Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Michael Kors for men or creed Tabarome Millesime

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Kors for men

19 59.38%
  • Creed Tabarome Millesime

13 40.63%

Default Michael for men or Tabarome Millesime.

Which of these two tobacco-based scents do you prefer? I own T-M but have not tested Michael. Is it some similarities?

Default Re: Michael for men or Tabarome Millesime.

Neither are among my favorites, but of the two I prefer Michael Kors. It's fuller, richer, longer lasting, more satisfying to me overall.

I find the two dissimilar. Tabarome Millesime has a lot of ginger in the opening, which tends to dominate the tobacco note for most of the life of the fragrance. It is in comparison a lighter, leaner, drier fragrance than Michael. I like it, but prefer the fullness and richness of Michael. It has been a long time since I've worn Michael, so it's difficult for me to comment more fully on the notes.
    Last edited by noggs; 4th August 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    but of the two I prefer Michael Kors. It's fuller, richer, longer lasting, more satisfying to me overall.
    That is how I feel also.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Kors

It depends on what you need it for. I agree that Kors is thicker, richer, more satisfying but only if you need your fragrance to be a Trojan. If you need to wear it in a setting where refinement, smooth gentle wafts would work better, then Tabarome Millesime might be the choice. If you want more of the power house, get kors. TM has great longevity but is not as brutal.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

So they are different enough to own both? I`m a big fan of scents like Bel Ami, Equipage, Amouage Epic/XXV, Rochas Lui etc. Maby I would like M-K?

Yes, they are very much different enough to own both. I like Tabarome Millesime a lot. It's fairly distinctive to me with it's citrus, ginger and tobacco.

Michael Kors I haven't worn in awhile, but I remember it fondly. It is much more of a "blended" scent to me, with a lot of notes working in harmony moreso than TM. There is tobacco, but I also remember a pretty prominent patchouli as well. It's a nice scent. May be more "traditional" than TM.

Scentologist notes above I agree with as well. MK is pretty strong stuff as I recall.

They are very different. The Kors scent is very sweet, while I find Tabarome to be very dry.

I find the Kors scent to be more similar in style to Burberry London or Tobacco Vanille, though it's certainly not the same as either of those.

Tabarome is by far the better of the two, in my view.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 14th August 2010 at 11:52 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

They are different enough to own both.

I have both but prefer the Kors. The dominant ginger in TM more or less ruins what would have been a great Creed release for me.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sounds intresting. If Michael is thick, rich, sweet powerhouse, it`s definitively something I must try out!

Tabarome Millesime for sure.

I can only speak to Michael... I recall it being a sort of fruity tobacco and leather frag. Relatively "thick" and blended together. Sort of the way I feel about Opium PH. A very solid "mainstream" designer scent. Perhaps Creed could give more of a sophisticated impression, but I would think MfM wouldn't intimidate.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I have to go with Tabarome!!!
    Gary

I'm glad to see that people aren't just automatically jumping on the Creed bandwagon on this.

Though I don't own Michael Kors For Men, I have sampled it a couple of times, and I am very impressed that a mainstream designer label like MK released such a bold fragrance like this. It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is far from your typical aquatic or woody fresh scent you see in every department store. It's bold, spicy and pretty daring for a designer scent.

Creed, on the other hand, is just copying itself again with Tabarome Millesime. I can barely tell any difference between it and Silver Mt. Water, Millesime Imperial or Himalaya. Another sports fragrance accord buried under a screaming woody amber. I do not like Creed's Millesime fragrances.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I'm glad to see that people aren't just automatically jumping on the Creed bandwagon on this.

Though I don't own Michael Kors For Men, I have sampled it a couple of times, and I am very impressed that a mainstream designer label like MK released such a bold fragrance like this. It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is far from your typical aquatic or woody fresh scent you see in every department store. It's bold, spicy and pretty daring for a designer scent.

Creed, on the other hand, is just copying itself again with Tabarome Millesime. I can barely tell any difference between it and Silver Mt. Water, Millesime Imperial or Himalaya. Another sports fragrance accord buried under a screaming woody amber. I do not like Creed's Millesime fragrances.
    Blasphemy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Two very different fragrances. I voted for Tabarome Millesime, because it's so distinctive. Kors for Men is fine stuff, but it reminds me of several other scents. Best advice: get both, even if you can afford only samples. They're both pretty strong. Samples should last a while.

MfM is very rich, whereas TM is only distinguished by the strong vegetal ginger opening, which most people don't even seem to like (I do). MfM is a bit metallic/synthetic to me, but otherwise a great bargain. I'm currently trying to make it more "natural" and wearable by blending it with Ambra by Etro and some vodka.

I didnt vote coz I dont have them both....Michael Kors however is probably my favourite scent...very powerful, rich, refined, projects well and lasts forever.

Neither last long enough on me with strength to be truly satisfying.
    Renato

Creed Tabarome gets my vote! Im shocked that I actually enjoy this frag & own it!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Quote Originally Posted by thatsmr2usir View Post
    Creed Tabarome gets my vote! Im shocked that I actually enjoy this frag & own it!
    Shocked!? Why?

If you can find Michael for the price I just did, it's well worth it. I just picked up a 4.2oz bottle from TJ Maxx on clearance for $14.99. That's a markdown from $60, to $29.99, to $24.99, to $14.99.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    If you can find Michael for the price I just did, it's well worth it. I just picked up a 4.2oz bottle from TJ Maxx on clearance for $14.99. That's a markdown from $60, to $29.99, to $24.99, to $14.99.
    Thanks for the advice, but I have already order a bottle from Strawberry..

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Neither are among my favorites, but of the two I prefer Michael Kors. It's fuller, richer, longer lasting, more satisfying to me overall.

I find the two dissimilar. Tabarome Millesime has a lot of ginger in the opening, which tends to dominate the tobacco note for most of the life of the fragrance. It is in comparison a lighter, leaner, drier fragrance than Michael. I like it, but prefer the fullness and richness of Michael. It has been a long time since I've worn Michael, so it's difficult for me to comment more fully on the notes.
    He nailed it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Kors.

I love it, it's reasonably priced, great longevity, well blended and distinctive.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

New Tabarome for me. Simpler, smoother, with delicious (to me) contrast of ginger and blond (I think) tobacco.

Not the fuzzy graceless too-much-going on blitz that is that Michael Kors thing.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If you are looking for a quality tobacco note, there is no contest - Michael smells decent but its pipe tobacco note is one of the most synthetic ones around. Some times it comes off as rudimentary as a 2nd grade students crayon drawing..

Tabarome M. has some issues with its ginger note being off-balance in some batches but if you get a good bottle the crisp citrus, ginger, and tobacco notes flow seamless....the tobacco note is especially raw and alive when it comes through.

If you just want a tobacco note mixed in with the composition, either can do the trick...try before you buy.
    -

I am in the Mike Kors camp ( I feel I can refer my bottle as Mike, and not Michael, since we have been together for a while now )
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'm loving me some Dreamer right now as I sit here wallowing in the tobacco note as the amber smooths it out and the touch of iris picks it up nicely. I've really become a fan of the tobacco note though it's funny cause I don't smoke it, not ever, not even one puff and really have a big issue with the smoke of it to the point of getting me sick.

I do like D&G pour Homme, D&G The One and Tom Ford Extreme with their renditions of the tobacco note.

Unburnt tobacco though I have always appreciated the smell of it. I saw MK at TJ Maxx for like $15 near me maybe I'll pick it up just to see what all the fuss is about. I tested it on paper and was really not impressed at all but for so cheap I can get a bottle and stew in it for a day or two and see if my initial impression was off base.

I also am going to visit my local Creed dealer and take a few healthy whiffs of some Creeds including Tabarome. See if I can stand that Creed house note enough to enjoy the tobacco base. I'm not a fan of that note they put in many of their frags.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!