Code of Conduct

Default Aubepine Acacia and Ambre Canelle

am I crazy thinking I can pull these "womens" fragrances off? They smell masculine (and wonderful) to me.

any guys out there that wear either of these fragrances that can give me some support (or discouragement)?

I know Aubepine Acacia is discontinues, and I think Ambre Canelle will be soon. So I am considering getting a bottle of AC if I can find it. It is still listed on creedboutique.com, but says it is "temporarily out of stock".

zztopp, i know you wear Love in Black, which is definitely on the feminine side (in my opinion). any thoughts on these guys?

Default Re: Aubepine Acacia and Ambre Canelle

I used to have a bottle of Ambre Canelle, and found it more on the masculine side of unisex.

Creed categorise it as unisex on their UK site, but as feminine on the US / boutique site...

Unfortunately I've never had the chance to try Aubepine Acacia...

I don't find Ambre Canelle to be too feminine for a guy to wear. It reminds me of a less spicy Cinnabar. A bit like Paul Sebastian PS. Somewhat barbershop. I don't wear it much though. It feels a bit lost in time. Though I like it, I can always find something else that I'd rather wear. I think it might be really good when worn with a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I don't find Ambre Canelle to be too feminine for a guy to wear. It reminds me of a less spicy Cinnabar. A bit like Paul Sebastian PS. Somewhat barbershop. I don't wear it much though. It feels a bit lost in time. Though I like it, I can always find something else that I'd rather wear. I think it might be really good when worn with a suit.
    yea, i love the "old world-ness" of it. it's like a relic. a classic. that being said, it still smells wonderful. i remember one reviewer (might have been good ole DustB) saying "it's less a fragrance to wear than it is to WORSHIP".

a worthy addition to any collection. now i just have to find some...

I've tried Aubepine, and like it. I find it to be more aromatic than sweet/floral. It has lots of haunting, interesting notes. JaneDaly is a huge fan of it, and she's got great taste & a keen nose. I think it could easily be worn by a guy.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I own both. I occasionally wear and enjoy each. Wear what you like to wear. 'Masculine' and 'feminine' fragrances are mostly constructs of the market.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I have owned both, and I traded AA away as it trended towards a bit more feminine than I wanted. I do wear some "branded as" feminine fragrances, but this didn't hold me.

AC, on the other hand, it total old school barbershop to me. Find it rather un-feminine, to be honest. This one, I believe, can be found on scentiments.com these days, also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I've tried Aubepine, and like it. I find it to be more aromatic than sweet/floral. It has lots of haunting, interesting notes. JaneDaly is a huge fan of it, and she's got great taste & a keen nose. I think it could easily be worn by a guy.
    That's a good recommendation - I'll have to give this a try. As for Ambre Canalle, I tried it when I was looking for an amber scent to love - while that did not work out, I never thought it was too femme. Just not the right amber for me.

I respect them both as compositions, but would never wear them myself. Perhaps in the right situation each would be good onb the right female. But if you like them and want to try to pull them off, there's really no option but to wear them several times at least. Enjoy.

I find A. Acacia to be quite clear and distinct, but too feminine for me...feminine as is in too floral, which is why I don't wear most classic Chanels. Love in Black I wear because even though it starts with dewy sweet violets, it morphs into woody iris and cedar with an organic stinky note before landing on a rose base. I can wear Ambre Canelle and dont think its too feminine...the spicy cinnamon and amber base make it unisex enough.
    -

Love them both, own Ambre Canalle, but find them both a little femme for me. Still, a little dose of Ambre Canalle on a chilly night really cheers me up. And strangely, my wife says "no, not for women" when she sampled Ambre Canalle. There's no telling. . .

I'm a woman and even I find Ambre Canalle too femme for me!
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

^^haha... well now i'm back at square one!