Code of Conduct

Question distinguished or pleasant smell

hello friends! this site is amazing!
    You know that there are these two situations ...
    those who want to smell distinctly, and those who want to smell delicious, fabulous ...

for example, would be a Boucheron's distinguished Jaipiur ¨ s or Guerlain Heritage
    while rich and delicious would be a ¨ s Burberry London
    I do not care what distinguished leave that for the Kings of England ... I just want the most delicious possible .... the most delicious!!
    delicious, rich, pleasant people passing through the side says, oh my God, that sweetest fragrance, I would go buy now! means what's the point?

another comes to your mind???
    I do not care if it's popular, or stereotyped .... , Its composition does not matter too much or development of notes and that family ..... I just want to smell fabulous !!!!!!!
    Last edited by cooby; 2nd August 2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: explain what the means of delicious

Default Re: distinguished or delicious?

Not sure exactly what you're trying to convey here. You want to smell "delicious". I take that to mean like food, or a gourmand.
    Rochas Man would be a good one for chocolate. Delicious sounds like a subjective word to me.

Default Re: distinguished or delicious?

notice how i fixed my question! sorry, but sometimes in Spanish sentences have otherwise!
    Sometimes translators do not capture the essence!! thanks! m

Default Re: distinguished or pleasant smell

I'm not sure but I think the OP's main criterium is a fragrance that overall just smells superb, regardless if it's popular, develops well, ...

Maybe you can start with crowd pleasers like Acqua di Gìo, Le Male, Boss Bottled, 1 Million, Chanel Allure Sport, Armani Code, etc.

You're talking about Guerlain Habit Rouge.

Blog Entries

I would agree with noggs. Habit Rouge by Guerlain is both distinctive and pleasant smelling.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    You're talking about Guerlain Habit Rouge.

It's a matter of personal preference, at least in terms of the frags you mentioned. Jaipur Homme is undeniably rich, though you may not find it delicious (seems like some do, though). And I don't view London as much richer (perhaps it's even less so), and I wouldn't say that it's more delicious either. I find Heritage's drydown to be quite unpleasant, but it does have vanilla in there, and should probably be called rich. I'd say that Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme is more of a "distinguished," formal frag, relative to the ones you mentioned. It sounds like you might like frags such as Shalimar Light, Must de Cartier, Magical Moon EdP, and other "women's" frags that aren't too "feminine," unless you want to go into straight gourmand fare (such as Amour de Cacao).

His question was inspired by Off-Scenter's review of Burberry London for Men. I know this because I was just about to post a thread like this for the same reason.

The review:

...While each is distinct, they will pretty much do what London does, and at least twice as well. Wear London and you’ll smell “nice.” Wear something like Habit Rouge, Jaïpur Homme, or Maharadjah, and you’ll smell distinguished.
    He is trying to ask whether it is more worthwhile to have a proven good-smelling fragrance like Burberry's London, or something unique like Habit Rouge.

Azzaro pour homme
    Pour un Homme de Caron ...

Point Blank

Armani Code is the no1 crowd pleaser.

Exclamation Re: distinguished or pleasant smell

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    His question was inspired by Off-Scenter's review of Burberry London for Men. I know this because I was just about to post a thread like this for the same reason.

The review:

He is trying to ask whether it is more worthwhile to have a proven good-smelling fragrance like Burberry's London, or something unique like Habit Rouge.
    you're right that my question was fired by Off- scenter´s review, but fail to understand .... I did not ask if more worthwhile if distinguished or rich, delicious, nice .... but I want rich aroma and I do not care who is distinguished ... I want something practical, not theoretical. really nice, not intricate or structured notes in its development, etc ..... I DO NOT CARE ABOUT A DISTINGUISHED a bit .... WANT RESULTS THAT WORK

Quote Originally Posted by cooby View Post
    you're right that my question was fired by Off- scenter´s review, but fail to understand .... I did not ask if more worthwhile if distinguished or rich, delicious, nice .... but I want rich aroma and I do not care who is distinguished ... I want something practical, not theoretical. really nice, not intricate or structured notes in its development, etc ..... I DO NOT CARE ABOUT A DISTINGUISHED a bit .... WANT RESULTS THAT WORK
    Go for Armani Code

YSL Opium Eau d'Orient, Azzaro Visit, Solo Loewe Intense