Code of Conduct

Arrow Soooooo I finally joined Basenotes <----- Youtube Reviewer Brandon

Well hello BN!

For those that don't know(which might be a lot of you guys) me I do reviews on youtube for fragrances that I either own, once owned or have a sample of. If you would like to see my page then go here: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

I have been a regualr "reader" of this site for quite some time but just never felt the need to write in the forums due to a few ppl that I guess dislike me from the threads I have read. But after spending more time reading these forums I notice that there are only a few bad ones in the huge bunch of users so I said whatever.

And ignore the fact that in a few of my videos I say things about basenoters..... that was mainly aimed at the "bad bunch" I just spoke of and a few of the older guys that like the power houses that I hate like Obession . For the most part you all seem very humorous and intelligent. Also FYI if you didnt know I really dont like the CREED house <----- Dont judge me! You dont know my life

Just one question..... Where can I get real samples of the Amouage Mens line?

Also! I do a Monthly Swap Thread/Sales on my channel so check that out if you are looking for more exposure in swapping or selling your bottles.
    Last edited by CutlassSupremeSL; 3rd August 2010 at 03:56 PM.

Default Re: Soooooo I finally joined Basenotes <----- Youtube Reviewer Brandon

You can get samples at www.parfumsraffy.com

Ahah! There you are... always doing your reviews right before you head to the gym, lol! I enjoy them much.

Welcome to BN!

www.luckyscent.com - they have small $4 dollar samples of the line.

LuckyScent has samples of Amouage.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Nice! I have watched all of your reviews. I love it when you have your family in the background so you get them to come test smell the stuff. I think it was your brother that said Secretions Magnifique smelled like a dead possum. haha

FYI, I do like several Creeds (I love the smell of printer ink and silverware! ) but I can respect how different everyone's opinions can be and how the scents work so independently from one skin to another.

Thanks for your service and opinions that you display in your videos!

Hello Brandon. Welcome to basenotes. If you don't like Creed, that's very cool with me. I just reviewed Creed Millesime Imperial on my Youtube channel. I don't think I'll be buying the full bottle anytime soon.

Thank you all! I really need to do some more reviews just having a hard time testing out things like I use to. Lol I have been wearing my MR to work in 90-100 degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    I have been wearing my MR to work in 90-100 degree weather.
    And no fatalities yet? lol

I agree, it's pretty hard to test thick fragrances when it's smoldering out.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    And no fatalities yet? lol

I agree, it's pretty hard to test thick fragrances when it's smoldering out.
    Well 1 spray and I project like 2 feet lol.

I thought you had already joined since you mentioned Basenotes in your reviews!

Well.. welcome aboard then! Haha
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Welcome Brandon!
    You`re not alone, I`m not also fan of Creed frags. The only one that I liked was Virgin Island Water, but it didn`t inspired me to buy a decant of bottle.
    Regarding amouage samples, you can also buy them on the british store Les Senteurs. If you can, do try Epic Her too, which is great on a man`s skin.

Blog Entries

Hey, welcome aboard! Your youtube reviews actually helped me alot when i was first getting into fragrances.

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Manufacturers/Amouage.aspx

Hey bud,
    Welcome to BN's. I've watched a few of your vids along with the other big YouTube reviewers. Here's a link to some other info to support your vids.
    Keep up the good work.
    M.C.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Hi Brandon, I enjoy watching your vids and I don't like Creeds either

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Welcome to BaseNotes, Brandon!

I am not exactly in "youth" category anymore and i love my powerfrags, but there's a lot for us all to gain and share in our diversity.

Your Resource Archive is great.

All the very best.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Welcome to BaseNotes, Brandon!

I am not exactly in "youth" category anymore and i love my powerfrags, but there's a lot for us all to gain and share in our diversity.

Your Resource Archive is great.

All the very best.
    Thank you and I agree 100%

I`m also not an older guy but I like power houses, i don`t see a link at age and strong frags. I was at 16 when I tried M7 and it was love at first sight, even at that time when I didn`t understand nothing about frags.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I`m also not an older guy but I like power houses, i don`t see a link at age and strong frags. I was at 16 when I tried M7 and it was love at first sight, even at that time when I didn`t understand nothing about frags.
    Still havent tried that.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Glad to have a thoughtful commentator around, Brandon! The place only gets better.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Welcome to the Basenotes community Brandon, it' about time you joined !!! I was also a longtime lurker before signing up
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    Welcome to the Basenotes community Brandon, it' about time you joined !!! I was also a longtime lurker before signing up
    My man Marc... I keep missing you on Facebook when you send me a chat msg.

Hey Brandon, welcome to our number. We're a nice bunch really... (PS, I don't really like Creeds that much either)
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Welcome to Basenotes Brandon!
    Gary

These presentations remind me a bit of A.A.: My name is such-and-such and I used to be a Creed addict...
    (-:

I find it interesting that Creed has such exalted status, even implied in criticism, that nobody ever would come and introduce themselves: I am X Y and I don't like Rochas... or Guerlain... or ... the way they do with Creed.

Welcome!

We Creed fanatics are less murderous than the reputation which preceeds us would suggest... (-:

Welcome Brandon. I guess we all go about joining the same way: lurk first, then join. I lurked for a minute before I joined too. Anywho, I'm trying to keep up with you and Marc with the video posts, but I am fialing miserably. lol I shoulda BEEN put out a best spring/summer fragrance video. I may still, but it'll be a little less relevant I guess. Anywho, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

As an older person that has tried everything i could get my hands on, i always welcome new points of view both on old and new fragrances, so, of course, Welcome to the forum.!

Thanks every1! Just noticing my nose has gotten very picky lately and I have smelled most designer scents that I would think I would like. Looking for some niche that make me HAVE to buy them.

Hey man, I've seen your videos and enjoyed them, especially the ones on SMW and Burberry London.

Get a tester of Marc Jacobs Bang for review. It's hard not to like.

So I just bought 3 Amouage Samples after looking at the note breakdowns to see what I might like: Jubilation XXV, Dia for Men, and Reflection for Men.

But are there any stores that carry this line like Neimans or Saks or Barney's?
    Last edited by CutlassSupremeSL; 3rd August 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    Well hello BN!
    Just one question..... Where can I get real samples of the Amouage Mens line?
    Aedes carries Amouage and has a sample program that allows you any 7 fragrance samples for $15.

Just specify the ones you want in the comments box on the order page.

And welcome!

I don't know if it is a MUST by, but in case you didn't see my Amouage thread, I just sampled a few of them, and man, Reflection is a winner for SURE!!! Do check it out and let us know what you think.

Welcome to the forum! Just a small comment I have on your YouTube page. It's extremely difficult to read because the background colors are the same as the text being used. Black on black, brown on brown, green on green, etc.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to watching the vids! Thanks for the work!

Welcome to the boards. I've watched a few of your reviews. The spoof one was hilarious.

If you're looking for Amouage samples, I can pretty much guarantee that www.parfumsraffy.com is the best place to get them. Why? Well, at Luckyscent you pay $4 or $5 for a little 1ml vial with a dabber stick. Aedes is similar (although cheaper). At Parfums Raffy, for $6 you get an official Amouage sample. That's 2ml worth in a wonderful little atomizer with cap and a nice Amouage logo, and also the nice little sampler booklet thingy that the sample comes in, with a write-up of the scent and imagery.

$6 for 2ml comes out to $3/ml, which is basically the same per ml cost as most of the bottles (most are roughly $300 for 100ml bottle). So, if you ever want a decant of an Amouage scent - say 10ml worth -you can just buy 5 official samples from Parfums Raffy for $30.

Given that almost all of the Amouage scents are VERY strong, you can get away with one or at most two sprays with almost all of them. 10ml will last a long time. You'd only need a full bottle if you plan on wearing it rather often.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

About time, Brandon. Welcome, officially, to Basenotes.