Code of Conduct

Question Perfume for my 22 year old girld friend

Hi, I am looking for a fragrance for my girlfriend. She is 22 year old light skinned girl. She doesn't like wearing sporty dresses. She loves high heels and big earrings.
    I am a Hermes and Prada fan so first I've looked them.
    I like,
    Hermes Eau des merveilles
    Hermes Un jarden sur le nil and mediterrane
    Prada infusion d'iris

and the saleslady at shop recommends me Lancome Tresor in love and Miracle.

Which one of these is ok for a 22 year old lady. And if you have any other recommendation please give. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Perfume for my 22 year old girld friend

I know that Prada Infusion d'Iris is popular with women, and is a very classy scent. And I like all the Hermès scents you mention, although I also like Elixir des Merveilles quite a bit. My wife likes both Prada and Hermès scents a lot.

Have you considered taking her out to the store and buying her favorite? You can take her out to the perfume counter after dinner and show her several Prada and Hermès scents (don't let the sales associate push her toward something she doesn't like). Then let her pick which one she likes best and buy it for her.. If it has to be a gift you buy first, then you can always pick one, but make sure that you can exchange it if she doesn't like it, then she can pick her favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

forget about the brands. especially in the case of prada. their perfumes do not live up to the fashion design. hermes is alright, though.
    what kind of scents does you girl like? (what kind of) flowers, spices, amber, freshness, citrus, green smells, woody scents, etc. would she prefer something with a resemblance of nature or rather something abstract? something light or something rich. if you answer these questions here, people will be able to help you better.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like the idea of Hermes Un Jardin Sur de Nil, but only if she likes citrus. Prada Infusion d'Iris in its base becomes very powdery, and I mean powdery as in makeup powder. She might like it, or might not. Please don't throw eggs at me, but when I was wearing it once, my SO commented that it smelled like his "grandma's powder compact."

I like the idea of taking her to a place like Sephora, for example, because people, regardless of age, have vastly different tastes. It may not be possible or desirable, though.

I can share what my 23-year-old friend likes to wear: Vera Wang (all versions, but especially Princess) and Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. I would also check Guerlain Idylle.

gido, I don't know what she loves because we are rather new. Bu I love floral scents.
    A friend of mine suggests Gucci Flora. How is it?
    And petruccijc i will look into that Chanel.
    There is a Jo Malone butique near me. If you know any Jo malone scents suitable please tell: Thanks