Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried Arbo by O Boticário ?

I saw this on Barclay-Crocker and wonder about it. I like the fragrance notes. It is listed in the BN directory but there are no reviews.

Arbo by O Boticário

Top Notes: Mountain Air Accord, Orange Leaves, Geranium, Mint, Mandarin, Grapefruit

Middle Notes: Green Notes, Artemisia, Sage

Base Notes: Moss, Sandalwood, Musk

It could be good, or it could be a sweet musky mess. Any thoughts, anyone?
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Anyone tried Arbo by O Boticário ?

Funny you mention Arbo, Ody. I saw this yesterday on Barclay-Crocker's website, and I was going to post a thread on the Coneheads forum, asking if anyone has tried this.

This scent interests me too, as well as O Botocario's Connexion Woods scent (the notes look so appealing I might buy it blind), which looks like this:

I`ve already tried this one, and it`s one of the few scents that really makes me wanna vomit. My brother in law used to wear it when he started to date my sister, and the smell bothered me and my sister, then my sister ended giving him another frag and begging him to not wear this one. I think it`s very similar to the original Liz Clairborne Curve, but worser and more chemical than Curve. I wouldn`t recommend this one to nobody, and I`m glad that it was discontinued here in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I`ve already tried this one, and it`s one of the few scents that really makes me wanna vomit. My brother in law used to wear it when he started to date my sister, and the smell bothered me and my sister, then my sister ended giving him another frag and begging him to not wear this one. I think it`s very similar to the original Liz Clairborne Curve, but worser and more chemical than Curve. I wouldn`t recommend this one to nobody, and I`m glad that it was discontinued here in Brazil.
    Wow, that sounds wretched! Which one are you talking about? Arbo or the Woods one?

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    Wow, that sounds wretched! Which one are you talking about? Arbo or the Woods one?
    I`m talking about Arbo. Connexion Woods is not bad, but it didn`t make me wanna buy it. It`s sort of a dry wood fragrance, with lots of pine, a kind of fragrance that evokes me the wood aura of saunas...

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I`m talking about Arbo. Connexion Woods is not bad, but it didn`t make me wanna buy it. It`s sort of a dry wood fragrance, with lots of pine, a kind of fragrance that evokes me the wood aura of saunas...

Lots of pine? Dry wood? Now that sounds like my kind of scent!!

Thanks for the comments, rickbr. I had a funny feeling about Arbo, kind of along the lines you describe. Definitely not a blind buy! Connection Woods sounds OK, but I will have to sample it first. Cheers!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Odysseusm, really not a blind buy! It say that, as a pro point, that Arbo has a great longevity and a good projection on skin. But it`s a little bit sickening, at least to me. Hope that you can find testers of Arbo an Conexion Woods. If you also find a tester of Portinari, do try it, it`s a cozy spice tobacco scent.

Connexion Woods lasted well on my skin, 6 hours (for a brazilian cologne its too much).
    Its refined with a little touch of 70s woodsy fragrances.

Arbo its an herbal with no character (to my tastes) and smell chemical and cheap.

Portinari is one that i want to find their inspirations (if its not an original creation by O Boticário, wich i really doubt), cause its a great scent with a good longevity

Apart from Insensatez, which to me seems a copy of CK One but better constructed than the original, all other colognes from O Boticário seem plain and unwearable. Arbo is (WAS here in Brazil, thank god!) green, but a cheap one. Connection Woods has a good drydown, but the way till this point is harsh and full of suffering and nasal pain.

I remember one cologne from O Boticário that I really enjoyed: Lhotse, which was also green but spicy and ice cold, and its version, Lhotse Chocolate, that had a resemblance to Angel A Men.

I remember an old cologne from O Boticario named North Wind.
    The bottle its quite equal to Polo Green, but no the smell.

Its a nice aromatic fougere if i can remember well (more than 10 years ago), quite strong and long lasting.

Anyone remember this discontinued fragrance?