Code of Conduct

Default Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender

What lavenders are similar to Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender? Anything closest to it

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoglio italianO View Post
    What lavenders are similar to Santa Maria Novella Imperial Lavender? Anything closest to it
    I just got a sample of this today from the SMN boutique (Bal harbour) and I'm going to wear it tomorrow - I will post back at the end of the day. On a test strip it smelled very 'simple', which I am okay with.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I look forward to your review, Mikeperez. Lavender fragrances interest me as well.

Basenotes Institution

I wore it this morning, I was careful not to douse myself with it and because of this (and the hot weather today) the scent faded rather quickly, so that I didn't have the opportunity to give it my full attention. Here's a few quick impressions:

It's not medicinal or bracing at all, however it does smell very natural. I had lavender growing in my front yard and when the smell is caught in a hot breeze the smell is unmistakable. This is the smell you get on your skin. There is no sweetness, nothing synthetic - a pleasant surprise. Will post more when I wear it again...
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for your impressions, Mike - this one's been on my radar for a while. How would you compare it with Caldey Island Lavender? Is it worth having both in the same wardrobe?
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Basenotes Institution

I just saw your question now WillC.

I have to wear the SMN again (maybe I'll wear it tomorrow when I fly to NY - lavender scents are perfect for airplane travel) but from what I can remember it is NOT musky in the base notes at all. I usually am not sensitive to musks (some I can't smell at all) but the musk that Caldey Island uses in their lavender water is VERY strong to my nose. So I smell it immediately upon application and then it just gets stronger and stronger as it dries down. The SMN is much more herbal/fresh and I think honestly there are no base notes...it's just lavender. Thus, the short longevity I experienced.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Interesting. When you say short longevity, how long do you mean? Half an hour or so?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion