Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD-Monday 2 AUGUST 2010!

Zibeline, what a terrible thing to happen to you all, especially with the wedding so near (not that any time would be good, but you know what I mean.) I hope you can get some rest soon.

Today I'm wearing Evelyn as we attend to some tedious legal stuff (updating wills and such).

Vintage Jolie Madame

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I'll bet that vacation is to be spent in your garden, no?!
    Actually (gasp!) NO. Somewhere cooler than my gonna-be-103º F -all-week garden thankfully!

(the garden can fend for itself for a little while, though I do have a housesitter. Who . refuses . to . garden. Sigh.)

Zibeline... HUGS and glad there was no permanent damage to the future SiL!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

SJP Covet.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Philosykos by Diptyque

Actiasluna! You and I are both in Habanita!!!! Mine is combined with Neil Morris' Vision in Black! ~ My order arrived today, and along with the October, Burnt Amber & Summer of Love were SAMPLES!!!! So I couldn't resist. Mr. Morris is undoubtedly the most inspired and creative perfumer currently putting forth fragrances! Immensely talented he is. This Vision in Black must be brand new - I don't remember trying it 1 week ago! So far it's stunning, I'll have to get to the notes when the Habanita wears off a bit.

Zibeline (((hugs)))to you and yours.

Zibeline! I'm so sorry! How unfortunate, but I'm glad to hear he'll be alright! I hope he heals quickly and that you all get some rest before the wedding!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Today, what to wear, what to wear.... Wore Bluebell for my workout (it just disappeared in the heat) and now am going to wear Carthusia Fiori de Capri.

Our architects wanted to give me a thank you gift (I helped then snag a new client) and asked me what perfume I'd like... I repeatedly demurred, they continued to insist, so finally I sent them my wish list... (I was nice: didn't put any Amouage, extrait, etc on it!)
    Now, I can't buy anything because I don't know what they're going to get me! Or when! LOL... that's one way to put the brakes on spending...

Well Womanity sample for me. Figs and a salty beach combo on me.
    DONNA

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Bois de Violette — as you say, K, that opening — what a stunner. One of the few violets that I can perceive.

Oh what a problem, choosing a scent. Do I reach for the recently arrived, complex-green Acacia Aubepine from M? The lovely and nurturing LOTV Dior Lily from B? Mitsouko, sprayed from the sparkling new bottle fetched from Boston? The Dark Amber & Ginger Lily received in swap last week as a virtually new 1-oz. bottle? Or do I proceed with processing the many new samples? (Wish everyone's problems could be this serious in scope.)

Defaulting to alphabetical decision-making, I'll try Atelier Oolong Infini: Bergamot, Tunisian neroli; oolang tea, jasmine petals, blond leather; tobacco flower, gaiac wood, Haitian vetiver.

I've only just put it on. All I can say at this point is that it's comfortably wearable, but I'm not sensing anything "wow" here.

Oh Zibeline, I am so sorry to hear of the misfortune that has befallen your soon-to-be son in law. Thank goodness there is not any permanent damage. I send healing vibes to him and of course the rest of you, who are of course probably beyond exhausted.

Today I put on a little spritz of Iris Pallida, which is interesting. Not something I would purchase ever, but not terrible for a sample.

Hope the day goes well for all. Hugs
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Blog Entries

Zibeline, I am very sorry to hear that your soon to be son in law was injured. I hope everyone is much recovered soon.

SOTD is Balenciaga Paris over a tiny spritz of Guerlain L' Instant edp. Nice combo!
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

((Zibeline)). I wish your son in law a quick and full recovery.

Sophi, 3 fleurs sounds wonderful!

The heat is awful here, especially when you are cooking, with no air-condition.

My sote is Jacinthe et Rose - E. Coudray