Code of Conduct

Question spiritual fragrance!!!

hello friends! not had never confronted with a spiritual flavor?
    I mean, this flavor, perfume, fragrance, when you use it, lift up your soul, your mood improves and as you're walking through life high 5 inches off the floor, floating in a trance .... ...
    are all going to tell me to use perfumes in general is a mystical experience. but I'm just looking for one that generates more results .... spiritual fragrance, more than any
    I consider myself a spiritual person and would like some great innovation .... one for men and another for women .... I hope your best ideas ..... thanks in advance! I wonder your encyclopedic knowledge, remember! the more mystical, more spiritual! are unique!
    one that generates me this state of trance is the masterpiece of Gucci, Gucci 2 for men .... I look forward to your ideas .....!!

Default Re: spiritual fragrance!!!

One that comes to my mind is L'Artisan's Timbuktu. It's unisex as well. It's not really my cup of tea, but it has a bit of
    spiritual vibe to it.

This is a hard question to answer because for me, every fragrance that's beautiful has a meaningful spiritual dimension.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

To me, spiritual could mean anything from warm and intimate (Tea For Two), to barren landscapes (Encre Noire or Yatagan or something), to smoke and incense (Avignon), to sexual (declaration?)
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

some spiritually inclined notes:
    frankincense , agarwood , myrrh , sandalwood , patchouli , cloves , cinnamon

I don't think there is any scent that has spiritual properties besides personal associations.

I disagree with you, friend, and yes there are trends, and adds a subjective taste ..... not to say that there are spiritual potions created with this objective, however are those that have a tendency to have more arrival soul than others, and are those which for more you invent never would give not even a little jump.....

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    One that comes to my mind is L'Artisan's Timbuktu. It's unisex as well. It's not really my cup of tea, but it has a bit of spiritual vibe to it.
    I agree (except that it IS my cup of tea). A whiff of Timbuktu raises my spirits, for sure!

I would think something with sandalwood and/or frankincense might fit the bill - maybe Holy Water by La Via del Profumo.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Messe de Minuit Etro

Blog Entries

When I first sniffed Hermèssence Vetiver Tonka, I was so overjoyed, I shouted out "There IS a God!"

The explanation is a little complicated, but I do think there is a "spiritual" dimension to the fragrance.

Point Blank

CdG Kyoto. A scent for meditation.

MoslBuddJewChristHinDao or Unifaith for short. Check out the description on LuckyScent: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...ection=1&rv=on
    "Scent is very important. Strong fragrances suit some men, while citrus types suit others. I like my men to smell fresh and woody, but also like a man."
    Donatella Versace

I get a distinct spiritual and/or meditative feel from- oddly- Drakkar Noir and from Very Valentino for Men, even more strange, both scents have strong intellectual connotations to me

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I agree!

Basenotes Institution

I find the Ajne natural perfumes very spiritual .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Agree on this one, too!

Hillaire

smelling Ubar for the first time was a spiritual experience for me.

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens - this to me smells like the church incense. Perhaps same as Avignon, so I've read.

Blog Entries

I don't think this is quite what you are asking for. You are looking for a scent that makes you feel a spiritual connection personally. I get that. But the first fragrance I thought of when I read your thread title was Heeley Cardinal. I have not tried this one, but many of the reviews I've read say it reminds them of church (which I think was the creator's intent). It also has many of the notes mentioned above.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I agree!
    Definitely CDG Kyoto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

M7's (oud/agarwood) dry down is certainly the most grounding, calming, thing. Bois d'Encens (Armani Prive) is a great one as well as Tom Ford's Oud Wood.

Happy (Clinique) has certainly lifted a mood or two in my days gone by.

My Holy Grail is out there somewhere (I've smelled it) and it has elated me.

______

Female frags: Love in White -- heart moving
    Tommy Bahama -- calming and puts me in a good mood