Code of Conduct

Thread: Chanel Help

Red face Chanel Help

Bonjour Les Amis,

I am going to buy a new fragrance. I want something sexy.

I have had Coco Mademoiselle. While I think it is nice and very wearable, I do not understand the sex factor that people have been praising it for.

What, then, would you chose as the more mature of the two: Chanel Allure EDP or Coco Mademoiselle EDP.
    Is Allure too airy and sheer?

I usually go for orientals and some heavy florals. I want something that lives up to the No. 5, Coco, Allure Sensuelle, Obsession and Estee Lauder Beautiful in my collection. Which of the two would do that best?

I think Dior Cherie is lovely but too young. I want to be taken seriously. Thoughts?

I am in the 20-24 range.

Merci

- C xx
    Last edited by mademoiselle-c; 27th June 2011 at 10:27 PM.

Default Re: Chanel Help

I don't find Allure airy and sheer. If you aren't very happy with Coco Mademoiselle, I would try Allure rather than just the EdP, also because you mentioned you liked Allure Sensuelle. I still don't see Allure as a particularly sexy scent though. Not a big Miss Dior Cherie fan.

I am going to say neither does. I agree with you that Coco Mademoiselle, while good, is a little too fruity to convey the impression of maturity. Certainly, it's more mature than Dior Cherie, but still, not quite enough. However, I don't like Allure (too sheer, grim, artificial).

Why not explore other Chanels instead? Chanel no. 19 is certainly more mature, as is Cristalle. But if the budget allows, you can check the luscious Bois des Isles (an oriental), or the big, floral-leathery Cuir de Russie; unfortunately, they are in the exclusive line, ie they cost $115 for 75 ml or $215 for 200ml.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I am going to say neither does. I agree with you that Coco Mademoiselle, while good, is a little too fruity to convey the impression of maturity. Certainly, it's more mature than Dior Cherie, but still, not quite enough. However, I don't like Allure (too sheer, grim, artificial).

Why not explore other Chanels instead? Chanel no. 19 is certainly more mature, as is Cristalle. But if the budget allows, you can check the luscious Bois des Isles (an oriental), or the big, floral-leathery Cuir de Russie; unfortunately, they are in the exclusive line, ie they cost $115 for 75 ml or $215 for 200ml.

cacio
    I would truly love to try les exclusives but I have no way to get my hands on them without blindly ordering from holt renfrew. Is a blind buy dangerous in this situation?

No blind buy at those prices is safe. I love them, but they need not be in the style you're looking for.
    The exclusives are a pain in that respect. To smell them, one has to profit from the occasional trip to an appropriate city (New York, etc) and remember to stop by the store there.

cacio

Some places sell samples of Les Exclusifs. Try searching for the Posh Peasant or the Perfumed Court for example. They should sell them individually or as a set. That would be a great way to find one you really love, plus you could experience them all.

(Not affiliated with either. I have purchased from TPC but not PP in the past.)

Quote Originally Posted by mademoiselle-c View Post
    Bonjour Les Amis,
    I usually go for orientals and some heavy florals. I want something that lives up to the No. 5, Coco, Allure Sensuelle, Obsession and Estee Lauder Beautiful in my collection. Which of the two would do that best?
    I think Allure achieves that more than Coco Mademoiselle, which to me is sweet and not such a 'serious' scent. But definitely explore the other Chanels.

Blog Entries

"Sexy" is all a matter of opinion. My BF thinks l smell downright sexy & gorgeous (his words!) when l wear Allure. l do not find it sheer at all; on me it is a strong & long-lasting creamy rose, jasmine & vanilla fragrance that feels classy & elegant to me.

A friend of mine wears Coco Mademoiselle, & although it suits her, it is way too fruity for my taste.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    "Sexy" is all a matter of opinion.
    I agree .
    I am not a particular fan of Coco Mademoiselle though it is growing on me. My DH thinks it's wonderful and sexy - it's really hard to get an enthusiastic and spontaneous compliment form DH so it's all good. I have a feeling a lot of men like this one on ladies.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I find the Mademoiselle rather 'off-putting' when I smell it on a woman. I have talked a friend of mine out of it and she is most likely getting Coromandel now.

Basenotes Institution

Larimar- Coromandel is lovely stuff . Coco Mademoiselle is pretty ubiquitous . It's quite high pitched and a little screechy for me but I understand the love for it.
    Really I do recommend sampling the Les Exclusifs before making a decision.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.