Code of Conduct

Default Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College vs Shave Shop

I am considering buying either Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College or Shaving Shop. I just turned 30, and want an English barbershop themed fragrance for an every day scent. I know that both are comprised of citrus and wood notes, but reading the descriptions on the TOBS website didn't really help that much. How would you compare the two?

Default Re: Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College vs Shave Shop

I'm afraid that you won't get many replies, Taylor doesn't get a lot of discussion here on BN. I'm going to check out the store again when I'm in the UK. When I hear "English barbershop" I think of a somewhat spicy blend. For a budget alternative to Taylor, you might consider D.R. Harris Marlborough. If you bump up the expenditure slightly, you have Geo. F. Trumper and a whole range of scents, particularly their Victorian-era line. Cheers,
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Read the reviews over at Badger and Blade (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37).

i've only got the Eton college shave cream. To my nose it's sort of floral with a strong woody base. I smelled the whole collection and it's the one I liked the most, but I didn't smell shaving shop so I can't compare.

PS - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...ld-Bond-Street
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I might be a bit late in responding, but Shave Shop might be what you are after. Shave Shop has a nice soapy kind of smell, with a bit of a nice flowerly, powdery note. Eton College on the other hand, is much more spicy and more colonge like, if that makes any sense.

What about Mr Taylor?

I don't have much experience with Mr. Taylor, sorry. From what I've heard, its along the lines of Eton College, similar in that they are more colonge based fragrance than Shave Shop. Hope that helps!

Shaving shop is the one to get from Taylor of old bond street - simply elegant - any style anytime !!
    Invisible Power