Code of Conduct

Default Bought Kouros yesterday: Opinions.

Hello BNers, I have been a known Kouros making-fun-of enthusiast for years. Ever since my first tester strip encounters in 2006-2007 early cologne collecting era I have been put off by its urinal cake nature.

However, since then I have gotten very much bored with 90 percent of colognes and decided I needed something more daring, more unique,...something with balls-- I so bought a bottle of Kouros.

I wore it and at first spray instantly the linoleum cleaner/urinal cake phenomena hit me and I was taken back to the days of my being a young airman cleaning latrines as punishment. Afterwards, I could smell the tonka bean, vanilla, and sweetness (no honey, though) which complimented the bitter woods and civet; this juxtaposition, I suppose is what makes it a fougere.

Its important to note that my initial experience back in the day, when I though it was canned pee, was biased and that the pee is overexxagerated and only really is true on a tester strip. However, along with the mythical pee peeness being dispelled, so was the idea that this is Logan/Wolverine in a bottle. In contrary, this is a lot more tame. Actually, there is a elegance to Kouros that rarely gets praise or noted in reviews. For example, when I asked my little sister (20 years old) what she though of my new cologne I was poised for a reaction equivalent to Shirlee Temple witnessing a meth'd out biker gang fight in a pit of rusty syringes and broken glass, but instead, she responded simply, "thats nice, it smells like babypowder." BABY POWDER? Not Kouros!?!

......While it does have an elegant nature pronounced by sweet powdery accords, this does not mean it was NOT a masculine scent. However, rather than it being the smell of uber-macho grizzled, feral power, I found it to be masculine more to the effect of a healthy and virile young man; one athletic and full of youthful vigor and energy...slightly human smelling ...llike one who just returned from a match of soccer or wrestling--and winning.

Well thats it.
    Last edited by Pappy; 31st July 2010 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: Bought Kouros yesterday: Opinions.

I loved Kouros back in the 80's, along with most Calvin Klein fragrances. Kouros is still very popular, you can smell it on many people down at my local pub (and Acqua di Gio by Armani my nose picks up), but nowdays to be honest I think because I used it too much in the 80's, I can't stand it. I suppose I associate it with teenagers and under age drinking, as I was in my teens when it came out.

Welcome to the dark side!

I still haven't reached that dark side yet where Kouros and his sinister friends are partying.

But I'm still walking the road of fragrance, and just like you, I think Monsieur Kouros will cross my path someday...

I find it too animalic. It's that simple. I've tried to dilute it, but the animalic quality can't be diluted without essentially diluting the frag to the point that you can hardly smell anything.

It has a brutally intense civet opening that I assert is what many people base their hatred on. But, the touch of dirty does remain throughout the wearing. It walks a line between "clean" and "dirty" a lot better than many frags.

I enjoy it. Don't wear it a lot, but I'll always have a bottle.

I also find that it doesn't last as long as most people make it out to.

Yeah, I want my frags to last at least a week, and Kouros just doesn't cut it. LOL. Seriously, it must be a frag that is very dependent upon skin chemistry.

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I LOOOOOOOOVE Kouros, but any more than one single spray in the middle of the chest is too much.

The first time I saw my college boyfriend, he strolled into the cafeteria with some classic Levis, a white T shirt, a black leather jacket, a twinkle in his eye, a wicked smile and a tattoo on his shoulder that said "licentious". He was coming to meet his roommate, the friend that I was sitting with. He introduced himself and sat down and I caught the scent of KOUROS on his skin. He had just come from a long ride on his bike (motor, not bicycle) and I could smell the sun on his shoulders. The combination of the the Kouros, the sun and wind and his skin was all I needed to fall completely head over heels in love. Often when we rode on the bike together, I would smell that smell on his neck as I held on and hugged him. It is beyond delicious. It's the perfect combination of wild and tame, outlaw and upstanding citizen, street smart and book smart--in one bottle!!

^^^^ That's quite an endorsement

Sur la Plage

It's a classic, and one that I will always have in my wardrobe. I personally do not find it to be the "animal" or "beast" that others make it out to be. But I guess some could consider it to be that compared to the plethora of fresh/aquatic/light fragrances on the market.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Kouros! Grrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It has a brutally intense civet opening that I assert is what many people base their hatred on.
    This best describes my experience. I can hang with the urinal cake aspect no problem, but the animalic element grosses me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    I found it to be masculine more to the effect of a healthy and virile young man; one athletic and full of youthful vigor and energy...slightly human smelling ...llike one who just returned from a match of soccer or wrestling--and winning.
    Love this description, and I agree completely - fresh, masculine, earthy, but hardly uncivilized. The "brutally intense" opening (which even I, a Kouros worshipper, admit can be Too Much at times) fades rather fast - after that it's all woods, incense, fresh sweat, citrus, and spice, blended and composed in a way that is wholly unlike any other fragrance out there. The controversial "animalic" aspect of Kouros is a creamy, slightly sweet, very musky (and according to some, fecal) essence that is olfactory catnip when sprayed in moderation and nearly intolerable when not. Kouros is also better sniffed from a distance; one of those "aura" fragrances whose sillage smells more attractive than the skin where it's been applied. It's a fascinating scent, and simply not for every taste (or every kind of skin chemistry).

DeepSilence

It was unpredictable for me. Sometimes it was sweet, sometimes strong, sometimes i felt fresh...

I feel pretty much the same way as Joe.

Kouros doesn't strike me as being especially animalic or macho or powerful or persistent. I've always thought this fragrance got a bum rap and too many people, surprisingly including Basenoters, have been afraid to give it a fair chance.

I suppose Kouros must seem rather strange to relatively inexperienced people familiar only with light, fresh fragrances, but Kouros is far more representative of the last 100 years of great perfumery than is any aquatic fragrance. Kouros is complex, rich and sophisticated, an abstract artistic composition very different from the simple, comparatively thin, often one dimensional fragrances popular today. Perhaps it is out of favor with people who want to smell like a cucumber or a melon or a fig or a cedar plank or a cup of tea, and prefer scents which only flirt around the boundary of being real perfumes. But for someone who wishes to enter the world of classic, deep perfumes, Kouros offers many rewards.

noggs

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally do not find it to be the "animal" or "beast" that others make it out to be. But I guess some could consider it to be that compared to the plethora of fresh/aquatic/light fragrances on the market.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Kouros carefully chooses its friends...........
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

It has a brutally intense civet opening that I assert is what many people base their hatred on. But, the touch of dirty does remain throughout the wearing. It walks a line between "clean" and "dirty" a lot better than many frags.

I enjoy it. Don't wear it a lot, but I'll always have a bottle.
    same for me...

I too wore it extensively in the 80s and cannot bring myself to wear it today. I just don't like it, there are so many better fragrances out there.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I also find that it doesn't last as long as most people make it out to.
    My sympathy is with you on that. It lasts for 10+ hours on my skin, and it ACTUALLY projects through that time if I don't take a shower.

It also has the most barbarous, daring and unique opening notes unlike most colognes on the market which when sprayed, cries "hold my hands because I'm a mamby-pamby-shamby little girl", in an attempt to please everyone in the world.

It's one of the most manliest scents, and it's on my top 3 fragrances. If you're looking for a "gentleman" scent, or a crowd-pleasing scent, stay really far away from Kouros. It has enough fans anyways. :-)

Congratulations, Pappy, for finally seeing the light!

Nothing to be ashamed about being a former Kouros basher. I can't tell you how many frags I used to despise, but now actually love. Examples? Joop Homme, A*Men. Sometimes it takes years to get into an appropriately open state of mind to appreciate a certain scent.

By the way I do consider Kouros a beast, and have since the day I first started wearing it in the early 90s. That's why I love it so much.

I'm 23, by the way, can I wear this stuff and pull it off as sexy and not old manish? I personally don't think it smells old-manish or dated but many others say it does so I'm just asking for opinions.

I'm 23, by the way, can I wear this stuff and pull it off as sexy and not old manish? I personally don't think it smells old-manish or dated but many others say it does so I'm just asking for opinions.
    To me, that depends on you. If you come from it's "old mannish," then you manifest that. I would think at your age, very few people in your peer group are familiar with it, and if you get the dose right, you'll stand out in a good way. (See Jitterbug's post above). There is always the possibility that the alpha males in your peer group will poke at you about it, especially if you seemed concerned it's too "old" of a scent. It won't necessarily be universally loved by women either. But the ones that like it will really like it.

I don't mean to be "profiling" you, but the guys your age I run into headed for the clubs here in Los Angeles tend to be very trigger happy with their scents. Not saying they shouldn't or judging them. If I were 23 here, I'm sure I'd be doused in Le Male or A*Men headed for the Sunset Strip too. But Kouros will get really, really loud and obnoxious if you hit it real hard.

To me, Kouros is a classic and more "unique" than it is "dated."
    Last edited by StylinLA; 1st August 2010 at 08:38 PM.

I have read all the reports and opinions on Kouros. I have come to the conclusion a very long time ago that many of the reviews here are too personal. I know they should be,but in my opinion many go way overboard.The beauty of this hobby is that it is universally understood that body chemistry plays an important role in the way fragrances are judged. That being said, I ordered a sample for Kouros from TPC and received it last Thursday. Friday evening after a full day at work I dabbed a bit close to my ears on my chest and my arms. The first place I stopped was a convenience store. Went it got what I wanted and the cashier says ,Sir you smell good. Because I wanted to be sure I asked her age, she said 23. All night I could see the looks as I passed different people in different places as the sillage got to them. As soon as I returned home I ordered me a large bottle. To me it a great cologne,it's selling record proves it. I am not going to try attempt making a mountain out of a molehill. Quite simply it smells great.
    I have bought several scents that literally have been panned by many here and found them to be the exact opposite. My suggestion is, take most reviews with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by loveisintheair View Post
    I have read all the reports and opinions on Kouros. I have come to the conclusion a very long time ago that many of the reviews here are too personal. I know they should be,but in my opinion many go way overboard.The beauty of this hobby is that it is universally understood that body chemistry plays an important role in the way fragrances are judged. That being said, I ordered a sample for Kouros from TPC and received it last Thursday. Friday evening after a full day at work I dabbed a bit close to my ears on my chest and my arms. The first place I stopped was a convenience store. Went it got what I wanted and the cashier says ,Sir you smell good. Because I wanted to be sure I asked her age, she said 23. All night I could see the looks as I passed different people in different places as the sillage got to them. As soon as I returned home I ordered me a large bottle. To me it a great cologne,it's selling record proves it. I am not going to try attempt making a mountain out of a molehill. Quite simply it smells great.
    I have bought several scents that literally have been panned by many here and found them to be the exact opposite. My suggestion is, take most reviews with a grain of salt.
    Great story!! and good point too.
    Kouros is not for me, yet...........

Kouros was the first fragrance that I ever owned, back when I was 16 years of age. I figure if I could pull it off as a teenager, I can definitely pull it off now.
    And whoever made the urinal cake association has obviously done this fragrance a colossal disservice. What a load of rubbish!
    Kouros is, and will always be, one of the modern classics.

I wore Kouros in my 20s exclusively; never having any negative associations and always recieved compliments from friends and strangers (on the street!)--with heavy application.
    It is too animalic for me to be able to pull off now and I simply didn't find the proper setting/occasion/mood for wearing it and so I
    don't own it any longer. I'm seriously trying to limit the size of my wardrobe (a big joke...) so I don't want to have the bottle sitting there just because it's a classic masterpiece. However, I do consider it an absolute masterpiece and will always praise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    'm 23, by the way, can I wear this stuff and pull it off as sexy and not old manish? I personally don't think it smells old-manish or dated but many others say it does so I'm just asking for opinions.
    Nothing about Kouros seems "old-mannish" to me - quite the opposite, it has a youthful vigor and virility, with a fresh and almost sporty edge. I suppose its overt muskiness and spices may strike some noses as "from another era", but I personally think the more leathery, bitter, lavender-heavy fougéres like Azzaro and Paco Rabanne, or the greener, woodier, barbershop stylings of Brut, Polo, Rive Gauche and Fahrenheit smell more stereotypically "old-school" than Kouros, which just strikes me as singular and timeless. It's really an anomaly in the aromatic fougére category.

For the first 3 hours or so I find it too overpowering. Then after 3 or 4 hours I start to really like it. Just stay away from other people for 3 or 4 hours after putting it on and you'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Kouros carefully chooses its friends...........
    Well said! I got some for Mr cathodera yesterday. On him it smells really good, sort of at once incense-adjacent and fresh and green.

He also gets the nostalgia bonus - he can wear Kouros and look fondly back on his 80s-era youth, the hair bands, ugly sweaters, and, as Craig put it, being a teenager and underage drinking.

On me, it's just incens-y, and has no vanilla, which is a big plus these days, since diabetes has a way of slurping up the most innocuous vanilla note and projectile vomiting it back out as one of those gourmand-wannabe personal care products designed to make people smell like cake.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

I too find it surprisingly tame and well-behaved.

Strong, yes, but also clean, stark and very alive. It's a scent that smells fresh without trying to smell fresh. Or a fresh scent that's trying it's very hardest to be a bad boy, but is only nominally succeeding. I also place Azzaro PH in this category, though it doesn't smell similar at all.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I have grown to enjoy kouros very much and wear it fairly regularly but it is not what I would call a safe fragrance to wear or one that works on everyone. I don't really get an animalic civet feel from it or pee or poo or whatever. There is the fresh top that some interpret as the 'urinal cake accord' and then something warm lurking underneath mingling with a slight honeyed sweetness but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly else is going on there. I'm a bit worried that those around me think I smell like a stinkpot but just try to wear it confidently because I like it.

And longevity is pretty amazing. I wore two sprays earlier this week and it was still going strong 14 hours later.
    She gets a special cologne. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldspice View Post
    I have grown to enjoy kouros very much and wear it fairly regularly but it is not what I would call a safe fragrance to wear or one that works on everyone. I don't really get an animalic civet feel from it or pee or poo or whatever. There is the fresh top that some interpret as the 'urinal cake accord' and then something warm lurking underneath mingling with a slight honeyed sweetness but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly else is going on there. I'm a bit worried that those around me think I smell like a stinkpot but just try to wear it confidently because I like it.

And longevity is pretty amazing. I wore two sprays earlier this week and it was still going strong 14 hours later.
    It is my favorite cologne by far and I have tried quite a few of the more popular scents on here. Always remember to never give Kouros more than one spray on your chest. If you do that, you will be universally loved

Blog Entries

There arent many fragrances i flat out HATE, but Kouros is on that list. I smelled it totally ignorant of reviews and it was a urinal cake bomb. Looked it up and sure enough, alot of people said the same. Gives me a nauseated headache, cant stand that stuff

Never has there been a cologne that divided sides quite like this one. I just hope they keep making this fantastic juice. It's almost magical on a hot summer night.

My opinion is that you did a wonderful thing.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    There arent many fragrances i flat out HATE, but Kouros is on that list. I smelled it totally ignorant of reviews and it was a urinal cake bomb. Looked it up and sure enough, alot of people said the same. Gives me a nauseated headache, cant stand that stuff
    Now Nuerosis, you say you "smelled" it. So that sounds like a quick spray in a store. Or did you truly get a sample and wear it?

I will admit it. I'm a secret lover of Kouros as well. The civet just turns creamy on me after thirty minutes.

My wife though, absolutely hates it. A friend of mine keeps a bottle in his restroom. So one day while visiting I sprayed some on my wrist with the permission of my friend to test it on my wife. My wife's hazel eyes just widened and her nose wrinkled.

"Good God, that smells like worn panties. Do /not/ wear that unless you want me to think you've been cheating on me. Blegh!"

Maybe I should wear it on our anniversary?
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    I will admit it. I'm a secret lover of Kouros as well. The civet just turns creamy on me after thirty minutes.

My wife though, absolutely hates it. A friend of mine keeps a bottle in his restroom. So one day while visiting I sprayed some on my wrist with the permission of my friend to test it on my wife. My wife's hazel eyes just widened and her nose wrinkled.

"Good God, that smells like worn panties. Do /not/ wear that unless you want me to think you've been cheating on me. Blegh!"

I'm thinking no.

It is am amusing scent to discuss for sure. I am clear that many people have tried to hang in with it and can't.

I'm thinking no.

It is am amusing scent to discuss for sure. I am clear that many people have tried to hang in with it and can't.
    It is strange. My wife actually likes Mouchoir de Monsieur. But one day as we were sitting on the couch she did mention, "You know, it does kind of have a turd note to it. Hm." I guess you can't please everybody.

One fragrance that she likes and I just can't wear is Habit Rouge. It gives me a headache to high heaven. Which is strange because my wife's signature is Shalimar. And I can sniff that until the end of time.

She also hates Paco Rabanne pour homme, which to me has many similarities to Kouros sans civet. She says it smells raunchy. To me, it smells like irish spring soap.

I wonder if there is something in it that maybe putting her off.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post

heh, give it a try for your anniversary

Kouros smells like a very, very cheap after shave you can buy at the supermarket. Reminds me of something Gillette could have made..

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    Always remember to never give Kouros more than one spray on your chest. If you do that, you will be universally loved
    This is the key to liking Kouros!

I hate to be critical, but I point this out every time this topic comes up.

Kouros CANNOT smell simultaneously like a urinal cake AND pee pee smell.

The two are mutually exclusive.
    People do not put urinal cakes in urinals to make the urinals smell of urine. They're put them there for the exact opposite reason.

I didn't like Kouros much when I first used it - but it was the middle of winter. When I wore it in the middle of summer, it was a totally different story.
    Regards,
    Renato

Welcome to the K-Club! I too have the same experience - initially hated it then bought it on a whim and have grown to love it. In fact, I posted my experience in this thread. Enjoy!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/234...aking+the+piss
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Welcome to the winning team.
    John aka Easykiller

Maybe I should wear it on our anniversary?[/QUOTE]
    John aka Easykiller

I wear it behind my knees and on my feet when I wear shorts and sandals out on weekends...the heat does wonder to this fragrance and the reason i put it low on my body is that it will travel i.e. on me its a sillage monster...putting it on my feet and knees makes it waft up less potent than if it was on my chest or arms...i find some colognes are like that, they smell too strong right up close, but from far away smell great...i really dig kouros and kouros cologne sport, but like certain wines, it may be an acquired taste because i certainly did not like it the first time i tried it.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I hate to be critical, but I point this out every time this topic comes up.

Kouros CANNOT smell simultaneously like a urinal cake AND pee pee smell.

The two are mutually exclusive.
    People do not put urinal cakes in urinals to make the urinals smell of urine. They're put them there for the exact opposite reason.

I didn't like Kouros much when I first used it - but it was the middle of winter. When I wore it in the middle of summer, it was a totally different story.
    Regards,
    Renato
    haha, love it, but i respectfully disagree...i travel on the road alot and use gas station bathrooms...sometimes the stench of urine is overpowering, but you get wafts of urinal cakes trying to combat the urinal smell...so you have both at the same time but i dont get urinal cake with this frag, but i see how the honey makes it smell of urine...also i occasionally get a fecal note with this one?
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I'm not getting near the sillage/longevity that this thing has in its mythical legends. I really have grown to like it, but suprisingly I can't get kouros to last on me. Amen's legendry sillage/longeviiy....on other other hand... is a different story.

Kouros is actually one of the first fragrances I wore in my teenage years.
    I'm talking about a 15 year old wearing kouros.
    I remember owning all the natuica, calvin klien etc fragrances, but I would always sneak into my dads cupboard and spray some Kouros like a guilty little pleasure, and run!
    It was just so darn unique and bold.
    I could not resist
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

"[/QUOTE].... if you get the dose right, you'll stand out in a good way. (See Jitterbug's post above). There is always the possibility that the alpha males in your peer group will poke at you about it.... It won't necessarily be universally loved by women either. But the ones that like it will really like it.

I don't mean to be "profiling" you, but the guys your age I run into headed for the clubs here in Los Angeles tend to be very trigger happy with their scents. Not saying they shouldn't or judging them. If I were 23 here, I'm sure I'd be doused in Le Male or A*Men headed for the Sunset Strip too. But Kouros will get really, really loud and obnoxious if you hit it real hard.

To me, Kouros is a classic and more "unique" than it is "dated."[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!!! It's one of those fragrances that "stands out" BECAUSE it takes risks; and when heated up, either with the sun or the right body chemistry, it's magic.
    I will admit that I've always been the kind of woman who doesn't "follow the crowd", which is why, when I met my college boyfriend and he was wearing it, he stood out. It was different, it was dangerous, it was totally unique.
    Last edited by Jitterbug Perfume Lover; 16th August 2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: incorrect quote

fountain

[QUOTE=Texican;1898585]I will admit it. I'm a secret lover of Kouros as well. The civet just turns creamy on me after thirty minutes.

i think you mean kouros, not body kouros, right? i love both, by the way..........

Blog Entries

I was poised for a reaction equivalent to Shirlee Temple witnessing a meth'd out biker gang fight in a pit of rusty syringes and broken glass

that honestly might be the greatest analogy i've ever heard.

Guys I'm loving the Kouros personally. Its a nice warm comforting scent. The animal warmth is relaxing for me and the composition is so well balanced and crafted that I have come to deeply appreciate it.

However, I'm disappointed and dismayed by its legendary sillage and logevity on me. After several months of experience with it now I have yet to get a single compliment or even comment after HEAVY (7-8 spray wearings in 80-95 degree weather) wearings. I have even asked if I have worn too much cologne during these civet exhibitions and was responded with puzzled faces remarking "you wore cologne tonight?" To be fair, some of these people were drenched in some sort of Paris Hilton and may not have noticed do to scent masking or olfactory fatigue, but it was a little upsetting.

Not to say that I don't enjoy this scent. I love it. However, I can't believe that something with such a monumental sillage/longevity resume isn't projecting on me (to my knowledge).

Considering that even one spray of the "light" Kouros ( Fraicheur ) has people around me commenting, you've got me curious about what's happening on your skin, for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Considering that even one spray of the "light" Kouros ( Fraicheur ) has people around me commenting, you've got me curious about what's happening on your skin, for sure...
    I know....right?

Why don't you spray it on your friend, co-worker, or someone close and smell it off the person later during the day. I'm planning to try this with my Body Kouros and GIT as I'm not sure anymore if it's my skin or the frag that's the problem.

After several months of experience with it now I have yet to get a single compliment or even comment after HEAVY (7-8 spray wearings in 80-95 degree weather) wearings.
    Holy cow! Is it possible to wear 7-8 sprays of Kouros and live? Whenever I've tried to wear Kouros it always wears me. Earlier this week I had a business meeting with a multi-millionaire entrepreneur. I wore Bois du Portugal. He wore Kouros.

I'm on the verge... Kouros is haunting me lately... i figure i'll get it someday, the problem is that it doesn't get mucho love among the people spend my time. I usually don't care if a frag is loved by everyone or not, in fact, I love all those "love or hate" colognes. The problem is that almost everyone over here say is a too strong/outdated/what is that? fragance. I like its smell. Ok, i reckon it's not what you smell nowadays... Habit Rouge neither is anyway. I feel it on my skin similar to Antaeus but stronger. And lasts more than anything i've used before, even A*Men.

Great fragance... but i don't know if i'm charismatic enough to give it a proper use!