a 17oz size? Creedboutique just shows the 8.4oz as their biggest size.

"While its not offensive, its also not very satisfying..."

This. Maybe the Neiman Marcus in Canoga Park has a different Aventus? I tried this twice, and gave it a full wearing today. All I get is citrus to start. It's definitely "pleasant" citrus, don't get me wrong, but I don't get much out of this. I hardly get any drydown, as well...certainly not anything close to the deep, robust ambergris drydown typical of SMW and MI.

There's actually a pretty good deal on Aventus in the classifieds n a 4.2oz flask ;-)

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...08#post1885508

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post

I feel the same way! I just think some notes don't fit the "you should smell like this" catagory. The funny thing is the girl that I had with me at the time of spraying this at Neiman's smelt it on me and very quickly said "why spray the scent of pineapple on yourself to walk around and smell like it". IMO there are some fragrances that do smell nice but not to wear.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

I get the pineapple, but more of a dark apple peel note that smells like dense wood. Doesnt smell like the tropical pineapple at all.

Here's a review if anyones interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DA9yI-UL0c
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

The appointment cards at the office are now 8 days past being sprayed and they still carry the scent quite strongly. Aventus oughta be pretty decent to add to a letter to the sweetie.....remember those things, the ones that needed postage and a trip outside the house to the mailbox?

Like Kerosene, I get more apple over pineapple for the first while....say 2-3 hours or so.

Someone know when Parfumsraffy.com will start selling this fragrance?

I finally tried this today, only a brief wrist sampling. I don't get any pineapple at all, or it may be a variation I've never smelt. Topnotes are dominated by the bergamot, blackcurrant & apples, which mixed all together smells like a zesty orange. Then it gets a bit woody, dries down to the oakmess and then a musky vanilla.

To my nose, it smells like a sweet fruity metallic orange scent. It shares similarities with Boss In Motion by Hugo Boss. It does have a designer/traditional mens cologne vibe about it.

I was impressed when I first tried it. It smells better than what I was expecting from reading the reviews. Though, I can't say if I like it or not. It seems like one of those scents you might like at first but find dull after a while. Or find boring at first but grow to like. Though I personally enjoy this more than VIW & Original Santal. It probably the best Creed in the mens/unisex regular lineup since Original Vetiver.

I think I need to test it out a few times to make a final judgement. I'll be considering a 10ml decant for sure.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 24th September 2010 at 11:31 AM.

i didn't get the strong pineapple note that everyone else is getting ...

i basically got the oakmoss and birch at first which smelled almost identical to Ralph Lauren Purple Label/Ralph Lauren Romance Silver - except Aventus was slightly more lush probably because of the fruity pineapple playing somewhere in there. It also reminded me of the scent they pump into Martin + Osa stores. Aventus does it much better than the aforementioned definitely.

the ending of the scent left me with a very powdery, patchouli, barbershop smell, like a very faint Rive Gauche.

no doubt this is a very nicely made, complex scent that has great sillage, but i don't think it's totally original enough for me to justify spending the big bucks and forgetting Purple Label/Silver Romance smell almost like it.

I was at Neimans the other day and sampled on cards a whole bunch of stuff. I ended up choosing Bulgari Man, The One Gentleman, and Aventus to test on my arms.

I totally missed the pineapple note, so I think I gotta sample it again. But Aventus for the most part set the other two scents I tried apart. I think it's classically done, I caught a lot of a soapy rose smell to it in the middle notes.

But the base is what started me obsessing. I'm addicted to chypre bases, and the oakmoss and patchouli got me going in this one, it smelled light, but on me lasted long for a Creed fragrance.

I agree with sbbbjm, the overall effect smelled like a faint Rive Gauche, but without any intent to be overt anywhere in the scent. Not like RG's patchouli, where it's borderline sweaty smelling.

I have Rive Gauche EdT and Intense. Do I need Aventus?? I wish it wasn't done so well.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I clearly have a strong pineapple note in the beginning, some apple as well. As said here, I also think this is the finest pineapple I ve smellt so far, loved it. As a matter of fact ╠ absolutely love the top notes. They do fade too quick though in my opinion, and allthoug the dry down is pleasant it s not half as good. It's still one of the best creed for me so far, since I have never been that convinced by the brand despite having tested quite extensively almost all of them. I always respected the fragrances but eventually usually did not find them bottle worthy, save for Acier Aluminium, often because of longevity and/or projection issues.

Aventus dry down makes me think a lot to other millesime drydowns, say the one of millesime imperial for instance. To my nose there is a similar base allthough I prefer Aventus one. I m on the edge of buying it just for its top notes, and will definitely go at least for a 10 ml decant as someone mentioned here as well if I find a good way to get one. Nice fragrance, I really wished the dry down was less common (and almost boring..) after such amazing top notes.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du dÚsert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I am about to pull my sample back out and give it another try since it has been some time. I just want to make sure that I still feel the same way, or not.

My sample vial was filled from the Creed concession at Selfridges in London from a Creed rep.

I've worn it several times and can honestly say this is one of the most under-whelming releases of the year. You smell like a pineapple for a while - though quite why anyone would want to want to smell like a pineapple FFS is beyond me - and then it kind of disappears into a frankly boring nothingness of a drydown.

I would really like to love this, but honestly I just can't. What is the fuss about? After the work that went into creating the opening, what the hell were Creed think of thereafter? Was it some kind of boardroom "Oh Jeez, our customers just LOVE smelling like pineapples, let's give them that experience, just in case they don't gave a pineapple experience to validate their lives, but after that we'll give them a non-descript dull drydown that they will worship because it's CREED. By the way, have we sourced enough unlikely royalty and Dukes for the back-story yet? No? Well find some!!!"
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    By the way, have we sourced enough unlikely royalty and Dukes for the back-story yet? No? Well find some!!!"
    I'm waiting for Creed Revolution - the new scent dedicated to Czar Nicholas and the last days of the Russian Monarchy. The perfume that wakes you up in the middle of the night with an overwhelming urge not to be taken to the basement.

Just testing this on a card and have only really got through the top notes so far, so more thoughts will be forthcoming, but does anyone get a similarity to RL Purple Label in the top? They're both fruity up top, although the fruits are a bit different, but I'm getting a huge dose of the same synthetic something in each.

So far, I like Aventus, but it seems a bit "un-Creed." I'm trying not to judge it yet though as it's still so early.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Just testing this on a card and have only really got through the top notes so far, so more thoughts will be forthcoming, but does anyone get a similarity to RL Purple Label in the top? They're both fruity up top, although the fruits are a bit different, but I'm getting a huge dose of the same synthetic something in each.

So far, I like Aventus, but it seems a bit "un-Creed." I'm trying not to judge it yet though as it's still so early.
    I can see where you draw similarities with PL but ultimately do think they are completely different. There is always something familiar about it but in the end, its not close enough to one thing that I can make a statement about it. Also, similarities or not, the quality of Aventus is unrivaled. I totally didn't like this fragrance since summer and I finally got it. It is class is a bottle.

---edit: need to reevaluate---
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I'm waiting for Creed Revolution - the new scent dedicated to Czar Nicholas and the last days of the Russian Monarchy. The perfume that wakes you up in the middle of the night with an overwhelming urge not to be taken to the basement.
    Love this.
    - Expect the unexpected

How is the longevity and projection? Is it max 2 hours like rest of the fresh/light creeds?

How is the longevity and projection? Is it max 2 hours like rest of the fresh/light creeds?
    I get 6-8 hours easy.

Controversial questions, Oslo. It plays peekaboo on me. Sometimes it's strong, sometimes I just don't smell it. I do enjoy the scent quite a bit; if it was 2X stronger in the drydown it would be heavenly. However, it's at purgatory strength I've had people 3 metres away enthusiastically compliment me on it, all the while I couldn't smell it. Yet there have been times I could still smell it 12 hours later...weird.
    Last edited by adonis; 7th December 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Controversial questions, Oslo. It plays peekaboo on me. Sometimes it's strong, sometimes I just don't smell it. I do enjoy the scent quite a bit; if it was 2X stronger in the drydown it would be heavenly. However, it's at purgatory strength I've had people 3 metres away enthusiastically compliment me on it, all the while I couldn't smell it. Yet there have been times I could still smell it 12 hours later...weird.
    I have the same situation with Aventus in that sometimes I smell the base and sometimes disappears. But, I believe that it is still there and other people can smell it. This white musks+ambergris+vanilla base is a very light combination to begin with. They use this base when they want to put a lighter than air silvery powder coated ozonic finish to whatever the primary notes are in a fragrance (pineapple/green apple) so it ends with some magic. This white musk over vanilla is a hard combination to actually smell as a distinct note, I think. But the fragrance is still there whether we can smell it or not.

Aventus is one of the longest lasting fragrances I own, most potent fragrances I own. Its so potent it does cause noise fatigue and you get used to it, that’s why most say it last for an hour or two…

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    Aventus is one of the longest lasting fragrances I own, most potent fragrances I own. Its so potent it does cause noise fatigue and you get used to it, that’s why most say it last for an hour or two…
    I think this is a reasonable statement. Lets not forget that a fragrance that you constantly notice is said not to work with your chemistry. In other words, if you become anosmic, it is working for you. This is just a theory I read on here a long time ago. I wouldn't want to constantly recognize my fragrance as that would be irritating throughout the long day.

i think if anyone puts more than 3 sprays of Aventus on, they are gassing everyone out of the room, whether they realize it or not. trust me from (an embarrassing) experience on this one, when I used 3 sprays, and stopped discussion in a room full of people commenting how how strong my cologne was. Horrifying. I hate being "that guy".

from now on, 1 spray, maybe 2. reapply ONCE with one spray after about 4 hours if desired.
    Last edited by GECKO; 7th December 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88 View Post
    i think if anyone puts more than 3 sprays of Aventus on, they are gassing everyone out of the room, whether they realize it or not. trust me from (an embarrassing) experience on this one, when I used 3 sprays.

from now on, 1 spray, maybe 2. reapply ONCE with one spray after about 4 hours if desired.
    This is also sound advice. I had applied one spray to the chest and when I went to an informal meeting, everyone was commenting how good I smelled. I couldn't really detect it, perhaps modestly. The power is there but it doesn't need to kill the wearer to be effective!

I liked it very much at first, the dry-down did not agree with me. I smelt it on a shirt collar from the day before and really turned me off to the scent. I wore it again the next day and had to wash it off.

It smells like Himalaya + fruit and smoke. I still like smelling it on a card.

I've concluded that Aventus smells great from my sprayer but on my skin, the fruits and vanilla base are the most pronounced notes, and it ends up smelling like a creamsicle. I don't think it's a bad scent, it just doesn't work on my skin.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th December 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko88 View Post
    i think if anyone puts more than 3 sprays of Aventus on, they are gassing everyone out of the room, whether they realize it or not. trust me from (an embarrassing) experience on this one, when I used 3 sprays, and stopped discussion in a room full of people commenting how how strong my cologne was. Horrifying. I hate being "that guy".

I applied 1 spray to the middle of my neck this morning @ around 6:20am. I could still smell it on me @ around 1:00pm, although slightly...then it faded. Lasted almost 7 hours on my skin today. One spray is enough for me. The Creed sprayers are beasts & put out alot of juice.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I've concluded that Aventus smells great from my sprayer but on my skin, the fruits and vanilla base are the most pronounced notes, and it ends up smelling like a creamsicle. I don't think it's a bad scent, it just doesn't work on my skin.
    Thats strange, as I get no vanilla from this at all and as far as gourmands, to me, it smells nothing of the sort.

Thats strange, as I get no vanilla from this at all and as far as gourmands, to me, it smells nothing of the sort.
    Same here. The vanilla is so subtle to me it's pretty much not even there. I definitely don't get any gourmand feeling from Aventus at all.

I just finally took the plunge and bought the 1 oz. bottle of Aventus. My first few wearings grew on me slowly. I'm not a huge Creed fan, but there are a few scents that they do very well. Aventus somehow just struck me as bottle worthy finally and I bought it. There is a pinapple top note, but it is very dry; not too fruity. It just gives a sparkle to the rest of the fruity top note accord. There is definitely fruit, but it is so affected by the birch of the middle notes that the fruit is on the dry side. The floral heart is fresh and oddly complex. The base is rather gentle, and the least interesting part of the scent to me, but still very nice. The longevity seems mild, but I have heard that it is stronger, and longer lasting than it seems, so I'll have to test that and see.

The funny thing is that I got more compliments on this scent wearing it the day I purchased it than I have ever received on any fragrance I've ever worn. I even went into a coffee house to get a cup of tea, and someone said, "Oh my god what is that scent? That's the most wonderful scent I've ever smelled." She smelled all her friends and kept saying, "no, that's not it. It's a kind of clean man's fragrance. It's so amazing." I knew it must be me, since I was the only one who she hadn't sniffed yet... I just smiled and left. So I guess all the posts claiming it's a great compliment getter, were not exaggerating.

The more I test Aventus, the more I view it as "Concentre d'Ananas Verte", as both Hermes Concentre D'Orange Verte and Aventus share similar basic structures....with differing fruits and sweeteners.......the tart fruits up top, the overall light presence, and a dry base of synthetic oakmoss and patchouli and very light unisex floral notes, with some sweetness at the bottom end (aventus sweetness from isobutavan and vanilla, and the Hermes sweetness from Coumarin)....but the sour/tart/fruity----to----light/masculine/moss/patch......both seem to share a similar underlying character.

Default Re: Creed Aventus: My final opinion enclosed

this is what Aventus smells like....Neroli Sauvage with Neroli removed, pineapple added, and the woody base.
    Huh, I must have missed this thread when you first posted.

I think your comparison is exactly right! I don't know how this didn't occur to me. Both become surprisingly dry, woody and mossy as they develop, with that sparkling flair on top. I really like NS, and I think I give Aventus the edge just for longevity.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I just finally took the plunge and bought the 1 oz. bottle of Aventus. My first few wearings grew on me slowly. I'm not a huge Creed fan, but there are a few scents that they do very well. Aventus somehow just struck me as bottle worthy finally and I bought it. There is a pinapple top note, but it is very dry; not too fruity. It just gives a sparkle to the rest of the fruity top note accord. There is definitely fruit, but it is so affected by the birch of the middle notes that the fruit is on the dry side. The floral heart is fresh and oddly complex. The base is rather gentle, and the least interesting part of the scent to me, but still very nice. The longevity seems mild, but I have heard that it is stronger, and longer lasting than it seems, so I'll have to test that and see.

The funny thing is that I got more compliments on this scent wearing it the day I purchased it than I have ever received on any fragrance I've ever worn. I even went into a coffee house to get a cup of tea, and someone said, "Oh my god what is that scent? That's the most wonderful scent I've ever smelled." She smelled all her friends and kept saying, "no, that's not it. It's a kind of clean man's fragrance. It's so amazing." I knew it must be me, since I was the only one who she hadn't sniffed yet... I just smiled and left. So I guess all the posts claiming it's a great compliment getter, were not exaggerating.
    The day you purchased Aventus, how many sprays and where did you apply that day? How long had it been since u had applied aventus when you walked into the coffee shop?

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    The day you purchased Aventus, how many sprays and where did you apply that day? How long had it been since u had applied aventus when you walked into the coffee shop?
    I sprayed one spray to my shirt at the store from the tester. It was 30 minutes before I went into the coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCheese21 View Post
    Same here. The vanilla is so subtle to me it's pretty much not even there. I definitely don't get any gourmand feeling from Aventus at all.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCheese21 View Post
    Smell the cap from your bottle a week after you applied last, and the "cake frosting vanilla" is there, fairly strongly to me, I might add. On skin though the vanilla/isobutavan is very light and faint.

I agree with you.

NS - neroli + pineapple + birch = Aventus

When A dries down, it's almost identical to NS

I was contemplating the same thing so I walked into a store and grabbed Aventus, then applied 3 full sprays to my arm at 5:20PM. That night I went out and pretty much passed out without having shower (I know!), I could still smell it on my arm at nearly midday, ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    When A dries down, it's almost identical to NS
    Not for me.

I got a sample recently and tried out Aventus. It has a nice opening blast, but after 30 minutes for me I could barely smell it. I know some people have commented that it can have this olfactory fatigue effect, but I never personally experienced such a thing. I will try several more times to see if this always happens, but I am quite disappointed that I couldn't smell it after the opening.