Code of Conduct

Thread: - el De Vtiver

Default - el De Vtiver

Good stuff.
    Last edited by md1grwl; 24th August 2010 at 02:07 AM.

Default Re: The Different Company - Sel De Vetiver

I love this. It happens to be my "scent of the day" for today. And I'm not even at the beach.
    Jan Pieter

I love it too. I only get the beachy connection if I really think about it. It does give off a "salty" vibe...but not "beach" salt to me. Clean salt. The idea of salt. Whatever that means.

Mostly, I just get a nice, sharp, unique, astringent vetiver.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 4th August 2010 at 06:49 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Beautiful fragrance.. absolutely sings in the heat.

Yeah, this is marvelous stuff. The vetiver/iris accord was such a stroke of inspiration.

Blog Entries

Consider a split on a pack of travel refills. That's how I did it. The price was reasonable, and the amount has been plenty for me.

This one is too good not to have if you love it. I've probably gotten the strongest compliments about any frags I've worn with it. TDC has some other great ones. I really recommend the sampler for people who are interested. Jasmin de Nuit is really wowing me now.

Chandler Burr seemed positively giddy in his review of SdV (I think he called it a "goddess" or something), but after wearing this stuff, I would not disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Consider a split on a pack of travel refills. That's how I did it. The price was reasonable, and the amount has been plenty for me.
    Do you know if it's possible to get a refill pack with three different scents in the refills? I see that you can get the travel pack with three refills, but it appears they're all of one scent. I suppose I could just email and ask...

Also, can you get the refills without the travel pack?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I love it and find it bears a certain resemblance to Beach by P. Morabito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Do you know if it's possible to get a refill pack with three different scents in the refills? I see that you can get the travel pack with three refills, but it appears they're all of one scent. I suppose I could just email and ask...

Also, can you get the refills without the travel pack?
    Yes, you can get the refills without the travel pack, but I'm pretty sure it has to be all 3 the same scent. That's what it was for us. TDC has 3x10 mL for $85, and www.rarecosmetics.com has them for $75. There may be an import tariff on the TDC purchase, too - there is on 50 mL bottles.

My bottle of Bois d'Iris (another star in the TDC lineup IMO) is a "Long Trip" Refill -- a rather plain 50 ml glass bottle made to sit inside the metal Long Trip case. Seems to be still available at the TDC website (navigate beginning with "Bottles" rather than "Travel"). The SdV refill is $90/50 ml, compared to $135/50 ml for the (admittedly handsome) regular bottle...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I also Love this scent!!! This is probably my favorite Vetiver in my collection.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I love it too. I only get the beachy connection if I really think about it. It does give off a "salty" vibe...but not "beach" salt to me. Clean salt. The idea of salt. Whatever that means.

Mostly, I just get a nice, sharp, unique, astringent vetiver.
    Yeah, I get this too. Personally, if I didn't get the salt note from its name, I would not have guessed it because it blends so well with the vetiver note to uplift the very earthy flavor of it. Awesome.