Code of Conduct

Default Would you rank L'Aarchiste on the same par with Yatagan and 3rd Man?

Been a while since I wore L'Anarchiste, and gave it a full wearing today. I felt so good the whole day, There's a bit of unsettling of notes in its initial phase but it soon settles in to an incredible metallic melange of flowers, mints herbs... Yet, I still can't put it on the same par as its glorious siblings from the house of Caron. What do you think, fans of the house?

Default Re: Would you rank L'Aarchiste on the same par with Yatagan and 3rd Man?

Absolutely. Caron's "masculines" are top notch.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Would you rank L'Aarchiste on the same par with Yatagan and 3rd Man?

I think all 4 Caron men's fragrances are equally fantastic (L'Anarchiste, 3rd Man, Yatagan and Pour un Homme) - and some of the best values on the market.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 2nd August 2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As I've said on many Caron threads, My rankings for the male frags from this house are:
    1. Yatagan (always great)
    2. L'Anarchiste (unique and great when I'm in the mood for it)
    Then there's a drop...
    3. 3rd Man (a little too dainty for my taste, but I do like it)
    Then there's a bigger drop...
    4. Pour un Homme (active dislike)

Well anything is better than Yatagan and Pour un Homme disappoints as well. 3rd Man is okay, but I don't think it's as good as some make it out to be. I'm actually thinking about swapping it. L'Anarchiste, though I wasn't impressed with it, is probably the most fragrant and modern of the bunch.

I think L'anarchiste is the most wearable of the group followed by PuH, Yatagan, 3rd Man. I think they are all OK, but I can see why they are not universally appreciated.

Yes, KV, I think it's easily on par with Yatagan and 3rd Man. All three super-greats.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Vavoom View Post
    There's a bit of unsettling of notes in its initial phase but it soon settles in to an incredible metallic melange of flowers, mints herbs...
    I tend to notice the oranges and cedar more - and whatever Caron is using to build those cedar leaf/wood notes, I've only noticed similar in much more expensive fragrances.

Yet, I still can't put it on the same par as its glorious siblings from the house of Caron. What do you think, fans of the house?
    I'd rank Yatagan higher for overall versatility, but they're fairly matched for having a "just what have you been up to?" sexiness in the drydown. After that I'd put 3rd Man and Pour Un Homme, only because I didn't enjoy them quite as much as the other two.

To be honest, I was rather disappointed by the Caron offerings I have checked out (PH and L'Anarchiste) PH I generally didn't like and L'Anarchiste I really wanted to love and kinda only "liked a little". It's defintely unique, but it didn't move me enough to make a recent relatively inexpensive purchase of it (with my new stricter budget in place).

I still plan to check out Yatagan and 3rd Man, but my general disappointment in the other two doesn't have me in any rush to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think all 4 Caron men's fragrances are equally fantastic (L'Anarchiste, 3rd Man, Yatagan and Pour un Homme) - and some of the best values on the market.
    This.

It's an excellent composition, but Third Man isn't on par with Yatagan, nor is Anarchiste on par with Yatagan, Third Man or Pour un Homme.

My girlfriend loves Anarchiste, though, but not nearly as much as Yatagan.

I find it superior in wearability ( I really can't wear Yatagan - far too skanky ), but slightly less complex and a little "brash" overall. Head and shoulders above most of the masculines I've smelled this past decade.

I've yet to try Third Man.

Yatagan is my favorite Caron.

L'Anarchiste and then Pour un Homme follow closely behind.

Albeit a very good fragrance, 3rd Man takes last place in my collection of Carons.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I don't think so.

Yes.

Wow. I'm actually surprised I have the dissenting opinion here. I find L'Anarchiste in a completely different league from Yatagan, 3rd Man and PuH: the minor leagues.

Doesn't stop me from owning and enjoying it, though. It lacks the refinement and luxury of it's brothers, imho.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

My favorites of the bunch are Pour un Homme and Yatagan. I place L'Anarchiste and 3rd Man a notch below. But this is only my personal preference, which isn't exactly related to their quality as fragrances.

In a more objective sense I have a hard time deciding if L'Anarchiste belongs at the very top. It is very good and I do like it a lot. I just can't decide if that strange opening and distinctive metallic quality should help to place in the top rank or are enough to keep it out of that position. My first reaction is to say no, that those elements, while unique to the fragrance and help to distinguish it from many others, are just a bit too odd and disconcerting to place L'Anarchiste in the elite category.

noggs

I do like and wear 3rd Man and Yatagan, - and seldomly reach for L`Anarchiste and L`Homme.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

For me 3rd man is one of my favourites, followed quite closely by Yatagan. L'Anarchiste is not in the same league.

Caron's masculines can be considered to be a strange bunch. I can definitely see a connection between PUH and Third Man but then out of left-field come L'Anarchiste and Yatagan. To me, Yatagan is my favourite fragrance of the four and still has the capacity to surprise me when I first spray it. After the initial "What?" comes the most beautiful drydown. L'Anarchiste is intriguing at first and has a similar "What?" vibe but I began to find it a bit one-dimensional without the anticipatory excitement of Yatagan. It comes in a stunning box though!

Why do you ask? I don't as I found L'Aarchiste to be sour apples surrounded by fall spices. Of late, I have a big aversion to apple accords.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I've never had the chace to try any Caron scent. At the end of the month I'll be in Paris. Would someone kindly recommend a shop in Paris, preferably around the center of the city, where these can be sampled or/and bought? Thank you.

Been a while since I wore L'Anarchiste, and gave it a full wearing today. I felt so good the whole day, There's a bit of unsettling of notes in its initial phase but it soon settles in to an incredible metallic melange of flowers, mints herbs... Yet, I still can't put it on the same par as its glorious siblings from the house of Caron. What do you think, fans of the house?
    Big fan. I have the same thought. I like it alot, yet I put it on a level below PH and 3rd Homme(y), which I feel are 'less is more' genius, and yet another level below yatagan just because I'm a yatagan kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    To be honest, I was rather disappointed by the Caron offerings I have checked out (PH and L'Anarchiste) PH I generally didn't like and L'Anarchiste I really wanted to love and kinda only "liked a little". It's defintely unique, but it didn't move me enough to make a recent relatively inexpensive purchase of it (with my new stricter budget in place).

I still plan to check out Yatagan and 3rd Man, but my general disappointment in the other two doesn't have me in any rush to do so.
    Have since checked out 3rd Man, and while I'd move it to the top of the list, I can't say I loved it either....

L'Anarchiste is very bitter upon application, but it does get warm and musky as it dries. And dry it is. It's one of the "driest" scents I've come across.