Code of Conduct

Thumbs up SOTD Wednesday 04 August 2010

Helo all. have a great day

Mathilde Laurent's

ROADSTER

Cartier
    Last edited by socalwoman; 5th August 2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Day

DIORISSIMO

Les Créations de
    Monsieur Dior

Default Re: SOTF Wednesday 04 August 2010

Good Morning everyone!
    HYPNOTIC POISON is my scent of choice for today.

A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Morning, all! Been a while. I've been enjoying my L'eau d'Ambre a lot, but this morning I went out for an early pre-breakfast run and felt like something fresher. Hence:

I love the feeling this gives me at work. It does indeed make me feel powerful. But also elegant!

Basenotes Plus

The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hmmmm .... how do you find the new Mugler, Candy Perfume Boy?

I'm in an oldie, but goodie:

Replique, by Raphael.

Have a great day, all.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

I reek today!
    I'm trying out a few things, so I have Chanel No 22 in the crook of my right elbow, Cabochard edt (modern) on my right wrist, SJP's Lovely Twilight on my left wrist and Miss Dior edt (modern) in the crook of my left elbow. I'm kind of auditioning perfumes for a wedding I'm going to next month but I'm also deciding what last-minute additions are going to make it into my travel bag for a trip home to Wales to see my Mum and friends. I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks and I have a very healthy stash of perfumes at Mum's already, so it's more a case of checking what I absolutely can't live without for 2 weeks.

So far, I've decided that I'm leaving Cabochard here and that Chanel 22 is perfect to wear to the wedding. (Other strong contenders are Ormonde Jayne Woman, Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre and Guerlain's Vol de Nuit, though I'm going to have to revisit Nahema.) Just waiting for the musks in the SJP to kick in so I can assess it for the trip home, though it's likely to go just because I'm a ditherer.

Hope you're having a good day, wherever you are and whatever's on your mind.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Woke up wanting to wear Guerlain's Terra Cotta Voile d' Ete, Parfum d' Empires Osmanthis Interdite and Les Parfum de Rosine's Rosa Flamenca (the last two from decant's from a most wonderful Basenoter). And of course, there's always Dzing! which has become a real treasure. Perhaps I'll know which one to wear after I take my shower!!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Liu - Guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

I've been in Pleasures for the last two days. It's wierd but my Pleasures kind of smells like Lolita Lempicka on me today. Not complaining though. I love Lolita and I only have a half a spray left lol.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Hello Happy Day

Wearing from a sample :LOUKHOUM Eau POUDREE by Mecheri
    Loukhoum Eau Poudree is a gourmand version of the original Loukhoum perfume. It is charming, powdery and sugary blend of white rose, orris powder, violet leaf, narcissus, candied almond, Madagascar vanilla and crystalline musk.
    I like its sweetness it's like a sugared candy
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning everyone.Weird mood today...Kind of met this guy at the festival I went to some weeks ago. It was only a fling and he lives in Switzerland....But still i find myself in real mood changes all the time now... Well at least I'm loving my new addition in my perfume collection, Moksha (love the name too) Hope you all have a nice day!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 4th August 2010 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Hello Happy Day

Wearing from a sample :LOUKHOUM Eau POUDREE by Mecheri
    Loukhoum Eau Poudree is a gourmand version of the original Loukhoum perfume. It is charming, powdery and sugary blend of white rose, orris powder, violet leaf, narcissus, candied almond, Madagascar vanilla and crystalline musk.
    I like its sweetness it's like a sugared candy
    Wow, I didn't know that the original Loukhoum could get more gourmand!
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Thanks to Wordbird's mention in her SOTD post, I'm wearing Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Hmmmm .... how do you find the new Mugler, Candy Perfume Boy?

I'm in an oldie, but goodie:

Replique, by Raphael.

Have a great day, all.
    Personally I love it but I don't think the salty element is pronounced enough for it to be a hit on the boards. Worth a try though and the bottle is gorgeous!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that the original Loukhoum could get more gourmand!
    I love KM Loukhoum! Maybe this is a "lighter" version, hence the "eau"? I love powdery frags, too. Must try this!

Today I´m in Alien (TM), but there is a note in it that disturbes the lovely, indolic jasmine...

(((ineespenes))) I know how you feel! Take good care of yourself!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

(((ineespenes))) I know how you feel! Take good care of yourself! [/QUOTE]

Thanks Well...there's always facebook,but don't wanna "bother him" too much....Feel like a 14 year old now...*blushing*

Vintage Coty L'Aimant, catching lovely little whiffs of myself all the time. Powder, creamy, vanillic sandalwood and for whatever reason, I'm getting musk, too.

Good Morning All. I thought it was me, I'm in a weird mood also. My SOTD is Reese Whitherspoon's 'IN BLOOM' loving the magnolia note,(ya all) Have a great and safe day.

Wonderful SotD. around here!

I'M WEARING Santa Maria Novella Angels of Florence which kind of reminds me of J'Adore.

Cartier Roadster

Hello everyone!

Sharing the house with sophi, I'm in the delicate and breezy beauty of Keiko Mecheri's White Petals.

By the way, as another adoring fan of Keiko Mecheri and her Loukhoums, here's my take on them.
    The original Loukhoum is absolutely a gourmand - it's yummy, sticky-sweet and almondy Turkish Delight! Loukhoum eau Poudrée is just a bit sweeter to my nose, maybe more "candied" somehow but not any lighter...and oddly enough, I think Loukhoum is actually more powdery than eau Poudrée, possibly due to Loukhoum's hawthorne note. Then there's the Parfum du Soir - I didn't want to love it, but it's just too gorgeous not to! I find it to be a rosier and more elegant version of the original, although it's still extremely delicious. They're all quite similar, but I think their differences make them each covet-worthy. I'd love to own one of those wonderful boxed sets of all three - that would be heavenly!

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Blog Entries

Atelier Orange Sanguine from a sample received at Neiman Marcus.

Blog Entries

Profumum-
    Dulcis in Fundo

Creamy, citrus-flavored vanilla.
    Childhood memories abound,
    and new ones are created.
    Delight your senses.

Mexican vanilla bean is the key.
    Last edited by kumquat; 4th August 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

N°5

Eau de Parfum
    and pure parfum

Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

Basenotes Institution

Inees- hugs for you .
    Wow- everyone is smelling gorgoeus today from Loukhoum , Dulcis In Fundo , Hypnotic Poison ! Keep it up ,gals ! You ALL smell wonderful !
    Thanks to redrose's suggestion ,I am wearing Aromatics Elixir ( original ) with touchs of rose otto. Divine. It truly is.....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Our visitors went home this morning and the house is eerily empty and quiet without two little boys running around in it. My new name is Inter-galactic Aunt S---, btw. The poor dog is sleeping it off in the corner. I'm trying out some SJP Lovely this morning, which I didn't really like when it first came out, but I'm enjoying it today. Well, I've always had a fickle nose/chemistry. Hope all here are well.

Basenotes Plus

Chamade edt...everywhere! Love this! I do, I do.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Moschino, it's fantastically rich and spicy today.

Bowling Green (Geoffrey Beene)

Basenotes Plus

Etro Ambra. Such a lovely, well balanced amber. Definitely on the sweeter end of the amber scale, yet there's an airiness to it that keeps it out of cloying territory.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed Millesime Imperial today. Watermellon heaven
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sweet Oriental Dream - Montale from a sample.
    A sweet gourmand for me too, today, lovely, even in this heat!

Ummm, all-y'all really are smelling good...

Lilybelle, LOL, poor dog sleeping off the effects of two small boys!

Wearing Fendi Theorema today. (yes, bit the bullet and got a bottle off ebay before they disappear entirely!) This will be even nicer as a fall scent, I think... but it's light enough for our hot humid day as well. The cinnamon and spices read as incense to me, which I enjoy in summer.

Wore Comme de Garçons Play last night after a dip in the pool.

We are under an "Excessive Heat Warning" according to the National Weather Service. It's supposed to get up to 102 degrees with 40% humidity for a heat index of 11. Yikes! I'm staying cool with Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Women. I'm hoping it will be light enough that I won't be scolded by other choir members this evening.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Testing … 1, 2 … testing …

Atelier Grand Neroli on the left wrist. The top notes were sweet-orange delish for a short time, and now it's gone boring and a little stinky.
    • Top notes: Moroccan neroli, lemon, Sicilian bergamot, petitgrain
    • Heart notes: Persian galbanum, moss, birch leaves
    • Base notes: clean musk, white amber, vanilla from Madagascar

Atelier Trefle Pur on the right wrist. I rather like this, and I should given the notes include many favorites, but it's so darn hard to smell! Maybe I'm totally missing the evasive violet.
    • Top notes: bitter orange, cardamon, basilic
    • Heart notes: clover absolute, violet leaves, Tunisian neroli
    • Base notes: patchouli moss, musk

Meh. At least they're not scrubbers.

Toodles, tots.

I am a scent twin with RHM. I too am wearing the amazing Chamade edt. I will love this fragrance forever and ever!!!

Hello dear BNers! Thanks for your cheery good wishes and thoughts on the little one's entry into 1st grade. Hope you all are having a wonderful day. Kind of indecisive this morning, so I just went with a no-brainer...

SOTD: JM Vintage Gardenia

Good evening, everybody. I hope you've all had excellent days. I got home from work and found my package of Gorilla Perfume samples from Lush, so I thought I'd babble through my impressions. Er, because these are my scents of the evening. I reek at the moment!

Tuca Tuca - Vile violet, it made me nauseous, I had to scrub it off. I like violet, but not this much of it. So sweet and cloying.
    The Smell of Freedom - A disappointment. Neither woody nor spicy on my skin.
    Imogen Rose - Interesting. Reminded me of Tauer's Vetiver Dance - the vetiver accord is strong. I don't get much rose from it. It's initially quite powdery, but that fades. It's not as wild as Vetiver Dance. Good thing? Bad thing? I'm quite fond of Vetiver Dance, it's such a riot, so I guess for me it's a bad thing.
    Karma - But where did it go? Seriously, I just put this on ten minutes ago. Ridiculous.
    Orange Blossom - Pretty but mild. It reminds me of the essential oils I dabbled with as a teenager. Not sure I want to smell like this now.
    Vanillary - I'm really not sure what to do with this one! I like it a lot. It's the smokiest vanilla I've ever smelled, but I love smoky perfumes. I'll probably buy this, it's pleasantly unusual.
    Lust - Another one I'm tempted to buy. Apparently I'm a sucker for jasmine. This is all jasmine, not much wood here. It smells a little skanky to me! But it also reminds me of 24, Faubourg. And Joy. Wow, foolish comparisons, but that's where my brain goes. So I guess Lust isn't all skank.

Those are my brief, brief thoughts. I'm looking forward to testing these in more depth over the coming days, particularly Vanillary and Lust. But, god, I won't be touching Tuca Tuca again. No way!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTF Wednesday 04 August 2010

Shaal Nur by Etro..........................................day

Cabaret by Gris.............................................. after 5

Candy Perfume Boy, musse, and I are making it a Thierry Mugler trifecta today! I'm wearing Angel.

Basenotes Institution

Carnal Flower for me this afternoon !

Blog Entries

While out at the mall at Farmington, I tried Ninfeo Mio again. Alas, it has that sweet brown sugar/vanilla Yankee kind of candle smell as it dries down. Too bad.

Had a nice chat with an SA at Sephora named Alex. Alex has over 80 perfumes but was unaware of the niche world of perfumes, or Basenotes, even. Hopefully he'll look us up now.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis Havana re-issue tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good evening everyone!

I'm in my mother's vintage Infini parfum tonight. I get my perfumista tendencies from my mom, and we have very similar tastes and wardrobes. She brought me my own bottle of Infini (my first bottle of pure parfum aside from minis) from Paris over thirty years ago...I think I was eight. I swooned, and it's been my favorite Caron ever since.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Mmmm... you are all smelling nummy today! I'm working on a packet of Caron samples that's making the rounds. So far, have tried Acaciosa (wow!), Tubereuse (very nice!), and – today's – Or et Noir (compelling, but heavier than I usually go for). This is fun!

This evening I m craving our own DocElly's Luzonica! Wore TerraNova's Rain earlier today..can't find pic.

Basenotes Institution

For night- I can't resist Une Rose Chypree by Andy Tauer. I tell you ,the man is a genius.

SOTN - Caron Nuit de Noel.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Mountainear, I'm in a Caron for SotE, too! Mine is Farnesiana. Still haven't made up my mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Mountainear, I'm in a Caron for SotE, too! Mine is Farnesiana. Still haven't made up my mind about it.
    So what IS Farnesiana like, dear Haunani? Did I ever mention that I once had a dream about Farnesiana? So ever since then, it's been on my "must sample" list. :P

Tonight I'm trying 2 from the Ineke sampler - Evening Edged in Gold (left arm) & Field Notes from Paris (right arm). Hm