Code of Conduct

Default Time to fantasize about Autumn and cooler days....

Time to use fantasy as a way to beat the heat. Imagine...the weather is shifting and there is a slight chill in the air, the leaves on the trees are changing, and you are able to hear the wind blowing through the trees and around the corners of buildings. You are starting to wear sweaters and coats and leather jackets. What fragrance are you going to wear?
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Time to fantasize about Autumn and cooler days....

I certainly look forward to wearing my Zirh Corduroy and Ted Baker Endurance once again!

This makes me fantasize about wearing something like Givenchy Gentleman, Chanel Antaeus, Azzaro pour Homme, Esencia Loewe or Santos de Cartier (maybe, I could throw in, although not at the same time with the aforementioned, some YSL M7, Aramis Tuscany or Gucci Envy for Men)

Well soon I'll be getting grant money and I have 4 or 5 fragrances lined up for purchase.. but I'll say L'instant de Guerlain.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Last edited by Descartes; 29th January 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Ambers, myrhh, opoponax, and patch.

Although all of them could be worn in the summer, some scents I just prefer in the fall. So I am looking forward to wearing:

Francesco Smalto (my new fave)
    Kenzo Tokyo
    Fahrenheit
    Fumerie Turque
    212 Men
    Pure Coffee
    Acier Aluminium
    L'Essence de Declaration
    Trussardi Uomo
    Salvador Dali PH
    Givenchy Insense
    Iquitos
    Egoiste
    L'Instant de Guerlain
    Lalique pour Homme Equus
    Santos Concentree
    Zino
    Tea for Two
    Witness
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 3rd August 2010 at 06:29 PM.

One in particular I cant even touch in warm weather is Fleur du Male. So I cant wait for cooler weather to roll in for that one.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Siecle

Almost all of my fragrances are in this category. I will definitively wear Frapin Caravelle Epicee, and Amouage Epic.

looking forward to wearing Opium PH and L'Air Du Desert Morocain (LDDM)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 3rd August 2010 at 10:25 PM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Pour Lui by Rochas
    Sud Est by Romeo Gigli
    Opium PH by YSL
    and yet to be determined samples and decants of fragrances (many to try)
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    212 Men
    Have you tried the White version? Supposedly it's based off of Winter in New York. I plan on blind buying it once I get my grant money. I enjoy the original and most of the flankers so I'm pretty much certain I'll enjoy this one

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    One in particular I cant even touch in warm weather is Fleur du Male. So I cant wait for cooler weather to roll in for that one.
    I got Fleur du Male this past Spring so I'm excited to see what it will be like in the cold weather
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I don't want to wish my summer away.....but I must say I'm tired of the heat and humidity!!! Some cooler more pleasant weather will be a nice plus!
    Gary

Honestly I'm rather enjoying the summer. I've bought 4 fragrances in about 2-3 months, 3 of which were summery fragrances, and I've been able to wear my small decant of VIW in the heat, which is a real joy.

I tend towards:

Michael for Men by Michael Kors
    Burberry London
    L'Instant de Guerlain
    Escada PH
    A*Men
    Gucci Envy
    John Varvatos - Original and Vintage
    Rochas Man

All at varying times of the day, some more skewed to a night out.

Not much to fantasize about in London, autumn is pretty much here, especially today...
    I'm thinking to buy Mhyrre Ardente - Annick Goutal, and probably Vetiver Tonka Hermenessence (the last one has got a hilarious price, I'm saving up for it!). This summer, for what summer is worth in UK, I've been wearing APOM Maison Kurkdjian and Eau de Rochas pour homme, and I might carry forward APOM until the end of this year. I bought Eau D'Issey at TKMaxx at bargain price... and gave up on it, it's not really my kind!

Patchouli 24
    Chêne
    Cèdre
    Paestum Rose
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

+1 L' air du desert Marocain. I can't appreciate this one in oppressive humidity. Also look forward to JHL.

DeepSilence

Recently i discovered Venezia Uomo I think it's so suitable for fall
    Rochas Man
    Opium
    I'll wear Tuscan Leather absolutely
    Gucci Envy

while I kinda follow the (summer scents/winter scents) thing - sometimes I don't. I question 'where will I be mostly today?' And 9 times out of 10, I'm in doors, in a climate controlled office/home/ect... so today, I'm wearing Encre Noire in my cool office building

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I don't want to wish my summer away.....but I must say I'm tired of the heat and humidity!!! Some cooler more pleasant weather will be a nice plus!
    Gary
    That's true, but I always feel a little more in control in cooler weather. You can always add layers of clothes to be more comfortable, but you can only take so much off in summer!

With that said, I went with Lolita Lempicka au Masculin today and am suffering a little. Im okay in the a/c'd office, but when I step outside, ugh. A little to heavy for humidity wear!

I'm thinking:
    Cuir Ottoman,
    Piper Nigrum
    Borneo 1834
    Chanel No.22
    and
    Black Orchid Voile de Fleur.

cheers

Speaking of autumn, is there a new Dior on the horizon for men?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Oh I have so many I'm looking forward to wearing. Cuba gold, Fahrenheit, Drakkar Noir, ApH, Baldessarini Ambre, Nicole Miller, Pi, Burberry London, Burberry The Beat, Ikon, Corduroy, Banderas Spirit and Spirit VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Oh I have so many I'm looking forward to wearing. Cuba gold, Fahrenheit, Drakkar Noir, ApH, Baldessarini Ambre, Nicole Miller, Pi, Burberry London, Burberry The Beat, Ikon, Corduroy, Banderas Spirit and Spirit VIP.
    Hey man, I wore The Beat the other day and worked great in the heat. I was surprised and thought i'd be too much spice. Not at all. Give it a whirl!

I love the cooler weather. It allows us to wear a wider range of frags. Looking forward to wearing everything in my collection except for the summer ones!

Yes, summer is wearing out its welcome around here, too. I am looking forward to chilly weather. I like cold weather clothes, cold weather food, cold weather drinks, and cold weather fragrances. Looking forward to breaking out the gourmands again. I tried L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme on a hot day not too long ago, and it didn't work at all. I had to wash it off. Shame, too - it's one of my favorites in cooler weather.

I too hate to wish the summer away! I do enjoy my spring/summer fragrances but I absolutely enjoy fall/winter 'fumes! Can't wait to wear Michael for Men and Corduroy! I'm also looking at purchasing more for this fall!

Last edited by Descartes; 29th January 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Almost all of my fragrances are in this category. I will definitively wear Frapin Caravelle Epicee, and Amouage Epic.
    Me too! These are a couple favorites for fall. I also just tried several samples from Sonoma Scent Studio that I think will very good in slightly milder weather. These were Fireside Intense, Sienna Musk, Ambre Noir, Tabac Aurea - all would be fantastic in cooler climate.