Code of Conduct

Default Perfumania.com legit?

It seems like they sell authentic colognes as they have a couple stores in the US, but I am out of reasonable driving distance to any of them. However, I'm just wondering whether these may be old stock with scents fading? Or maybe they buy overstocked stuff that has been in a hot warehouse for a long time causing scents to change?

Anyone had any experience with these guys? Prices are tempting. Looking to pick up a bottle of Armani Code

Blog Entries

Default Re: Perfumania.com legit?

Their stores are fine. I've gotten good stuff there - never a bad bottle. Selection isn't always 100%, but the stock is good. I would imagine that the online is fine, too.

Also consider fragrancenet.com - their stock is good, and includes some oldies and discontinueds. Their packing is marginal, but they will refund a broken bottle no problem.

They are as legit as any discount frag retailer. They actually have several stores in the U.S. Whenever I've been in one, they mention the website and that some sales are web only or store only. I'm sure some of their bottles' expiration dates are rapidly approaching- They never (that I know of) have brand new frags and, again, it's a discount retailer. I've bought from them probably 10 times and never been disappointed with the quality of my purchase. Ask what's new, so you'll know that the bottles are as "fresh" as they could be in that situation.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Really appreciate the feedback - I'll give em a shot! I've ordered from fragrancenet and got a great product, but perfumania is about $10 cheaper

Legit yes.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Safe to buy from.

Default Perfumania.com legit?

They are safe to buy from and will fix any issues you have.

Legit fragrances yes. Outdated and old stock yes. Choose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Castro View Post
    Legit fragrances yes. Outdated and old stock yes. Choose wisely.
    im wondering if this is the case. i bought a bottle of versace eau fraiche, just sprayed it and it doesnt seem sharp and crisp as i think it should be, smells kind of like a sticky sweet smell

My first, and so far only, experience with Perfumania was to purchase a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver at their retail location in the Mall of America right outside Minneapolis. I did research on this scent, love vetiver in general, and wanted to buy locally and in person. I tried a sample and liked the scent, so bought a 4.2 oz bottle. However, over the past week I have been very disappointed by the total lack of longevity that I have experienced wearing this fragrance. I then searched online and found out that what I had bought was produced in 2005!!

I am a fragrance newbie and understand that stuff can keep for a while, but was sad to realize my bottle was that old. I want to give this another honest try, so I might purchase a newly stocked bottle from somewhere with fresher inventory.

wondering how exactly u found out your bottle is from 2005?

From what I could tell after looking at several other posts on here and elsewhere on the Internet, I concluded that from the look of the box, along with the 5L02 batch number on the bottom of the box, that is was from 2005. Several websites and posts on here explain how to read batch numbers on perfumes. I could be wrong, but that is my conclusion. My basic complaint is that this seems to last 5 minutes on me, with no real drydown, like it has degraded or something. From all the glowing reviews of this fragrance, it seems unlikely to be so lackluster in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by light94 View Post
    It seems like they sell authentic colognes as they have a couple stores in the US, but I am out of reasonable driving distance to any of them. However, I'm just wondering whether these may be old stock with scents fading? Or maybe they buy overstocked stuff that has been in a hot warehouse for a long time causing scents to change?

Anyone had any experience with these guys? Prices are tempting. Looking to pick up a bottle of Armani Code
    I would never purchase from Perfumania again. I recently purchased Angel from Perfumania, got a good deal, etc., etc. But, the fragrance does not have the lasting power nor does the dry down smell like patchouli which is why I like this scent. The packing was legit, but the fragrance is incredibly weak and one dimensional. Personally, I think they sell old merchandise. Maybe the oils have expired in the formulation? I don't know. But, I am a firm believer that you only get what you pay for. I will never buy from them again. If it doesn't smell right it's not a bargain. Well, at least the bottle is refillable.