Code of Conduct
    Point Blank

Default How many bottles do you have?

Edit: meant to be a poll but I messed up...
    Last edited by Point Blank; 7th August 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: How many bottles do you have?

Enough that I'm having to consider new storage options.

What have you people done to me?!?!?

Not enough. It's never enough.

Just got 2 bottles of Ruehl 925. so now 10 or 11. NICE

Point Blank - you can still add a poll to this (I think )
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Enough that I'm having to consider new storage options.

What have you people done to me?!?!?
    YES! And I see by your join date (only a month before mine) we managed to do this in a relatively short time
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I have 10 bottles and a lot of samples.

My family doesn't understand why I'm having this hobby, not to say that they find it weird.
    It's costing me a big ammount of money. (samples are free?? yeah right)
    Although it costs me a lot of money, I'm not telling anyone I have this hobby (some kind of embarassment?).
    Some people accused me of being gay.
    And currently my taste is changing towards the more sweet and feminine fragrances.

To make things even worse, the forum added under my name that I am a junkie!!! LOL
    Help!!!
    Last edited by Suppressor; 7th August 2010 at 11:27 PM.

i have over 100. im embarressed. but i smell good.

50 something , I dont know exactly . Sometimes I think I have too much other times not enough to chose from !!! I know Im lucky

i have lots of colognes that id written off untill i read things here about them. now i feel like i have 60 or so that i like that i didnt like prior! lucky ME!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post

My family doesn't understand why I'm having this hobby, not to say that they find it weird.
    Although it costs me a lot of money, I'm not telling anyone I have this hobby (some kind of embarassment?).
    And currently my taste is changing towards the more sweet and feminine fragrances.

To make things even worse, the forum added under my name that I am a junkie!!! LOL
    Help!!!
    I totally understand JBL. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She doesn't understand my hobby at all, "How many bottles of cologne do you need anyway?"

I have a wardrobe of approximately 50 frags. Only 18 of them are full bottles though. The rest are decants and samples. I'll probably try to keep the full bottles to 20 or less. Love my decants though.

Help!!!
    I can completely relate. The family thinking it's strange, not considering it a hobby or even a proper interest, and jokingly being called gay. Kinda annoying, but what can you do?

I have about 20 proper bottles with a handful of samples. No end in sight, and I like it that way

[QUOTE=Tarheel Golfer;1900801]I totally understand JBL. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She doesn't understand my hobby at all, "How many bottles of cologne do you need anyway?"
    if i had a bottle of cologne for every time ive heard that!

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    I totally understand JBL. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She doesn't understand my hobby at all, "How many bottles of cologne do you need anyway?"
    if i had a bottle of cologne for every time ive heard that!
    ... then you'd hear it even more often?
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

35 and counting. I'm beginning to shuffle them around, and set aside the ones I don't REALLY like to sell or trade off as I aqiure more "must haves".

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    ... then you'd hear it even more often?
    yes. but id smell even BETTER!

Well, if there's one thing I've learned: whatever round number you think is a good limit, there's always another, larger round number just beyond it.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Point Blank - you can still add a poll to this (I think )
    Really? How do I do this? I can't find the option under "Go Advanced"...

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    i have over 100. im embarressed. but i smell good.
    Hahahaha!!

Hello, my name is Pollux, and I have more bottles than I will ever need. Still... I like it.

I have a small collection compared to most Basenoters; 12 & increasing. I'm lucky no one thinks I'm cracey because i have more than a couple of bottels, they see it as ome of my many hobbies. I never do anything by halves. I have a cluttered house to prove it.

Why is it seen as strange, if a man has more than a hand full of bottles of cologne while having more than a dozen bags or shoes for woman is seen as normal? I will never understand the contradictions that exist across the genders!

15! 2 that I plan on selling. I have around 50 samples.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I have 39 bottles and over 300 samples.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    I have more bottles than I will ever need. Still... I like it.
    Ditto for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have around 35 full bottles. About 10 of those are up for sale. My wife would not care if I had 100, which is a very dangerous thing. 60 has been my high water mark, about three years ago.

I just tell people that I have "a lot." So that's good enough for me. I have a lot.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

'bout 20-something...anyone who has actually seen my collection says i need help, sarcastically of course, but every joke has some truth :P "how many bottles do you need?!"

simple fact is half my collection is my old, teenager stuff from when i was a noobie, some is that transition stage stuff (the cheaper designer frags)/special occasion ones (Varvatos is impossible to wear non-formally to me), and the rest is wear all the time and carefully picked

35 scents including 20 full bottles, 6 miniatures and the rest is decants and vials

116 full bottles, 14 minis, a couple hundred samples and decants.

around 70 bottles
    and 50 decants
    100 samples

trying to cut down as we speak
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

over 250 bottles and counting ... I know I need to stop but somehow I can't
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Enough for multiple lifetimes (1017 full bottles) but I still keep obsessively buying. Just can't stop.
    Last edited by hednic; 8th August 2010 at 07:06 AM.

45 full bottles, 7 miniatures, about 30 samples, and another 25 or so samples to give away.

26 bottles....work in progress!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

151 regular fragrance bottles (incl. my pure parfums).
    Some 120 minis, and countless samples ... and I'm
    not done collecting, not by a long shot!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    1017 full bottles
    Say what?!

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    I know I need to stop but somehow I can't

Oh, how I (and I'm sure others) identify with that ! ! !

DeepSilence

22 little bottle

Just did a count using the wardrobe feature here and ended up with just a little over 70 bottles ... Not bad for my first year of collecting ... Bad for my wallet though ...

12 bottles or so. I'm pretty content with my small, yet versatile collection.

20 full bottles, 23 decants of at least 5ml and near 300 samples.. Oh dear.

Between 40 and 50, since I do have backups for some of my frags

Blog Entries

One more for "not enough."

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Not enough. It's never enough.

21, which is only a few bottles more than the number on my wishlist. I'm wondering how many I'll end up with and if it's workable to even try to impose limits on it.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Blog Entries

2 Bathrooms full...am getting new floor boards fitted soon...happy days...
    Last edited by Francop; 8th August 2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Enhance the comment

Enough for the rest of my life - and still looking for the one and only! The never ending story includes around 80 bottles and 250 samples. And the best: since Xerjoff my wife starts to go along with my hobby...

tallied it up at 117 not counting samples. Dont have too many samples.

2. Soon to be 5. Then I'm done. lol for real this time though.

Last time I counted - and that was a while a go - around 170 bottles and countless samples.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

35 FB and around 30 decants/miniatures + 100 designer samples. Just sold off 100+ niche samples. Without fellow fragrance lunatics here on Basenotes, this hobby gets pretty lonely sometimes - people find it hard to understand. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    35 FB and around 30 decants/miniatures + 100 designer samples. Just sold off 100+ niche samples. Without fellow fragrance lunatics here on Basenotes, this hobby gets pretty lonely sometimes - people find it hard to understand. Lol.
    I agree, people find it very hard to understand.

Everytime I tell people my hobby, it's either a reply with a, "WOW *LOL* Hahahahaha", "That's new, never heard of that before" or "Okay......"

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    I can completely relate. The family thinking it's strange, not considering it a hobby or even a proper interest, and jokingly being called gay. Kinda annoying, but what can you do?
    Simply react like they are insulting you by calling you gay... works like a charm.
    They won't say it twice...

Simply react like they are insulting you by calling you gay... works like a charm.
    Aren't we all sick of these stereotypes sigh....what I've learnt, is to truly share your hobby with those who are actually INTERESTED AND share these same common interests as you. If not there are always people who will come along and think it's "gay", "feminine", "queer".

16 bottles. Found another expensive hobby and will stop collecting.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Yes but these are the same neanderthals who will spray themselves with Axe/Lynx on a Friday night in the desperate hope that it will make them smell attractive to women. The same people who will refer to Cool Water as "Cool Waters".

The same people who will buy a fragrance because it's shaped like a fist.

The same people who will buy a fragrance because it's shaped like a dumbell.

The same people who will pull you to one side when their mates aren't there and ask you what fragrance chicks really like...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Blog Entries

I think the most important thing with anything in life is to do what makes you happy. I get criticized EVERY TIME i buy a new bottle, try a new fragrance, even mention a fragrance. I've learned to simply not talk about it unless the person is actually interested, then to not over do it and weird them out. My family is 110% against having more than even 3 bottles of cologne. God forbid you like variety. A good amount of what i own, i dont wear because my tastes have changed so much. I'm no longer a kid when it comes to fragrances, i've grown as a "smeller" so to speak. I've definitely calmed down in terms of buying and sampling, i only buy what i really like, and sample what i'm interested in. I stay away from anything aquatic, green, or whimpy woody, as i'm much more interested in the thick, full, spicy orientals and gourmands. So much of this hobby is trial and error, finding what you like...no finding what you LOVE. It took me many bottles, but it parallels life in general. You have to fall down, make mistakes, fall in love, be heart broken to grow as a person and ultimately become who you are. Maybe i'm being too deep about this, but i really feel that you've gotta learn what you hate in order to find what you love.

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I think the most important thing with anything in life is to do what makes you happy. I get criticized EVERY TIME i buy a new bottle, try a new fragrance, even mention a fragrance. I've learned to simply not talk about it unless the person is actually interested, then to not over do it and weird them out. My family is 110% against having more than even 3 bottles of cologne. God forbid you like variety. A good amount of what i own, i dont wear because my tastes have changed so much. I'm no longer a kid when it comes to fragrances, i've grown as a "smeller" so to speak. I've definitely calmed down in terms of buying and sampling, i only buy what i really like, and sample what i'm interested in. I stay away from anything aquatic, green, or whimpy woody, as i'm much more interested in the thick, full, spicy orientals and gourmands. So much of this hobby is trial and error, finding what you like...no finding what you LOVE. It took me many bottles, but it parallels life in general. You have to fall down, make mistakes, fall in love, be heart broken to grow as a person and ultimately become who you are. Maybe i'm being too deep about this, but i really feel that you've gotta learn what you hate in order to find what you love.
    This seems very odd to me - everyone saying they're getting criticized. My family just doesn't care about this kind of stuff - why would it matter? What does your family tell you?? On what basis are they criticizing you?

If it gets out of hand, I can understand that people would poke fun at you, but criticize? "Hey, I think you really need to get your act together. Your behavior isn't acceptable. Don't you see how people are being hurt by your fragrance habit??" I don't mean to ridicule it, not at all, I'm just trying to understand...

Blog Entries

You sound to me like a very BIG STAR already !!!