Code of Conduct

Question Office scent: AdP Colonia Assoluta or Eau Sauvage?

I am a 36 y-o, project manager, living and working in Milan, Italy.
    Very hot, but also cool and classic.
    I am a very classical person, a bit retro-wannabe.

Two of my very fav summer fragrances are AdP Colonia Assoluta and Eau Sauvage.

I personally feel these two are in the same family, so I do not want them both in my collection: which do You suggest?
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garšons - Wonderwood

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Office scent: AdP Colonia Assoluta or Eau Sauvage?

I prefer AdP Colonia Assoluta of the two.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AdP Colonia Assoluta +1.
    I'd also recommend Numero Uno by Carthusia and Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua di Colonia.

Eau Sauvage

Absolutely Assoluta!

Assoluta
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Assoluta, again.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Whilst I love Eau Sauvage, I too would go for Assoluta.

The reason?

Assoluta lasts longer for a start and will give you pretty much a full day's wear, whereas ES will peter out halfway through the day.

I also like the floral notes that emerge with the Assoluta.

They're both classic fragrances though and either is a good buy. I would say that though as I have indeed bought both!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

If you only choose one, Assoluta.

I think they are different enought to merit owning both, if you enjoy them alot!

I agree with Assoluta.

AdP Assoluta for sure.....Gary

Hmmm, I think you might think about the rationing rationale? Why NOT have two of the same sort? Mix it up, go for the subtleties of life. If you like them both, own both. Just sayin'. I find them different enough that I could see owning both.
    PS -- this is from a guy who has many, many GREEN scents! And I love them all!
    Last edited by odysseusm; 2nd August 2010 at 03:50 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Whilst I love Eau Sauvage, I too would go for Assoluta.

The reason?

Assoluta lasts longer for a start and will give you pretty much a full day's wear, whereas ES will peter out halfway through the day.

I also like the floral notes that emerge with the Assoluta.

They're both classic fragrances though and either is a good buy. I would say that though as I have indeed bought both!
    HDS is dead on about the longevity issue, and his advice is worth following.

That said, and reading everyone else's suggestion of Assoluta, I've simply got to go the other way and say Eau Sauvage is better. I don't like Assoluta, and the jasmin in ES is an electric delight for me with the basil and citrus. I don't think there's anything really like it. I know I would rather wear ES and would rather a co-worker pick it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Ascolta l'uomo polvereB!
    Last edited by StylinLA; 2nd August 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Assoluta. It's smoother.

Like DustB and hednic I also have to disagree with the majority and go with Eau Sauvage. It's a genuine classic and also has a retro vibe. It also strikes me as more of a business type fragrance, slightly more formal and perhaps a little further removed from a traditional cologne than the Assoluta.

I would go with Eau Sauvage.

Assoluta doesn't agree with me. The citrus opening is nice enough, but it turns into a powdery floral (like the original) with added wood notes and a little added sweetness. Just not my style.

Both scents certainly have their faults, and in reality I don't own either, but of the two I would pick ES.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

On me, Colonia Assoluta lasts a lot longer than Eau Sauvage.
    I like Eau Sauvage more, but I want more than two hours out of a scent. Some people claim it lasts all day on them. I think you really have to give it a test before buying.

The other Italian citrus I really like is Aqua di Portofino which is sort of like YSL PH, but lasts all day instead of two hours. But it is a lot dearer in Italy than what I paid for it here in Australia.
    Regards,
    Renato

I'd pick Eau Sauvage simply because it smells a lot better. I'm not a fan of AdP Assoluta, and I think it's way overrated.

As others have said, Eau Sauvage's longevity is terrible, so just bring the bottle with you to work. It's one of those scents that you can practically bathe in, and still not offend others. I love it.

AdP!

I find Assoluta to be more formal and classic. But at the same time it is also brighter and as others have mentioned it lasts longer.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Ascolta l'uomo polvereB!
    Absolutely LOL
    My summer favs: Penhaligon's - Racquets; Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta; Dior - Homme Cologne
    My winter favs: Chanel - Antaeus; Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT; YSL - Kouros; Calvin Klein - Eternity; Burberry - Brit; Comme des Garšons - Wonderwood

dear all,
    thanks for all your feedback and time.

As always, this forum makes always to get and own all my fragrances as each of you can show me pro and con.

I'd probably stick with Assoluta (as I am a sucker ofr longevity) and keep ES for my own pleasure.

Ciao!