Code of Conduct

Default Had another Creed Rep confirm today

that Green Valley is all but gone. He also said (regarding freshness) that the lot/serial #s on the bottle did not mean the year it was bottled (he was VERY sure of himself, almost amused at the question). He also said the 7-8 year shelf life of any particular bottle did not begin until the first "squirt" (at that point the juice has been exposed to oxygen). Thought about it, and I remembered I always wondered why certain store bought groceries say "refrigerate after opening". I mean, what am I doing besides opening it that dictates it can sit in my pantry one day but better be in the fridge the next? Thoughts?

Default Re: Had another Creed Rep confirm today

Well, unless the bottles are filled in a "clean room" environment and oxygen is flushed out before being sealed, the contents are already exposed to oxygen. Oxygen is oxygen regardless if it's in Paris or if it's in Los angeles when the bottle gets its first "squirt." I could be wrong, I'm no expert Creed rep.

Blog Entries

Normally id say something like "dont buy more than youre gunna use" but since this stuffs discontinued...id try to usual long-storage tactics, cool, regulated environment. Plus id try to look for new stuff to replace the discontinued Creeds, unless youre getting a lifetime supply, but idk if thats possible considering the natural ingredients...I really feel for all the Creed fans, if this happened to a favorite house of mine, id be livid. Good luck with this predicament!

Sad, too, because Green Valley is one of their best, IMO. I'm tempted to stock up now. You can find it many places online at well-discounted prices.

2 things come to mind:

1. Creed sales rep is full of sh!t, as 2 of the 3 things you mention him saying seem patently false, and the other is remaining to be seen. And of course it only improves the chance of you buying something if he says it's a goner. We'll see.

2. Creed may be readying the release of a fragrance they felt was too stylistically close to green valley, perhaps even using many of the same accords, and they figure the sales lost by deading green valley will be gained back and furthered by the future scent using the same green leafy grassy mintiness. *crosses fingers for GV top + stronger Aventus base*

we will have to wait and see won't we
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

In my blog, there is a post that has a quotation direct from Olivier Creed about what the dates on the millésimes mean here. You might want to read that, just to get the thing about Creed's system from the "horse's mouth."
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Blog Entries

^Very nice, Jaime, and very interesting - thanks for the pointer to your post!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog22 View Post
    that Green Valley is all but gone. He also said (regarding freshness) that the lot/serial #s on the bottle did not mean the year it was bottled (he was VERY sure of himself, almost amused at the question). He also said the 7-8 year shelf life of any particular bottle did not begin until the first "squirt" (at that point the juice has been exposed to oxygen). Thought about it, and I remembered I always wondered why certain store bought groceries say "refrigerate after opening". I mean, what am I doing besides opening it that dictates it can sit in my pantry one day but better be in the fridge the next? Thoughts?
    by "Creed rep", do you mean someone at the Creed Boutique told you this?

or was it someone at Saks or Neiman Marcus?

trust only what the Boutique people tell you. the Saks and NM "reps" will tell you it cures cancer to get you to buy a bottle.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thanks Jaime. Millesime does indeed mean 'year' in French, something I did not know until I read your blog.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    In my blog, there is a post that has a quotation direct from Olivier Creed about what the dates on the millésimes mean here. You might want to read that, just to get the thing about Creed's system from the "horse's mouth."
    I wish i didnt read that, now i wanna go buy some Creeds just cause of that lol

Creed appears to be de-emphasizing the term millésime currently. See: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/257...-(USA)-Website.

How can they kill Green Valley? it's really modern and simply smells great. The violet leaf/mint topnotes are great and it only gets better as it dries down to its mossy, patchouli sandalwood base. If anything, Creed should have tried to make Green Valley more prominent in their line. It's up there with the best of their releases.