Code of Conduct

Cool 1 Really Nice Scent for my Mother..... but there are rules!

My mother once loved perfume but her sinuses have robbed that away from her for about 20 years now. She is 48yrs old and asked me to find her a really nice "light" scent to wear but she doesnt want to piss her sinuses off.

Here are the guidelines

-Must be Light
    -Cant be overdone in these catagories:
    -Flowery
    -Peppery
    -Spicy
    -She likes semi spicy scents and semi fruity scents.
    -She use to wear some older Carolina Herrera Parfum

So can you fine ladies help me out!?

I was thinking of having her try Hermes Un Jardin Sur La Nil (she really likes mangos)

Default Re: 1 Really Nice Scent for my Mother..... but there are rules!

I wonder if she'd have better luck with scented oils since they usually aren't as effusive??? Some oils that like that are fairly easy to find in health food type stores: Kuumba Made Persian Garden & Pikaki Lei. Attar Bazaar Egyptian Musk & Pearl Musk. Auric Blends has lots to choose from as well, maybe Layla, Tara, Egyptian Goddess, Coco Mango. I like dragonflyblue.com they are online only but she might like Apricot, Angel, Calypso, Amber, Sandalwood, Mariposa, Strawberry - they have a great sampler options. Madini can be found easily online and sometimes is health food stores, but they have a great variety to chose from as well.

I'd also suggest oils or solids, to avoid the fog of scented alcohol. It's also possible that only certain ingredients set off her sinuses - for example, I'd suggest avoiding aldehydic scents. You could try getting a selection of very different samples, maybe from The Perfumed Court, and see what sets off her sinuses, as a guide for further perfume selection.

Also, she could try dabbing rather than sprying, and dabbing in places that are a little further away from her nose - like the back of her neck, rather than the chest, or even her legs or ankles.

Getting back to solids and oils:

Pacifica has a bunch of nice inexpensive solids - Tuscan Blood Orange is my favorite.

CB I Hate Perfume (yep, that's the company name) offers all(?) of their scents in oil form, and you can buy reasonably inexpensive sample/travel sizes. Tea/Rose and Burning Leaves are two of my favorites. (Tea/Rose is a more perfume-like perfume; Burning Leaves actually smells like burning leaves and therefore may not be what she has in mind.)

ChickenFreak

Can a guy help out here?
    If i may of course...

Hermès 24 Faubourg eau Délicate

Rive Gauche Fraîcheur for women edt

Carolina Herrera's Aquaflore

Opium Fraîcheur D'orient

Try out some of the Annick Goutals. Many are light and natural and wear close to the skin. My favorite is Eau du Ciel, but it doesn't fit the criteria for semi-fruity / semi-spicy. Folavril has mango listed in the notes, but I'm not too familiar with this one. The only negative about this line is that some of them tend to turn faster than other scents (maybe a higher concentration of natural ingredients?), so I would only feel secure buying a fresh bottle from the department store rather than online.

Thank you all I will give all of these avenues a look at.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

DeepSilence

What do you think about CK ONE?

Blog Entries

I like the Hermes-Une Jardin Sur le Nil idea. It's a beautiful perfume and perfect for a mango/lotus lover. You might like;
    Chanel-31 Rue Cambon, No. 19
    Annick Goutal-Eau de Camille
    Diptyque-Jardin Clos

Try out the Jo Malone line, too. She might like Anise & Vanilla.