Code of Conduct

Thread: Cabaret.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Cabaret.

I happened to check the fragrances at Marshall's today and came away with Cabaret EDP 3.4oz. When I got home there was something strange about the bottle so I compared it with an older bottle I have. Snap, they have left the red pattern off of the bottle now; that is the pattern is there just no red color. Of course, I immediately sampled the juice to see if it had been reformulated, but I could not detect a difference even though the color of the juice seems a bit lighter in color. I just thought this info might be of some use to some of you. Incidentally the price was unbelievably low.

Default Re: Cabaret.

Hi N. Tesla,

My brother posted something about this not long ago. He noticed the same difference in the bottle (no red on it) and wondered whether there was a defective batch of bottles produced without the color, or whether they've just changed it. On my bottle, the red does have a tendency to flake off. According to him, the frag is as good as ever.

N_Tesla, my bottle has no red on it either. That makes several comments now that I've read about the clear bottle. Maybe that's how it's being made now (??). I've even wondered whether I should buy some glass paint at a crafts store and paint mine - I really wanted that carnival looking bottle. But I'm so pleasantly surprised by this scent's lightness and crispness that I might go for a paler rose tint.

Blog Entries

lilybelle; I guess I had better keep my old bottle since there has been this change. The juice looks a bit lighter in color to me also.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    N_Tesla, my bottle has no red on it either. That makes several comments now that I've read about the clear bottle. Maybe that's how it's being made now (??). I've even wondered whether I should buy some glass paint at a crafts store and paint mine - I really wanted that carnival looking bottle. But I'm so pleasantly surprised by this scent's lightness and crispness that I might go for a paler rose tint.

Hillaire

I have the new one, and I have had the other, too. I think the new one smells just as good, though I wonder if it lasts as long?

Frankly I find both bottles a little unattractive, but the new one is less interesting to me than the old.

To me, this stuff smells just like Lady Vengeance.

Yes, both bottles are rather ugly. But at least with the red on the glass to match the cap it seems more intentionally ugly (or gaudy, I should say). The juice in the bottle I have doesn't last very long on my skin, and I rarely have that problem, so it may well have been lightened up somewhat. Actually, I was very pleasantly surprised by how easily wearable I find it. I was expecting something much more patchouli dominant and statement-like. I've never sniffed Lady Vengeance, but I'll take your word on it, Hillaire.

Basenotes Plus

smoochies to you hillaire and lillybelle Admissions that Cabaret's bottle is ugly!
    Joking aside- This scent has really grown on me in the past year - I recently picked up the shower gel at Marshall's for $3
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    smoochies to you hillaire and lillybelle Admissions that Cabaret's bottle is ugly!
    Joking aside- This scent has really grown on me in the past year - I recently picked up the shower gel at Marshall's for $3
    The shower gel for a cool shower on a hot summer day sounds perfecto!

Let's face it: the bottle, red or no, is really tacky. But in a fun, intentionally over-the-top way. I wear all kinds of female perfumes and this is the only one I was really embarrassed about when my father saw it in the bathroom on a recent trip home. But golly, it's a good fragrance and an absolute bargain. It always strikes me that it's not very strong in intensity, but it lasts FOREVER. Must be the musk.

Blog Entries

Today I saw yet another version of the Cabaret 3.4oz bottle. This one doesn't have the red on the bottle either and further has a red plastic looking cap instead of the heavy metal one. Interesting.