Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Etra and Armani Code Pour Homme

Has anyone noticed similarties between Etra and Armani Code Pour Homme?
    Yesterday I wore a sample of Etra by Etro and during all the evolution of this fragrance I was left with an impression that this one seemed like a male toned-down version of Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake. Is like they had removed what makes Le Feu odd and transformed it into a wearable woody gourmand fragrance. What surprised me is that, at base, Etra changed from Le Feu direction and started to smell similar to Armani Code, but like a better version of Armani Code base.
    Has anyone detected something similar?

Default Re: Etra and Armani Code Pour Homme

I think of Etra as a milky woody oriental. I haven't tried Code in a long time (and I found it unpleasant then), but I have a feeling that I'd find it to be slightly synthetic and not as complex. Moreover, I like the rosewood in Etra, whereas there's no wood note in Code that I find especially appealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Etra and Armani Code Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I think of Etra as a milky woody oriental. I haven't tried Code in a long time (and I found it unpleasant then), but I have a feeling that I'd find it to be slightly synthetic and not as complex. Moreover, I like the rosewood in Etra, whereas there's no wood note in Code that I find especially appealing.
    Bigsly, i agree with you, is really a milky woody oriental, but it has something like discret flowers on it too. What i feel on Etra is like a better, and complex, base of Code Pour Homme, like they used better and more complex materials. I couldn't detect the rosewood on Etra, which is a shame since rosewood is a delicious note to be detected in a fragrance, a very different wood with some lemony and tea aspects I think.