Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Deo Spray, or Deo Stick?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deodorant Spray =D

14 26.92%
  • Deodorant Stick ;D

38 73.08%

Talking Deodorant Spray, or Deodorant Stick?

Im about to buy the 1 Million Shower gel, and either the Spray or Stick Deodorant, which do you think is better any why?

It may sound like a stupid question but i haven't had a Deo Stick since i was a kid so im not sure if it's worth getting over a Spray, and these things aren't cheap so i want to make the right choice here!

Any input is much appreciated, TA!

Default Re: Deodorant Spray, or Deodorant Stick?

I prefer the spray. The best I've used is Mandarina Duck Man deodorant spray. It works well with any fragrance you wear, is fresh, and unique. It will last a very long time because it never comes in contact with your skin so there are no bacteria introduced.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Last edited by Descartes; 29th January 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Sur la Plage

I personally would not buy either. I would opt for an inexpensive, unscented deodorant/anti-perspirant.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I would buy the stick; it's what I've always used.

Stick.
    In the past I used stick and EdT of the same scent. Now I use neutral deo stick.

Personally I don't feel sprays "do the job" for me, I'm not sure if I'm applying them incorrectly to be honest. Overall, an unscented stick is the way to go. Honestly the only item worth buying with a perfume is the scented lotion/cream, sadly they release those for very few men fragrances. They're great if layered with the scent to give them that extra longevity. The rest of the things are ridiculously over-priced, don't add anything to the perfume strength or staying power, and most importantly they usually don't do their supposed job as good as your average drugstore showergel or deodorant.

Not to be a big downer, I Can still understand the urge to buy those things for your favorite perfume even if they're not worth the price. But as I said, the only thing worth buying is the lotion. 1 Million has an after-shave lotion, not sure if that's the same as an average lotion, however it's probably worth looking into over the deodorant and shower gel.

I have always used a spray.
    I find sticks to greasy.

I like the deo stick better.
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

I use Tom's of Maine roll-on oversprayed with Right Guard unscented anti-perspirant for Women (works for men to). Never let me down.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 31st July 2010 at 09:42 PM.

I use Right Guard Fresh, and have done for the last year or so.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Unscented roll-on deo/anti perspirant.

if i had to choose it would be spray,
    i only use antiperspirant spray + fragrance, but in past ive used some Axe
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

If you like a fine scented deo, take the stick, it will last much longer!

Out of the stick, you get the better longevity.
    If you┤re the sillage-type, grab the spray.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally would not buy either. I would opt for an inexpensive, unscented deodorant/anti-perspirant.
    +1

I use Mitchum Unscented Power Gel Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    +1

I use Mitchum Unscented Power Gel Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant
    This is what I use when the matching is not available or I don't want to layer.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I searched high and low because most deodorants irritated my skin, and finally found the best (at least for me): Ban unscented roll-on.

I switched to spray, as I found that the stick anti-perspirant would leave a film on my shirts, and eventually discolor them. Not to mention the white junk on your underarms. I can't wear the plain deodorants because they burn my skin, badly.

I now use unscented Sure anti-perspirant, so I get no competition with whatever scent I choose to wear. Works well.

Agree with the unscented stick approach.

I use Arm & Hammer Unscented Solid. Works brilliantly and lasts a full 24 hours.

I find that the designer deodorants don't last long enough for me to wear.

Mitchum Unscented Power Gel Anti-Perspirant

i have to weigh in on this. nobody at work would discuss this but i have an opinion id like to share. straight deoderant turns to stink as soon as my body starts to sweat. then the fragrance smells twisted. anti-perspirant/deoderant (the white kind, not the clear) actually stops me from sweating 90% or so. and the sweat that does get out doesnt stink like its been mixed with a rotten fragrance, it smells like the antiperspirant! i can always tell if a guy wears deoderant or antiperspirant. guys who wear straight deoderants smell like sweat. guys who wear anti smell like the scent in it. ive found the axe antiperspirant/deoderants are the best. i wont buy a clear or see through stick- they just dont work. and thats how it is here in cowpatty land.

I agree straight deodorant doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by josephga View Post
    I agree straight deodorant doesn't work
    i wonder why people buy it instead of antiperspirant? they gotta realize that its not working shortly into their day...i realize it immediatly. maybe im just sensitive to smells.

Any UK people mind saying where they managed to find a Mitchum unscented roll on or stick? All I ever seem to find anywhere is the scented kind. I bought some Triple Dry today to replace my Dove Men Care one (that stuff is dire, don't bother with it), but since I see Mitchum come up time and time again, I'm interested in giving it a try.

Iv tried pretty much every brand. the 3 I found to work best are Mitchum unscented gel antiperspirant , Ban invisible unscented sold antiperspirant, and sure unscented invisible solid antiperspirant, The only scented one i liked was old spice red zone swagger scent antiperspirant

I used to use Mitchum unscented roll on until I realised that's what was causing my itchy armpits! Powerful stuff. I now use Boots own unscented sensitive roll on. Much cheaper and very effective. You can get Mitchum at Boots @Smeghead!

Just noticed you're in Notts too Smeghead! LOL! Small world and all...