Code of Conduct

Default Bvlgari Pour Homme, - Extreme & Soir

Hi guys,

Anyone that have tasted either, i would really like your oppinion on the difference between those 3.

I am have been adviced to check one of them out for ages, but its hard to come across a tester where i live, so i really need some solid recommendations, and most importent significant differences between those. What is their forces and weakness. Too cloying?, gone in 10 minutes? etc.

Thx in advance.

Default Re: Bvlgari Pour Homme, - Extreme & Soir

I only own Soir, but i really like it, it's a nice lemony musky scent, i'd be comfortable wearing it to work or when wearing a suit. I'd recommend it, but have not tried the others so it would be an unfair recommendation, sorry!

Most sensual -- Soir
    Most quiet -- Bvlgari pour Homme
    Most lively -- Extreme

Soir lasts longest out of the 3, then Extreme and the original. I could catch a whiff of the original when I move. Extreme's grapefruit note is strong in the first 2 hours, then becomes quiet and needs a body heat to pop up.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

i have both pour homme and extreme versions for long but i couldnt reach a final decision about which one i love more...ph version is a very subtle, close to skin type of scent and smells like a gift from heaven, it has a very natural and transparent smell which u can never get enough of.but its weakness, although some claim it s not like that, is its sillage. and it s quite difficult to find the deodorant to support sillage and longevity..

about extreme i have more mixed feelings..some days i say "this s great, no need to own pour homme version, this s just the same scent with a much better sillage and longevity and some grapefruit note" but another day i say "this is simply unbalanced comparing with ph version, too much grapefruit, needlessly tuned up scent"...

i dont have "soir" but i tested it several times and decided that it s too boring and (some may disagree but) metallic for me.

i think i confused u even more but thiat s the reality for me

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

All 3 share some similarities in the tea note but wears differently.

Bulgari PH Extreme - sharp & spiky - I find it tiresome after a while
    Bulgari PH Soir - softer, sweeter, rounder - I find it a little dull, insipid even.
    Bulgari PH - smooth, deceptively subdued - I find it elegant & charming.

All 3 lasts an average of 5-7 hours on my skin. Of the 3, I favor the original PH (obviously). It is undoubtedly the most balanced. But it all boils down to personal preferences. Happy sniffing!

Blog Entries

Pour Homme for me too. I found the other two a bit cloying, especially Soir. However, I personally prefer fragrances that wear closer to the skin, so take that for what it's worth.

I only have Soir. I haven't worn it much. If you need a black tea frag, that would be a good one to add to your collection. Also, minis are available online.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    All 3 share some similarities in the tea note but wears differently.

Bulgari PH Extreme - sharp & spiky - I find it tiresome after a while
    Bulgari PH Soir - softer, sweeter, rounder - I find it a little dull, insipid even.
    Bulgari PH - smooth, deceptively subdued - I find it elegant & charming.

All 3 lasts an average of 5-7 hours on my skin. Of the 3, I favor the original PH (obviously). It is undoubtedly the most balanced. But it all boils down to personal preferences. Happy sniffing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    Pour Homme for me too. I found the other two a bit cloying, especially Soir. However, I personally prefer fragrances that wear closer to the skin, so take that for what it's worth.
    I agree with these gents, in that my preference is also the original.

At one point in my "Bvlgari phase", I acquired all 3 because despite the common player (Tea), they were different enough, and were not surplus of one another. However, like some of these guys, I found the Extreme's sharp grapefruit note to overstay its introduction.

The Soir, like floral milky tea (forgive my poor description), was pleasant but boring to me after just a few months.

The original, I feel is one of the better "skin" scents available. Versatile, inoffensive, contemporary and quite classy actually.

I think you'll find the Original to be the quietest among the 3, but its "stealth" longevity can fool, I found out! It stays on well longer than I initially figured.

Have fun testing.

Original : it's very clean, very inoffensive (don't overapply, though), for me it smells like the best fabric softener ever. On my skin it lasts very long and it does project even if it's very subtle.
    Extreme : I smelled it just once, if I well remember it smells like the top notes of the original but stronger and more longlasting, with a kinda strong grapefruit. More "fresh" than the original, and probably more projection as well.
    Soir : in my opinion, the most elegant and romantic of the 3, but it's not totally as subtle.

If you need a versatile fragrance and don't want to project too much, I would recommend you the original. If you need a bit more projection, you should try the Extreme version. If you want something a bit more sensual, Soir would be my choice.
    It's all about your taste because I think they're all worthy, but if you really can't sniff them before, the original is the safest choice for a blind buy/sample I guess.

Thanks for your respones, some of you really nailed it (at least in my opinion)

Bvlgari Pour Homme - This is the most relaxed, easy wearing.

Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme - there is a note in there that i really dislike. It could be kinda spiky "out there" I reckon its some grapefruit?

Bvlgari Soir - More evening, romantic.

I need some more testing, but right now im considering buying both Soir and Pour Homme Cause what i like, is that both of them is for every time, and every season

More feedbacks would be highly appriciated!

Thank you for starting this thread.Last week i received Bvlgari PH and tried it the day it came and was disappointed because i thought it smelled EXACTLY like extreme (which i already own).After reading this i sprayed extreme on one wrist and PH on the other and i was surprised at the difference!!I definitely like the PH better.Extreme smells like lightning bug guts (No lightning bugs were harmed during this comparison!!) and PH smells less sharp.I could use it daily where with extreme only once in a while.

Bvlgari PH and Extreme dont excite me like Soir does. I never get tired of it. One of my favorites.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I think BPH Soir is a great achievement for a flanker scent, it's clearly my favorite.

i found the original to be too soapy and boring after a while.

Soir is one of the most deceptive one in terms of sillage and one of the best experiences of wearing a scent. Thumbs up on this one.

extreme - pass.

For me, extreme is actually my most complimented fragrance by females possibly due to my skin chemistry, i get a very fresh and sweet aroma and on mem i get A LOT of grapefruit with a hint of green tea and musk. It smells really nice imo, i get wiffs of it. The original isn't much to me, Soir is pretty ncie too tho

Soir remainds me a forest after a stormy night, mixed with original PH

Everybody here has described the 3 frags. I have the extreme and soir. The extreme is a stronger, longer lasting version of the original pour homme. Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme, is one of my favorites frags. Very versatile. Any weather, any occasion. Very bright, very lively, fun and elegant at the same time - this will surely satisfy you to the extreme!. This one will forever be in my wardrobe.

Soir is very powdery, more of a dress up frag. It's like Bvlgai Pour Homme mixed with Black by Bvlgari. hahahaha smoky!! For me, more of a cold weather perfume. Soir is okay and you won't be sorry if you get it without trying.

But I would recommend Extreme.