Code of Conduct

Default Particular Scent Search

Hello! I am new to this forum but not to this site. I have found some amazing scents from reading basenotes .. I love it!

I have an odd question and I wasn't sure where to ask, so I hope I am doing this right. I am not sure if anyone can help me but I figured this would be the best place to ask this. There is a hair oil called Marrakesh Oil in a scent called Moroccan Nights which is the original scent it comes in. I am so in love with this scent and I have been trying to figure out what exactly is in this. I have emailed the company but never got a response. I am not sure if anyone on here has smelled this stuff but I will try to explain it. Maybe the name can give an idea of what it's trying to go for? It smells like a sweet vanilla mixed with a very similar smell to a nice cedar chest. It may have sandalwood in it but there is a sharper wood smell to it which is where I get the cedar idea. It is spicy and sweet and amazing! The reason I am so hung up on this stuff is because I have been trying to find a smell like this that smells authentic and not synthetic. Every time I have found something like this there is something off. The vanilla may be too plasticy .. or the wood smell too clean and soft. If no one has smelled this oil maybe people have suggestions on a fragrance they think would be similar to this? I really appreciate any help at all. I am a huge perfume fan and I have been searching for something like this forever. Thank you!

Add; I've been reading up on traditional Moroccan scents and I'm wondering if maybe this is an amber I'm smelling. I have no idea because I'm not sure what that smells like but I've read descriptions on here of it being sweet and spicy like vanilla and wood notes. Maybe this will help?
    Last edited by Anat_Nakhti; 31st July 2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Default Re: Particular Scent Search

I'm not familiar with either the oil or Morrocan Nights. However, a unisex spicy vanilla with some cedar is Bulgari Black.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I'm not familiar with either the oil or Morrocan Nights. However, a unisex spicy vanilla with some cedar is Bulgari Black.
    Thank you BradW! This sounds good, I will definitely look for it.

I would test Burberry Women if I were you.It sounds like your hair oil shares a lot of fragrance notes with it!And it's easily unisex,even though it's marketed to women.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I would test Burberry Women if I were you.It sounds like your hair oil shares a lot of fragrance notes with it!And it's easily unisex,even though it's marketed to women.
    Thank you! I will definitely test this out. I am very fond of the Burberry for Men, a friend of mine wears it all the time. I haven't smelled the womens but now I will.

Your'e welcome,hope you find what you're looking for!Please do let us know what you find-I'm so curious about the Marrakesh Oil scent now.It sounds wonderful!

I will post here if I find anything equivalent. I had an idea to try searching by scent combo's I thought I smelled in the oil on some site's that sell the cheaper essential oil perfumes. I found a few that sound promising .. hopefully.