Code of Conduct

Default Had a Creed Rep tell me

that several of the scents were going to be "retired". His explanation was that it is now against the law in France to use an ingredient that about (10) of these scents have in common. Rather than trying to replace them and change the formula, they have decided to stop producing them anymore. Most of the scents he told me were the older, not so much bought ones, but the one that surprised me was Green Valley. Anyone else heard this?

Default Re: Had a Creed Rep tell me

Yes, there are a number up on the guillotine. Do you remember the list?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

No - hadn't heard this. Do you remember, by chance, if Royal Scottish Lavender was one of the ones they are going to be "retiring?" Or what others, aside from Green Valley, will be retired?

Sorry guys, he was rattling them off so fast I cant remember. I am going to place an order for the GV, so I will ask again and have paper and pen ready. Will come back with the results.

This is so sad.....I'm afraid freedom will be a thing of the past some day.....It's a shame that this lack of freedom has entered the world of fragrance!!!
    I do understand the concern that we all should have for the earth.....but it seems to me that there should be a way to protect the earth and still preserve the art of making perfume!!! I do hope that what I have said is not taken wrong.....I do not want to offend anyone at all.....This is just a very sad thing in my opinion!!!
    Gary

It also might be the discontinuation of things like vintage Tabarome and so forth, that we were talking about last year or last winter or something. So it might be a reference to some event that's already known and talked about.

I tend to think SAs and representatives frequently overstate their knowledge and, I could certainly be wrong, this one might be treating old news in a way to help new sales.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    This is so sad.....I'm afraid freedom will be a thing of the past some day.....It's a shame that this lack of freedom has entered the world of fragrance!!!
    I do understand the concern that we all should have for the earth.....but it seems to me that there should be a way to protect the earth and still preserve the art of making perfume!!! I do hope that what I have said is not taken wrong.....I do not want to offend anyone at all.....This is just a very sad thing in my opinion!!!
    Gary
    I agree Gary. What I breath in the air and eat everyday is probably much worse than what I could ever spray on my skin. People are allowed to smoke; they just put warnings on the label. Put a warning label on my fragrance: This item contains tree moss and could cause allergens. Let me make the choice.

I wish the powers that be would concentrate on the biggies and quit picking on the small things.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 3rd August 2010 at 06:55 PM.

Oakmoss may or may not cause some relatively insignificant skin allergies, but the main problems were found to be with tree moss, which did cause some very minor skin allergies.That was discovered a year after the EU put a limit on oakmoss. But as legislation on oakmoss was already passed, it will probably be awhile before it's reversed.
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd August 2010 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Oakmoss doesn't cause allergies. Tree moss does. This was discovered a year after the EU put a limit on oakmoss.
    Thanks for the clarification Pluran. I didn't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Pluran. I didn't realize that.
    JWS,

I don't think most of the politicians who signed that legislation do either.

Its not just oakmoss, its lots of other things too. Bigarade, lemon oil, jasmine, cinamon leaf and many many other things are severely restricted.
    The creeds which I think will go are Citrus bigarade, Jasmal, Green Valley, Chevrefeuille, Orange spice, apparently Irisia and 200 fleurs, cuir de russie and vintage tabarome, angelique encens we already know about. Maybe that is the ten?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Let's hope that the perfume houses sell frags with restricted ingredients on the black market

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Its not just oakmoss, its lots of other things too. Bigarade, lemon oil, jasmine, cinamon leaf and many many other things are severely restricted.
    The creeds which I think will go are Citrus bigarade, Jasmal, Green Valley, Chevrefeuille, Orange spice, apparently Irisia and 200 fleurs, cuir de russie and vintage tabarome, angelique encens we already know about. Maybe that is the ten?
    That's very sad- those are good ones.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Green Valley shouldn't be discontinued, that's insane.
    It should have it's base reformulated with an aventus type oakmoss/patch base,
    instead of the current natural oakmoss/vanilla/patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Green Valley shouldn't be discontinued, that's insane.
    It should have it's base reformulated with an aventus type oakmoss/patch base,
    instead of the current natural oakmoss/vanilla/patch.
    I see your point, but I don't fully agree. You're proposing a significant change, and the result should have a new name, so that people who prefer the original formulation don't have to jump through hoops to figure out what a particular vendor is offering...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I actually emailed Creed earler today asking for a list of fragrances they plan to/have discontinued the last years. No answer yet though.

ThePerfumedCourt lists the following as discontinued (for what that is worth):
    Aubepine Acacia
    Selection Verte
    Royal Delight
    Orange Spice
    Cyprus Musc
    Cuir de Russie
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Vintage Tabarome
    Vetiver (1948 ?)
    Irisia

They also state that "Royal scottish lavender is being produced in limited quantities"
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

A scary list. I think (hope?) selection verte may stick as they have already clearly changed it and it still smells like SV and is still very good.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    A scary list. I think (hope?) selection verte may stick as they have already clearly changed it and it still smells like SV and is still very good.
    Yes. Remember they announced that they were discontinuing all but 2 of the private collection, and the two that were spared (likely because they're the most contemporary) were Selection Verte and Fleur de the Rose Bulgarie. I sure hope they don't stop producing either.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    I see your point, but I don't fully agree. You're proposing a significant change, and the result should have a new name, so that people who prefer the original formulation don't have to jump through hoops to figure out what a particular vendor is offering...
    It doesn't need to be Aventus base in whole (notice I used the word "type"), but if the problem w/ Green Valley is indeed being limited to using only trace amounts of oakmoss, then I think the Aventus oakmoss/patch accord would fit very nicely with the rest of the non-limited Green Valley ingredients, especially under the wonderful top and heart notes. But the greater question is why Green Valley's sales aren't better? (assuming that could be the reason it's on the chop block)

Thru all of this I hope there is a bright side.....I'm finding it very difficult to find a bright side!!! As stated.....if this news is true this list is very scary!!!
    Gary

If or when Creed confirm this, it can send shockwaves through the fanbase, especially after the recent positive news of topping the sales charts..
    -

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that discontinued list is the same one I saw earlier, from a Creed rep. I'm almost positive I saw it in another thread here, too. It included the ones on the immediate chopping block (VT and AE) plus others to be phased out.

I think there is a bright side. I see Creed introducing more new scents more frequently. More things like Windsor and Aventus (speaking before sniffing on that one, but a few fans are appearing already). I'm OK with the change, personally.

They need to keep Selection Verte. I will be majorly upset if they don't as I have been considering it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Oh my, all the best ones. Say it ain't so.

Better stock up on them now. They'll only increase in value. Plus, I really love many of these, and use them frequently.

ai yo....vetiver 48 and Selection Verte are two of my most favorites

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    I actually emailed Creed earler today asking for a list of fragrances they plan to/have discontinued the last years. No answer yet though.

Aubepine Acacia
    Selection Verte
    Royal Delight
    Orange Spice
    Cyprus Musc
    Cuir de Russie
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Vintage Tabarome
    Vetiver (1948 ?)
    Irisia

They also state that "Royal scottish lavender is being produced in limited quantities"
    What is interesting is looking at the prices at The Perfumed Court. Per mil, the following are most expensive at $11.99:

Vintage Tabarome
    Angelique Encens
    Fleurs de Gardenia (listed as Limited Edition, not as discontinued).
    Fleur de The Rose Bulgare
    Selection Verte
    Citrus Bigarrade

The next rung of "discontinueds" are at $7.99/ml.

I was contemplating selling my Citrus Bigarrade and Royal Scottish Lavender. I am rethinking those thoughts.

suddenly having a collection of close to 200 bottles doesn't seem so extravagant... as some of these gems are likely to disappear from the sales shelves sooner than I'd like to imagine.

Blog Entries

I'm anything but a Creed fan but this just sucks. All this regulation is absolute bullsh*t. I've yet to see lobster be banned cause some people are allergic...yet -__-

this is true i have iut confirmed as well. Happily i got my vetiver bottle and lots and lots of samples. the others i have no interest in, except vintage tab.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    this is true i have iut confirmed as well. Happily i got my vetiver bottle and lots and lots of samples. the others i have no interest in, except vintage tab.

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post

Aubepine Acacia
    Selection Verte
    Royal Delight
    Orange Spice
    Cyprus Musc
    Cuir de Russie
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Angelique Encens
    Jasmal
    Vintage Tabarome
    Vetiver (1948 ?)
    Irisia

Royal Delight?????? One Of My Favorites!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    i loled